I was hooked with 9670. Once you learn how to use it (keyboard shortcut etc), nothing beats bb for smart"phone" for me. I now have 9900 & I have everything I need from my phone on 9900. And RIM is Canadian. I'm happy to support Canadian company. Just waiting for Q10 to get Japanese input??, so I can upgrade.
    05-17-13 09:29 AM
    I've stuck with BlackBerry now for several years because it suits my personal and business needs. I've seen other platforms and phones and have a network of friends who LOVE iPhone but it's never compared to what BlackBerry could do.

I know my needs are different than others. Some like to use thir phones for games or videos or whatever it might be. I've never got into the battle between phones and why one is better than the other.

IPhone can do somethings that BlackBerry can't and vice versa. Same with Android phones as well. If something suits your day to day needs that should be good.

Thats why I chuckle when people set up accounts on CB saying that BlackBerry sucks and they'll be returning their device etc. If it works for you hats off to you.

BB has always worked for my needs and that's why I've stuck with then. BlackBerry has always made great phones and I've had minimal issues over the years.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    FRoStYisGoD and shaleem like this.
    05-17-13 09:43 AM
    Because I do not follow the crowd. BlackBerry makes the perfect communications device. For my business needs it is the only mobile I will use. The best is yet to come with BlackBerry.

TH and his team have a vision which will turn this business on its head...mark my words.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-17-13 11:14 AM
    It suits my needs at work and at home. If I need to share my life, I call or message the ones I care about with an intimate note just for them. Filling my phone with music or crappy and redundant apps has never passed the good sense test for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:45 PM
    Loyalty.
    ease of use
    Email
    I never run with a crowd

My son and his fiends
    Bbm.

Got a z10 but gonna have a q10, i want the qwerty.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:29 AM
    On BBOS devices, I loved the huge level of customizability, from the settings down to choosing which .cod version I want to load.

When I have everything set up, it ends up tasting like the meatballs I cooked for lunch.

Sold all my other phones, now uncertain whether its gonna be Z or Q.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-18-13 07:31 AM
    My affair with Blackberry began in 2007 with a BES issued device. Was amazed at what that little curve could do! Purchased a personal 9650, 9930 and now a Z10. Still use a 9810 for work another great work horse of a phone. The Z10 is the most amazing device I'm absolutely in love with it! Also, still use my Playbook daily which I've had since launch, another fabulous device. Blackberry works perfect for me.

Blackberry for life!
    Supa_Fly1 and Vorkosigan like this.
    05-18-13 07:56 AM
    I didn't like android... i did like iPhone but hated the home button.
    BlackBerry just fits

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:08 AM
    I had one contact who did not want to load WhatsApp so I was stuck using my 9900 because of BBM. That was it. I was using my SGIII and my iPhone 4S.
    More that I've got my z10 I'm back to BB almost full time.
    I use my SGIII and my iPhone when I want to load a pic to Instagram or even I need an app that's not available on my z10. If those apps came to bb10 I would be on my BB full time more that there is a modern BB that I can use.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-13 08:20 AM
    I've had a few phones before, but nothing really advanced until the Ericsson T-39m, showing off Bluetooth as the first phone to have it. I saw where that was going to go - but realized that Ericsson even with Sony would not go too far as the limits of J2ME on feature phones was becoming thin.

At about this time, I went to school for accounting in college but changed career paths as my many hours of posting on other forums, helping others and mainly searching for more solutions to communicate with my then girlfriend while I struggled working crap jobs away from home as our son was born. This led me to Tech Support Tier 2 T-Mobile USA, then slowly progressed to higher levels of IT.

In those earlier years at T-Mobile USA I realized just how powerful the BlackBerry was � 7290! How interconnected the device and service was with providers internationally. I knew then this company had a plan towards the future.

I realized, like many others, suddenly RIM was lost sight of its very definition, and purpose of that company's name - Research In Motion. Media (pictures, movies, and especially music) has been a big part of my life growing up � and I switched platforms the past 2.5yrs trying to get a good solid base of everything I needed and wanted in a phone today and with the ability to grow with my needs into the next year or two. I cannot tell you how expensive its been jumping back and forth, lol.

All in all, I kept coming back to BlackBerry! Frustrations with Android x4 pretty much sealed the deal I'd never use one again; side loading continues to prove this to me. iOS as a platform brought a LOT of greatness to mobile users, some applications are outstanding (one helps the blind walk independently in a forest); yet its limitations and slowness to execute tasks made me in-efficient. Bugs in other platforms, multiple nuances that drove me insane, my son needing a phone he can text with, helped keep me coming back to 'old faithful' (9780/9900). A major reason was because if anything DID go wrong I knew how to fix it, yet beyond that was the reliability, the dependability that things hardly EVER went wrong without me the user being the root cause.

The realization that I really loved BlackBerry was two fold. Seeing the BlackBerry World event with the PlayBook announced, and this slow migration to BYOD got me doing as much research as I can. The solid was seeing first hand how damaging financially BYOD was doing to a company that deployed iOS devices, and how non-productive BYOD became - how poorly solutions really where in practice after the tools/services where purchased on a yearly scale.

I did my research, I know from experience what RIM has under the table & up their sleeves, I know that the new mantra "Keep Moving" is just another way to tell us that BlackBerry's ideal focus is back "Research � In � Motion"! BlackBerry is a more efficient company, with unwavering focus, and such potential that its going to deliver on.

BlackBerry � a device that suits my needs and wants, and adjusts to ME the purpose of computing recognize me the user as KING, not the other way around!!
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-19-13 09:13 PM
    Simply put, I like BlackBerry products. Ever since my first BlackBerry ...the 8100 down thru 8110 ....9000 ....9800 ......9700 ....9780 .....9900 right up until now with my Z10 ......I've never been disappointed ....oh ...let me take that back ....I did not like the 9800 and gave it to my brother. I've been very lucky with my BlackBerry phones. No problems or issues. Now, I know that I'm not the power user that some of you are, but for my needs...both work and personal ....BlackBerry has always been reliable. I also use a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it's a great phone too, but I prefer my Z10. My problem is that I get bored so I switch devices every now and then. I find that I really miss my Z10 when I don't use it for a few days.
    05-19-13 09:40 PM
    I'm a loyal person to begin, but when I find a product that I really believe in, I'll stick with it forever, and recommend it to others too (if I think they would benefit from it too).

In high school, I had a phone for calls (RAZR then SLVR), and a Sidekick2 (then a 3) for text/web/email/AIM. I remember seeing the Pearl 8100 on display in a T-Mobile store, and thought, "Who would ever use a BlackBerry? They're not even fun. Plus with this little keyboard?" But every time I went to the mall, I stopped into the T-Mobile store to play with that Pearl, and I realized that some part of me liked it. So I upgraded my T-Mobile line for the Pearl, and used that for web/email/text/AIM. I used the SLVR and Pearl together for about 6 months or so, maybe longer, I forget.

My co-worker always brought in celebrity gossip magazines, and when it was slow, I'd give in and read that junk. I noticed in those paparazzi pictures that some people had this huge phone in their hand. It looked like my Pearl with the "chrome" plastic on the sides, but wider, and had a FULL KEYBOARD (the 8700g was always ugly to me, wasn't worth the full keyboard). I wanted to know more about it, since it seemed like everyone in those pictures had one. T-Mobile had the phone I was looking for, the 8800. I bought it as my at&t contract expired, and my T-Mobile 8800 was my first all-in-one smartphone. I was in HEAVEN. A huge keyboard, solid feel, great for texting my friends.

After my 8800, I got the 8820, a titanium Curve 8320, a gold Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Bold 9700, Bold 9000, a white Bold 9780, a black Bold 9780, a black Bold 9900, a white Bold 9900, and a Torch 9810. I bought the PlayBook and the Z10 the day it came out, and will buy a Q10 the day T-Mobile has it in their stores.

I never considered switching to another phone kind, because I still use my BlackBerry for the same things I did when I had my 8800...to text, email, make phone calls, and occasionally look at some stuff online. Now I use the Twitter app, and the weather too...but other than that, those are the only apps I need on my PHONE.

So for someone who only cared about the features I did (and still do), there is no better phone than a BlackBerry. I loved each new iteration to see a few new things. I was never looking for some jaw dropping feature, for games, for Siri, for movies on my phone, for my phone to play music. Each time I got a new BlackBerry (and that's a lot of times), I've just liked the newest keyboard and upgraded hardware, to make my texting/tweeting/calling/emailing easier.

With BlackBerry10, BlackBerry went ape sh1t with the messaging capabilities and just..blew the doors off the competition with the Hub and Peek functionality. For those that argue that it's not "intuitive," guess what: at first, nothing new to you is intuitive. You know what's definitely not intuitive? Double clicking a dinky little Home button, pressing on an icon for a second until all the apps jiggle, then having to tap a tiny red dot on an app icon's upper left corner to close it.

When it FINALLY came time for the U.S. to get the Z10, I was so used to the legacy devices, and very wary of not having a physical keyboard. I was not going to wait for the Q10, because if there's a new BlackBerry, I must have it. After a couple days with BlackBerry10, after 6 years of physical qwerty BlackBerrys, I was like, "Yep. This is it. This will be the platform I'll use until BlackBerry comes out with another."

BlackBerry has somehow found a way to stay true to itself, its image of professionalism and seriousness, (and to us, though I do want OS7 style notifications back ASAP), but also evolve into a platform with an operating system that is just as capable as the others (and I argue that it's just better all around).

Is BlackBerry10 missing Instagram and other big-in-the-U.S.-apps like Netflix, Candy Crush Saga, all major banking and finance apps, Pandora, Spotify, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, all Zynga titles, and almost all EA racing and other sports games? Yeah, it sure is. Should we have to settle for Android ports? No, but I appreciate that that's all we might be able to have now (I only use one, Ruzzle). The app situation has been talked about over and over, and the ball is in the developers' court, though I do hope BlackBerry is also at said court, cheerleading them, encouraging them to play ball and come get our money.

The bottom line is that people will be unsure if they should migrate to BlackBerry10 if BlackBerry doesn't offer the apps that they left BlackBerry for in the first place, however many months or years ago. BlackBerry10 is awesome for people like me, who could not care less about most apps on their phone, but want the best mobile experience in terms of messaging, web, and phone calls. I would be 100% satisfied with the app selection if the OS7 ones were available on BlackBerry10.

I will stick with BlackBerry forever, and I know lots of people on here will too. But we're not the ones they're trying to win over.

So BlackBerry, get those apps for our platform, put together a few commercials showing how cool the UI is (Time Shift, Keyboard, swipe gestures to close apps and switch apps) while showing a few of those big name app icons on the home screen, and then sit back and listen to the sound of people putting down their iPhones and Androids.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-19-13 11:55 PM
    One reason is simple for me I've always loved the look and feel of the traditional qwerty BlackBerry. This time I decided on the Z for my first full touchscreen

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:45 AM
    The title sounds a little like an advert for a toilet cleaner, I never stuck with them, I have only just joined BB for my phone needs, so far the Z10 is working well for me.
    05-20-13 07:12 PM
    Because the Blackberry devices perform specific tasks better than any other device. I've tried several Android devices, which are great in their own way, but as a communication device the Blackberry is superior, and the one I'm most comfortable using.
    05-20-13 07:22 PM
    My device history:
    Motorola V188 (first phone; feature phone)
    Samsung T619 (feature phone)
    BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230
    BlackBerry Torch 9810
    BlackBerry PlayBook
    BlackBerry Z10

The allure of BlackBerry devices appealed to first appealed to me in 2009 when my mom brought home a Curve 8330 from work. The first phone I got after playing with the first BlackBerry I ever encountered was a BlackBerry. Since then, I've grown to not only love the device, but also grow fond of the company behind the devices and the people who work at the company. I actually care whether RIM/BlackBerry succeeds and hope that it does.

I'm with BlackBerry because the company's beliefs in what a consumer desires in a device aligns incredibly closely with the kind of consumer I am. I don't use my phone for an extensive amount of media. What I need is a phone that I can depend upon to get me my emails, texts, phone calls, and social network communications at all times. I need something that allows me to do multiple things at once and makes application switching a breeze. The legacy OS afforded me this with excellent implementation of the Application Switcher, and BB10 takes this to the next level. I have access to whatever I need whenever I need it no matter what I'm doing, whether it's my inbox or another app.

I'm with BlackBerry because I truly believe that BlackBerry has the best OS on the market and the beliefs of the company align with my personal beliefs in what an OS should prioritize and what a device can and should be able to do.
    05-20-13 07:36 PM
    Nuff said....!
    The best ever mobile experience I've ever had is with the one and only blackberry with the iconic qwerty keyboard. I've used a mobile telephone device since the early 80's when thw mobile motorola 'brick' phone was launched! So all in all the best phones for me were always blackberry! Android nor ios has ever been good for me and I will NEVER use anything other than a blackberry again!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:16 PM
    Because I am in the Defense business and security is the only option. Besides I have little interest in candy crush.

Posted from my Z10
    05-20-13 09:15 PM
    I'm brand loyal. (been with bb since the vzw business launch of the 8830) and I also have a weak spot for the under dogs!!
    05-20-13 09:38 PM
44 12