How often do you hear from Blackberry?

I've been a loyal user for over a decade and yet I never seem to get emails from them.

I must have entered my email a hundred times over the years when getting downloads from RIM, etc, but do I ever receive follow-up emails ... never!

It would cost Blackberry very little to start a passionate email campaign thanking their loyal users for their custom, but they genuinely don't seem to care.

Maybe everyone else gets lots of emails from Blackberry? Maybe it is just me they don't write to.

Does anyone else get regular emails from Blackberry?
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-10-15 05:04 AM
    I do get emails from Blackberry from time to time mostly about new products and events happening receive one last week about them buying Good Technology .
    09-10-15 05:28 AM
    I do get emails from Blackberry from time to time mostly about new products and events happening receive one last week about them buying Good Technology .
    That was the first 'unsolicited' (e.g.: not in response to a purchase or sign-up) email I can remember ever getting from them.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:12 AM
    Hoh, i entered my email more than 10 times but never got a email from BlackBerry...
    Not even about new products etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:14 AM
    They understand their users are busy "getting things done" and don't want to interrupt.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:28 AM
    They understand their users are busy "getting things done" and don't want to interrupt.
    You might be right.

But what brought this lack of communication home was this morning I was talking to an ex-Blackberry user who is now on an iPhone. I told him about all the cool reasons why the Passport is awesome and he was seriously impressed, and wondered why Blackberry hadn't bothered to let him know.

This is the partner in a financial advice company employing quite a few people and guess what - they're now all on iPhones. If Blackberry had bothered to keep in touch with him they might well have kept a customer.

It is like Blackberry just can't be bothered. And this isn't a new thing. They've always been hopeless and communicating with their customers. Go figure. It just doesn't make sense.
    09-10-15 09:40 AM
    The last email I got from BlackBerry was last April 1. It was an email about the BlackBerry Leap. That's it.

I used to get emails from BlackBerry a bit more regularly.

I guess they figured out that I'm a consumer and not an enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:46 PM
    At what point do people start to get it... "they do not care!!!!".... you can be sure lots of emails end up in Enterprise mailboxes...as they have left the consumer market... what is you expectation... as they shift to more and more software... consumers become less and less relevant... Welcome to the Nihe Market....
    09-10-15 01:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Loading leaks and patching android apps or updating their facebook feed?
    sirius27 likes this.
    09-10-15 01:57 PM
    At what point do people start to get it... "they do not care!!!!"....
    I actually think you might be write.

Even a one-man business operating from a bedroom can manage to send out a couple of nice emails to their customers each month.

And when that small business launches a new product the first thing they'll do is let their mailing list know. Basic stuff, right?

So the only reason why Blackberry can intentionally fail to email all the email address they have collected over the years is because they choose not to communicate with users. That is BAD!!! In fact, it is so bad it borders on corporate neglect, don't you think?
    09-10-15 04:22 PM
    How often do you hear from Blackberry?

I've been a loyal user for over a decade and yet I never seem to get emails from them.

I must have entered my email a hundred times over the years when getting downloads from RIM, etc, but do I ever receive follow-up emails ... never!

It would cost Blackberry very little to start a passionate email campaign thanking their loyal users for their custom, but they genuinely don't seem to care.

Maybe everyone else gets lots of emails from Blackberry? Maybe it is just me they don't write to.

Does anyone else get regular emails from Blackberry?
    After 10 years you finally have this figured out?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:31 AM
    I get emails from BlackBerry when there is special announcements or webinars. Got one today on three different accounts (same invite) to a webinar.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-11-15 12:51 AM
    I get emails from BlackBerry when there is special announcements or webinars. Got one today on three different accounts (same invite) to a webinar.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    A webinar on what?

And odd that you got it on three accounts when nobody else seems to be getting anything. Sounds like you're on a different list to us mere ordinary Blackberry users.
    09-11-15 01:03 AM
    What I want to introduce in this discussion is: emails are only one approach, and not a good one, for communication. Especially newsletters are indeed crap, I have a filter on my mail server for the word "newsletter" in a subject line because the very most newsletters as I know them are abuse of email. But enterprise communication can be much more.

The first and central instance should be an official website free of bloats with a proper roadmap, with official announcements and statements, with some background informations. This should be possible and this is indeed something else than the current BB website, also something else than John Chen's Twitter feed (John Chen twitters (10th of May): "Wish you all a happy Mother's day. Salute to all Mom"). Many many people want to know when which things will happen, and where and often also why (or why not). If this is not communicated officially this opens the field for these damned rumours we all know.

Additionally an official company Blog with a working RSS feed containing first hand informations is indeed not much effort. This can be done completely by one or two person(s) on two days in a month. I can't believe that I must say this here. Every damned pizza service has a proper Blog.

I also consider the BB World website as a form of communication - it's ten years old, isn't it? (This is one reason why I seriously call them still RIM, ten years behind the present ...)

And why doesn't every customer get a preconfigured link to an official BBM channel with his new device?
    09-11-15 01:26 AM
    A webinar on what?

And odd that you got it on three accounts when nobody else seems to be getting anything. Sounds like you're on a different list to us mere ordinary Blackberry users.
    I am just an ordinary BB user for many years since the Blackberry pagers. I was sent the Android Secured: BES12 and Samsung KNOX Webinar signup page that I believe is Sept 17th
    Larry Harper likes this.
    09-11-15 11:22 AM
    A webinar on what?

Maybe BlackBerry has started using iphones for emailing?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:10 PM
    I had two very good and one minor good chat over twitter with blackberryhelp

And the I called them as I did not get answer anymore on the 10.3.2 update... I was a bit angry and refused to tell my device nbr and wanted to talk to a senior supporter, got put through and was handled by him with good understanding and care

The same day the update came in... ! Two, three days ago

I asked him if I needed to pay for the call and he said 'not at all' I could call anytime, if I had a question or problem

The nbr is 0018772552377 dialed from outside the US

This was a very good experience!...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:12 PM
    Perhaps they're just respecting our privacy, they know we don't like how Google and others hoard our data and target us with things their spying tells them we might be interested in and instead blackberry leave us the hell alone to 'get things done' on our device of choice.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:08 PM
    Perhaps they're just respecting our privacy, they know we don't like how Google and others hoard our data and target us with things their spying tells them we might be interested in and instead blackberry leave us the hell alone to 'get things done' on our device of choice.

Comedic gold.
    09-12-15 12:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why would I not want to hear from them.

I'd love for them to share tips and tricks with me, tell me about new products coming out, etc. That isn't invasive at all, and if I want to unsubscribe (which I definitely wouldn't) there'd be the obligatory link at the bottom to manage my subscriptions.

And short emails that linked through to a blog, as muellerto suggests, would be a great way of creating stickiness and building loyalty, and converting users into loyal advocates of the brand. It is seriously basic stuff, so it is inexplicable as to why Blackberry are failing to do it.
    09-12-15 11:30 AM
    What I want to introduce in this discussion is: emails are only one approach, and not a good one, for communication. Especially newsletters are indeed crap, I have a filter on my mail server for the word "newsletter" in a subject line because the very most newsletters as I know them are abuse of email. But enterprise communication can be much more.

The first and central instance should be an official website free of bloats with a proper roadmap, with official announcements and statements, with some background informations. This should be possible and this is indeed something else than the current BB website, also something else than John Chen's Twitter feed (John Chen twitters (10th of May): "Wish you all a happy Mother's day. Salute to all Mom"). Many many people want to know when which things will happen, and where and often also why (or why not). If this is not communicated officially this opens the field for these damned rumours we all know.

Additionally an official company Blog with a working RSS feed containing first hand informations is indeed not much effort. This can be done completely by one or two person(s) on two days in a month. I can't believe that I must say this here. Every damned pizza service has a proper Blog.

I also consider the BB World website as a form of communication - it's ten years old, isn't it? (This is one reason why I seriously call them still RIM, ten years behind the present ...)

And why doesn't every customer get a preconfigured link to an official BBM channel with his new device?
    Totally right muellerto. How come all this stuff is done by little one-man companies and yet a multi-billion dollar global corporation can't manage to just run a simple blog and communicate with their loyal users in the same way as everyone else has been doing for years!
    09-12-15 11:32 AM
    I get at least one email a week, sometimes two and every email I send BlackBerry gets a reply.

Signing up to a news letter or something, doesn't mean BlackBerry have to send you emails all the time. If you want blogs check out inside BlackBerry
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/ which you can download to your BlackBerry Smartphone

Check out BlackBerry Community App in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/46922891

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 09-13-15 at 09:54 AM.
    muellerto likes this.
    09-12-15 11:36 AM
    Why do Blackberry not communicate with users?-img_20150912_185851.png

I'm in talks with BlackBerry about it

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:00 PM