I tether using "Tether". I am using Bluetooth connection. when someone calls while tethered it auto connects to the computer. how do i change it so that calls stay on the phone and dont auto answer?
    08-09-10 06:04 PM
    Calls will take precedence over data.
    Can I receive phone calls, emails, or text messages while using Tether?
    It depends. 3G is the classification of the network speed. There are still two major type of 3G network in the US, CDMA and GSM.

With CDMA, you can not have voice and data at same time. With GSM, you can. However, just like everything else in the world, there is always the trade-off. EV-DO on CDMA does offer the better data connection speed and performance since it does not share the voice channel.

So, if you are with Verizon and/or Sprint, you are on CDMA network. Therefore, voice call will interrupt your data connection temporary; If you are on AT&T and/or T-Mobile, then you are on GSM network, voice and data can be active at same time.

Please note, the SMS in on the voice channel. So, it will act as same as with voice when in terms of how it affects data connection.
    08-09-10 09:29 PM
    I dont mind the call taking over the data, but i dont like how it auto answers and directs the call though the computer... how can i stop this
    08-09-10 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD