It sounds great. Catchy music and a cool idea but the problem is: the viewer doesn't know what it's for. The Z10 is very subtly slid into the commercial an average TV watcher won't even notice

Posted via CB10
    This is right ^^. I think some of us "like " it or think it's good because we know what to look for, we recognize what the features are they are showing. But the non CrackBerry non BlackBerry fan, IMHO doesn't get the commercial. They haven't been told/taught what's making all those things happen. Likely, they aren't even catching the things that are happening and that the phone, or better said, the OS is making it possible.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-24-13 11:37 PM
    This is right ^^. I think some of us "like " it or think it's good because we know what to look for, we recognize what the features are they are showing. But the non CrackBerry non BlackBerry fan, IMHO doesn't get the commercial. They haven't been told/taught what's making all those things happen. Likely, they aren't even catching the things that are happening and that the phone, or better said, the OS is making it possible.
    It's scary that a marketing exec earning a seven figure salary couldn't see that coming.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-25-13 12:58 AM
    I don't think anyone liked it. Most people were just like "WTF was that supposed to be about?"
    Loads of people here loved it. I remember getting shot down when I called it crap.
    But it was awful

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. They made an advert for people who already knew all about the phone.
    Smart move BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:14 AM
    Good posting.

Compare to this and tell me which would generate more eyeballs paying attention:

It was great for building trust in security. It wasn't good at showing what you were paying for.
    07-25-13 02:19 AM
    Too right brain(artsy fartsy)for the left brain buying public. Good call, OP. Hope Thor fired these people as well.
    "BlackBerry parted ways with Richard Piasentin, who was responsible for the management of its sales in the United States."

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technology/business-technology/two-blackberry-executives-exit-company/article13138891/?service=mobile
    07-25-13 05:03 AM
    It's scary that a marketing exec earning a seven figure salary couldn't see that coming.
    But yet anyone with common sense could lol

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:24 AM
    IMO, here's a good example of a commercial that strikes an emotional chord, and yet manages to demonstrate some features. This was released yesterday.

Xopher likes this.
    07-25-13 08:45 AM
    IMO, here's a good example of a commercial that strikes an emotional chord, and yet manages to demonstrate some features. This was released yesterday.

That's marketing done right...featuring the human element. It almost seems like a lost cause for BlackBerry to come out with a campaign as sensible and effective now.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 07-25-13 at 09:19 AM.
    07-25-13 08:49 AM
    "BlackBerry parted ways with Richard Piasentin, who was responsible for the management of its sales in the United States."

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile
    He wasn't responsible. That ad wasn't just the USA.
    Boulben is the one who is accountable

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:19 AM

That was a very well made commercial. It definitely shows real use of a device and how it can fit into someone's life.

BlackBerry had a commercial showing a lady using her PlayBook throughout the day (never aired that I know of) that could have made a good impression, but they don't seem to want to market usability.
    07-25-13 10:31 AM
    That was a very well made commercial. It definitely shows real use of a device and how it can fit into someone's life.

BlackBerry had a commercial showing a lady using her PlayBook throughout the day (never aired that I know of) that could have made a good impression, but they don't seem to want to market usability.
    I remember that one. It came along with another one that showed a man using his PlayBook to orchestrate a marriage proposal, which was kinda neat and touching all at the same time. Two of the best ads BlackBerry ever produced and they basically got thrown in the garbage.
    07-25-13 01:16 PM
    I remember that one. It came along with another one that showed a man using his PlayBook to orchestrate a marriage proposal, which was kinda neat and touching all at the same time. Two of the best ads BlackBerry ever produced and they basically got thrown in the garbage.
    These sound like they're very good. Can someone find the links to them?
    07-25-13 01:26 PM
    These sound like they're very good. Can someone find the links to them?
    Here's one of them.
    notfanboy likes this.
    07-25-13 05:12 PM
    Here's one of them.
    Can you imagine going up to the apple store and playing this video on all the macs. Everyone is gonna be asking if they can do that on their iPads.

Technically you can but you need to invest in three devices

-I'm A Gay Dev. Deal With It.
    07-25-13 05:21 PM
    Here's one of them.
    This is so much better than the stuff they went with! Emotional connection and show features!
    07-25-13 05:41 PM
    Wow. I read your ad description and assumed you were being sarcastic!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:42 PM
    It was great for building trust in security. It wasn't good at showing what you were paying for.
    Thats the point, it isn't about selling you a Z10, it's about selling you on the company. Blackberry has a terrible, awful image problem. That "ad" is about changing that image.

Understand this, fellow Blackberry fans, until they change their image, they will find little success selling their phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-25-13 05:43 PM
    Wow. I read your ad description and assumed you were being sarcastic!
    Nope. It's all real.
    07-27-13 12:00 AM
    Can you imagine going up to the apple store and playing this video on all the macs. Everyone is gonna be asking if they can do that on their iPads.

Technically you can but you need to invest in three devices

-I'm A Gay Dev. Deal With It.
    I returned my PB because I didn't see the need to use two devices when I can just use one. I can use wifi or get my own data plan when I want to, keeping my communication tool free.

I doubt you will find too many Apple customers pining for the ability to tie up two devices to do the job of one. Especially since iPads have always had native email and stand alone network connectivity.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    07-27-13 05:41 AM
    Thats the point, it isn't about selling you a Z10, it's about selling you on the company. Blackberry has a terrible, awful image problem. That "ad" is about changing that image.

Understand this, fellow Blackberry fans, until they change their image, they will find little success selling their phones.
    BlackBerry has has plenty of opportunity to try to improve their image. For some reason, they feel that just isn't a priority right now.
    07-28-13 11:36 AM
    They need to show people what the phone can do and what the OS looks like. It will take multiple 30 second ads. It also wouldn't hurt to make fun of themselves with something like "Not your Father's (or bosses) BlackBerry" like Cadillac did to change their image when they went from luxury to luxury/sport.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lnichols; 07-28-13 at 11:56 PM.
    07-28-13 01:04 PM
    I returned my PB because I didn't see the need to use two devices when I can just use one. I can use wifi or get my own data plan when I want to, keeping my communication tool free.

I doubt you will find too many Apple customers pining for the ability to tie up two devices to do the job of one. Especially since iPads have always had native email and stand alone network connectivity.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    I have this vision that just the word "Playbook" makes you vurp.
    Attached Thumbnails Why didn't this commercial work????-puke-my-mouth-o.jpg  
    07-28-13 07:09 PM
    I have this vision that just the word "Playbook" makes you vurp.
    Not attractive but dead on accurate.

07-28-13 07:16 PM
    They need to show people what the phone can do and what the OS looks like. It will take multiple 30 second ads. It also wouldn't hurt to make fun of themselves with something like "Not your Father's (or bosses) BlackBerry" like Cadillac did to change their image when they went from luxury to luxury/sport.
    You hit the nail right on the head. They must overcome the negative perception and show that they are reborn.
    08-10-13 11:40 AM
75 123