I have an 8gb media card with about 2100 songs and a couple of clips on my card. The media card makes my BB run at a glacial pace. I added a couple of songs and disconnected my berry about an hour and a half ago.
    06-25-08 07:20 PM
    No problems here with my 4 GB card...
    06-25-08 10:52 PM
    Media cards don't suck on blackberries. Your device is not designed to be compatible with the 8g media card - only up to 4g. This is where your problem is coming from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 10:54 PM
    2100 songs? Yikes. The BB isn't really meant to be a media player; the media player is sort of a side add-on.

Clearly you're looking for a media oriented phone.. maybe you should be looking in the iPhone direction?

I use my BB for my phone/email/IM/mobile browsing, and then I have an iPod for media.
    06-25-08 10:55 PM
    The 8330 shopped with 4.3, which has always been compatible with 8gb.
    06-25-08 10:59 PM
    Wow that’s a lot of song for a BB I got maybe 20 on my lol, the rest is ringtones. But I don't have a problem at all with my BB
    06-25-08 11:01 PM
    No, 4.3 is not. It will only recognize up to 4g. Not 8g. It will accept the card, but cannot utilize all the space the card has to offer.

06-25-08 11:03 PM

Size limits of supported microSD media cards
    06-25-08 11:11 PM
    No, 4.3 is not. It will only recognize up to 4g. Not 8g. It will accept the card, but cannot utilize all the space the card has to offer.

She's right. Only about half of the 8GB is usable. Go for a 4GB card and it'll work fine. My 4GB works superbly....doesnt slow down my phone.
    06-25-08 11:12 PM

Hehe... all the more reason why I appreciate the 8130 which CAN recognize/utilize all the space the card has to offer.
    06-25-08 11:13 PM
    Pfft. Sure. Rub it in, buddy.

06-25-08 11:16 PM
    Hate to tell you this, you are almost all wrong. It doesn't have a 4gb limit. The 8330 and the 8130 shipped with OS 4.3, which has always supported 8gb cards.
    06-25-08 11:18 PM
    Ah so maybe my pearl can as well eh? I have a 4GB and cant even manage to fill 1GB so I dont think I'll ever need 8GB
    Pfft. Sure. Rub it in, buddy.

oh.... you mean like 96MB 96MB 96MB 96MB 96MB 96MB
    Hate to tell you this, you are almost all wrong. It doesn't have a 4gb limit. The 8330 and the 8130 shipped with OS 4.3, which has always supported 8gb cards.
    I have seen some other people on CB say that all of the 8GB isnt available. I havent personally experienced it but you could test that out and let us know.
    06-25-08 11:20 PM
    Hehe scan... Why you gotta bring up old sh*t?

Zina you must not understand. The 8g card WILL WORK on your 4.3 device. But it will not recognize all 8 gigs!!

06-25-08 11:23 PM
    I have an 8gb media card with about 2100 songs and a couple of clips on my card. The media card makes my BB run at a glacial pace. I added a couple of songs and disconnected my berry about an hour and a half ago.
    Media cards don't suck on blackberries. Your device is not designed to be compatible with the 8g media card - only up to 4g. This is where your problem is coming from.

She's right. Only about half of the 8GB is usable. Go for a 4GB card and it'll work fine. My 4GB works superbly....doesnt slow down my phone.
    Hehe scan... Why you gotta bring up old sh*t?

Zina you must not understand. The 8g card WILL WORK on your 4.3 device. But it will not recognize all 8 gigs!!

This pic from another thread may be of some help to you all

Mine works fine in my 8330 Curve...

All MicroSD cards 4GB and above are all SDHC.. It just means that they're high capacity...

16 and 32 GB ones are actually in the works.. The upper limit of SDHC Cards are actually 2 Terabytes, or 2048 Gigabytes..

//edit//

Sorry i just fully read your post now, i get very busy sometimes..

Yes, i can guarantee you that a 8GB MicroSDHC card works perfectly in a 8330 Curve, i have one myself....
    I recommend getting a Sandisk one though..

Screen from 8330 Curve..

If you click on the little blue arrow next to "Timewalks" name it will take you to the thread.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 06-25-08 at 11:28 PM.
    06-25-08 11:26 PM
    jenaywins. Beat me to the 4g support. Don't think I'll ever fill mine up. But it does take awhile to load up my pictures. Have hundreds of photos. Using only 10% of a 2g card.
    06-25-08 11:27 PM
    I would much prefer if the PC's processor would do the heavy lifting and create the music library file one time. From that point on the when booted it should only do a quick scan for changes instead of building the entire database.
    06-25-08 11:33 PM
    The problem you are experiencing is that the RIM file system is not really optimized with the processor it has to have so many files in one directory. You probably have all of them in a single directory or many more than is considered optimal.

Split them up and you'll have better performance.
    06-26-08 12:30 AM
    8g isn't fully supported (from experience). What's more amusing, with a 4g card the BB was great but it was unreadable by my PC medua reader. Long and short of it, try the 4g card.

06-26-08 01:16 AM

NOT CORRECT! (sorry for yelling) I've got an 8GB card in my 8330 running 4.3. It sees all of the memory, in fact I've got over 5GB of data on the card. Verizon's 4.3 is basically 4.5, and it can and does see 8GB microSDHC cards.

From Options/Media Card
    Total Space 7.6GB
    Free Space 1.9GB

Going to have to get a 16GB when they become available.
    Last edited by frasej; 06-26-08 at 10:01 AM.
    06-26-08 09:58 AM

The OP is actually correct in this case Jenay

The OS 4.3 is compatible with 8Gb cards. That is probably not the issue... I would say it is the fact that the OP has loaded the card to FULL!!

That much media on the card takes time to be indexed by the Berry! Also, watching video uses memory to buffer your video, etc.
    06-26-08 10:06 AM
    I agree I dug a little and found this Enter your location click phone details and you'll see the the sd card size in the second column
    06-26-08 10:17 AM
    agree with OP,

Music and pics = slooooooooooooow , as soon as loaded a moderate amount of songs (100 ish) and same photo's the egg timer frequents my BB
    06-26-08 10:24 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD