I was cursed with a Motorola ROKR for 2 years with AT&T...then they were nice enough to offer me a FREE Pearl 8100 when my status became eligible for upgrade.
    I did some research and product testing first, but everything I found pointed to the Black Pearl as being the BEST device to suit my needs.
    I have not regretted the decision in the least.
    Except for the fact that I can't shoot video, there is nothing I'd change about my BB Pearl.
    04-26-08 10:28 AM
    First Blackberry (7100i) I bought for work (while it wasn't required to have a blackberry, and I didn't need it right away, I knew I'd use it a lot as time went on, and figured I'd get one now instead of upgrading later). I really liked it, but decided I wanted more features, so I got a Samsung U740. Great phone, but I really loved the Pearl, so I got that, but got rid of it after a month after deciding against paying for the data plan (couldn't justify having a BB without data).
    A Moto Q9m replaced the Pearl, but I wasn't particularly happy with it and had a lot of trouble with mine, so I switched to T-Mobile and got my Curve and have been loving it since!
    04-26-08 11:44 AM
    I needed a new phone. My old cell was just way behind the times. Plus I wanted to be able to check my personal email and get online both which are blocked by my employer.
    04-26-08 11:58 AM
    Being connected 24/7 works great for me. Blackberries work very well in both my jobs.

Gotta love a Berry
    04-26-08 12:09 PM
    My contract with Nextel was up, and the service was terrible in my area.

I always had those push to talk phones but I wanted something with email and web, so I don't miss a thing I've worked in IT for years and I know how reliable these beautiful things are, so I just had to get one, of Verizon Wireless only had the 8830 at the time so I may just jump to the 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 12:29 PM
    I had a disfunctional T-Mobile Wing and was told this was a much better phone.
    Same here & before that, i had a disfunctional T-Mobile MDA (didn't really learn my lesson w/the whole Windows Mobile thing). After wanting to squeeze my phone to death, i decided to go back to BlackBerry (had a 7100t back in the day). It was the best decision i ever made & i became a CrackBerry Addict once again!
    04-26-08 12:32 PM
    I had a Palm Centro but got a bit fed up with it's dysfunctional ways - freezing while on call....And decided to move on to a BB....Now cant live without my baby...
    04-26-08 01:33 PM
    Well, since it was free (refurb from AT&T deal) so I didn't have any reason not to try it out.. now I wish I hadn't.. cuz I'm hooked.
    04-26-08 01:59 PM
    I Bought my Blackberry because i needed something that was reliable, fast and easy to work with.

Previously had a T-Mobile dash so the basic layout (keyboard etc.) was easy but the keys are much nicer and somehow feels a lot better in the hand.

Speed was a plus too. Love the start up time of it. But i have only seen that once, don't ever turn my phone off anyway

Blackberry all the way. Screw Windows Mobile phones.
    04-26-08 06:58 PM
    I love all things tech related and I like the latest greatest (don't we all haha). My mom had an iphone, my sister had a pearl, and I had a samsung sync. I had to catch up with my fam and I've now put my self ahead with this amazing curve! Also it works with my microsoft exchange email!!!!

04-26-08 07:40 PM
    Cause I hate, hate, hate phone tag.. And in my buisness, being connected to your clientele, is essential. Most of my customers are professionals. With constant access to email. And when they need to schedule, or reschedule, or cancel, my blackberry is there.

And now that they have media capabilities, its even better. I LOVE my curve. And I HATE the Iphone. So there!
    04-26-08 10:17 PM
    To pickup hot BerryGirls, of course!

04-27-08 12:16 AM
    My cell got run over by the car (long story, fiance doesn't understand STOP!), and I went to get a new handset. I had to shell out full price, so I was looking at a good phone (since I had to pay full, I better make it good, right? It was going between the Krzr K1m and the Pearl. I went with the Krzr because I didn't think I would use the Pearl, and I didn't like candy bar form factors anymore.

Fast forward about 2 months, when a co worker came in with a Pearl, and I played with it. Realized I should have gone with my first instinct, went back to Bell and paid full MSRP again and got the BB like I should have. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Krzr, and it was a huge step up from the old phone, a Samsung A640.

Now, another co-worker had her toddler step on her fairly new phone and crack the screen and it wasn't covered so she bought the Krzr (I took a $50 hit on the cost in the end) and I am having a torrid affair with my little purple friend. I doubt I will ever get anything but a BB from now on, and the fiance now wants a Curve.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-27-08 at 01:19 AM.
    04-27-08 01:15 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD