Seriously I see this happen way too often. The most recent example I can think of is 9gag. They made a quality native app which I am sure they spent a decent amount of effort on, plus it gets frequent updates.
    So why when I go on their desktop site it says "download on app store and Google play"

I mean cmon? I don't understand. They put a lot of effort into building and maintaining an app, but they choose not to tell consumers they have one? I think twitter is also the same. Where they have a native BlackBerry 10 app, but for some reason it only says "download on app store and Google play"

What could possibly be bad of informing people you have an app you built for BlackBerry on your own website? It seems pretty dumb not letting consumers know of your hard work. I didn't know 9gag had a BlackBerry App until crackberry made a post on it. This could be happening to many other sites.

Posted via CB10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    12-11-13 03:45 AM
    Dropbox announces iOS and Android only as well, don't understand it neither

C000F331C channel
    12-11-13 03:53 AM

C000F331C channel
    Yea it boggles my mind. Oh jeez I hope I didn't start a massive conspiracy theory thread.......

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:02 AM
    I was wondering too since I found the 9gag app while just searching around in BlackBerry World and was very surprised of it's good quality.

I think developers think it is just not worth to advertise a BlackBerry app, which is sad. They think, well, now as we have major platform apps we will throw BlackBerry users a bone too.

I am missing so many apps and I'm just fed up with searching for a compatible android version. I wanna just go to the store and download it.

A recent story which was driving me really mad: I emailed the federal swiss railway company to ask if a BlackBerry 10 App was on it's way. They have pretty good apps on all major platforms including Windows Phone. They even had a OS 7 App which has been discontinued due to lack of interest.

The answer was that no BB10 app is planned because they want to focus on modern platforms. This shows that some guys have no idea how BB10 works. That's just where BlackBerry users have to put some pressure on them by inquiring via email and social media.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:43 AM

C000F331C channel
    Isn't dropbox built into the OS?
    12-11-13 07:20 AM
    Mm I've just realized it says "connect to Dropbox by BlackBerry ltd"... so it's not considered official?

C000F331C channel
    12-11-13 08:13 AM
    Mm I've just realized it says "connect to Dropbox by BlackBerry ltd"... so it's not considered official?

C000F331C channel
    Hmm still . We should riot against this injustice

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-11-13 08:17 AM
    Yea I don't get it either. Even on TV commercials, its always "Download on iTunes or Play Store" even if there is a BB10 app
    12-11-13 09:02 AM