Hey,

So i have an AOL account (forwarding to outlook) and a webmail account from my company - I'm using BIS.

Why is it that e-mails take 25-45 minutes from the time they're recieved to get to my blackberry?!? Occasionally it will even take a few hours!

Thought this was supposed to be basically instant...whats the ish? HELP! I can't be waiting that long to get e-mails! Thats why i bought a BB in the first place!

~Jesse

EDIT: Oops...i meant to post this in the newbie forum. If its misplaced, mods feel free to move it. Sorry
    06-08-07 09:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Really, you should create a BlackBerry email address (BIS). Log into your carriers website, and create it there. Or, depending on the BlackBerry you have, go to 'setup internet email'. Once done, go to your AOL account, and see if you have a 'forward option' available. If yes, forward a copy of your AOL emails to that new BlackBerry email address...

You'll now get emails INSTANTLY!
    06-08-07 09:45 AM
    Not all email to the BB is instant email. Only certain accounts like gmail, yahoo, and your @blackberry.net email accounts are instant push email (I think hotmail is instant also). All other accounts are pulled, and will generally be checked every 15 minutes by the server. Now if you were to be on a BES, that would be instant email also.
    06-08-07 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD