My company sticks with the old 8350i because that is the only device that carries Nextel Direct Connect. I personally don't like DC, but some folks like it enough that they are happy to sacrifice the bells and whistles of a higher-end device.
    12-11-11 09:19 AM
    256mb of ram
    2.0 megapixel camera + no flash
    Low resolution screen
    Cheap/plastic feel hardware-wise

Let's face it - we're not in 2007 anymore. I can understand that some people can't get better BB devices because they're on carriers other than Sprint, Verizon, or ATT so the Curve is their last resort. Some people think the cost is too high for the other Blackberry devices ($150-$200) but even though I have a part-time job as a student making $9/hr I can still afford to buy a more solid device like the Bold 9650.

I'm not hating on the Curve series. I think all Blackberries are legit. But what does the Curve have that the other BB devices don't have?
    People enjoy simplicity. Some people do not require high-end features.
    12-11-11 09:23 AM
    I keep the Curve 8330 for my wife in a protective case (Body Glove) when I bought myself the iPhone 4s. The Curve (the 8330) is far from cheap feeling, as the newer Curve's have become, and mine is in as new condition since day one. While it's nice to have a higher mgp camera, I have a Leica Digilux for fine photography, and seeing as my wife is a zero when it comes to hi tech, the 8330 is more then what she'll ever need in a phone. Lastly, had I bought everyone in the house an iPhone, I would not have had the benefit of Bridge for my newly acquired Playbook.
    12-11-11 09:56 AM
    I had an 8330 for a lomg time. Great, reliable device. I now have a 9930 which in my opinion is tops of all of them. My wife has a curve 9330 and she likes it better than my bold 9930...to each their own...
    12-11-11 12:17 PM
    I love my Curve 9330. Its not as fast as the Torch or the Bold, but it still does what I need to do very well. The camera kinda sucks, however I need a phenomenal camera in my phone when I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35. Other than lacking in that, I find it to be a very capable phone.
    12-11-11 02:42 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD