Trying to understand what makes it so special.. Its just photo sharing /editing tool like many others

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chicago777Guy; 04-16-13 at 02:55 PM.
    04-16-13 02:18 PM
    why do people still make these threads?
    Regardless of WHY people need it, they do, and will complain til it comes.
    04-16-13 02:21 PM
    It makes perfectly high quality photo look junkie...plus there are so many build in filters to camera in Z10 and pretty cool story maker app.

Posted via CB10
    Instagram isn't just a camera filter app. I think the majority of people use it for the social networking aspects. I don't use it, myself, but I can see how others can get into it.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    04-16-13 02:24 PM
    Can you explain the social aspects of it?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:33 PM
    Because people like it?

You might as well ask, Why do people need McDonald's, Or why do people need to have fun.

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone and ihys like this.
    04-16-13 02:35 PM
    Why do people use Twitter? Or Facebook? Or Flickr? Because they want to.

If you're genuinely curious as to what it's all about, sign up for an account, sideload it onto the Z10, follow a few people and have some friends follow you, then see if it does anything for you. No point having someone trying to explain it to you when you can experience it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:41 PM
    Why do people need Facebook?

It's another social networking site. It's not like it's photobucket with fun effects.

I say, Instagram is Twitter with pictures. I think it's fun. I use it, but I can live without it. I don't use it all day personally.

But millions use it and that is the point.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-16-13 02:51 PM
    Can you explain the social aspects of it?

Posted via CB10
    It's not all about filtered pictures of lunch. For example, my daughter has a Dance Mom's fan page that has over 1,000 followers. It's not really pictures she has taken, mostly pics pulled from the web and added to her page. (and yes, I'm not happy with my daughter watching Dance Moms, but you've got to pick your battles)

Do you have any interests or hobbies? You can find pictures about just about anything and that can lead to like-minded individuals that you might have a discussion with. Much like what we are doing here on CB, but not always with pictures.

Some say Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read/write...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-16-13 02:57 PM
    It's not all about filtered pictures of lunch. For example, my daughter has a Dance Mom's fan page that has over 1,000 followers. It's not really pictures she has taken, mostly pics pulled from the web and added to her page. (and yes, I'm not happy with my daughter watching Dance Moms, but you've got to pick your battles)

Do you have any interests or hobbies? You can find pictures about just about anything and that can lead to like-minded individuals that you might have a discussion with. Much like what we are doing here on CB, but not always with pictures.

Some say Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read/write...
    Dance moms....seriously! honey boo boo is the bomb. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 03:18 PM
    I NEED it for work. Until BlackBerry 10 get's one I have to use two devices.
    04-16-13 03:19 PM
    You know...I've never thought of it from a hobby aspect. I've never really looked into it at all. I might have to check it out...but something tells me it's a slippery slope and I'll get hooked!
    04-16-13 03:25 PM
    I personally use instagram for the motivation and actually ideas for traveling. Since it has a universal search function, it actually makes it really easy to search for pictures you're looking for.
    04-16-13 03:29 PM
    I wouldn't mess with it. It's owned by Facebook but I don't think they invest in as much security in it as they do with the flagship. I barely out up my own pics on Facebook let alone an app I don't trust

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 03:31 PM
    I understand that some people under repressive regimes use it as a form of communication.

A lot of corporations use it effectively as well.
    04-16-13 03:31 PM
    They dont need it, but it will help sell phones!
    04-16-13 03:34 PM
    I would try it but the setup to get the acct installed blue stacks on my laptop...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:34 PM
    @Chicago777Guy

Instagram Reports 90 Million Monthly Active Users and 40 Million Photos Per Day....

Are you just trying to bash people that want Instagram on their BB?....

Delete this thread
    04-16-13 03:46 PM
    Trying to understand what makes it so special.. Its just photo sharing /editing tool like many others

Posted via CB10
    Its not special. lol...

"Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. " - Tyler Durden
    04-16-13 03:54 PM
    Sideload it people, it's pretty simple. Once it does come people will complain that it's a port then move on to the next app that isn't here yet.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    04-16-13 04:00 PM
    why do people need smartphones? i mean, humanity survived millennia without electricity, couldn't we just throw them all away and call it a wash?
    04-16-13 04:03 PM
    why do people need smartphones? i mean, humanity survived millennia without electricity, couldn't we just throw them all away and call it a wash?
    Exactly. LOL.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    04-16-13 04:05 PM
    I'm pretty sure OP knows what instragram is. Before he edited his post he insulted it. why make another thread if you are just planning to troll? you are going to ask about skype and netflix next thread?
    04-16-13 04:06 PM
    What's there to insult it does make your photo low quality from higher resolution... doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:16 PM
    What's there to insult it does make your photo low quality from higher resolution... doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    Surely there's a way to upload a pic without putting it through a filter first...
    04-16-13 04:21 PM
    We live in a time where people prefer to interact digitally than face to face. It seems each generation becomes more egotistical. We need people to follow us and like our photos to make us feel popular, attractive and better about ourselves overall. We need our egos constantly stroked. Instagram is the best platform to make all of these things happen so that's why it's so important for people to have.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 04:43 PM
46 12