Last week my Verizon store called me (I was on the waiting list) to see if I was still interested in the Storm. I confirmed I was and was able to sign up for an appt at 7am tomorrow. Also I was told they were getting 200 of them for Friday, so I was assured of getting one. They called today to tell me that they are not honoring the appt times anymore and they are only getting 25 and if I want one (and I do!) I better be there early. The service rep was very nice but would only say that there was a "warehouse glitch" as to why they aren't getting as many.

Does anyone know the real reason? She also said if I am not one of the first 25 I can have it shipped overnight to my home on Sat. If they can ship it overnight to me then why can't they have them in the stores for the public? This is my first BB and am quite excited for the Storm but wondering if this is a Verizon glitch or a BB glitch.

Thanks for all your help. I love reading this board for tips and hints.

JsGrandma
    11-20-08 09:22 PM
    11-20-08 09:24 PM
    Interesting............so the ones that will be in the stores have the issues corrected with the security flaws as well as the ones that they have to ship overnight?

I'm also hoping since I am a new BB user I will find it easy to sync to my gmail and google calendar. That is one of the foremost reasons I wanted a BB instead of having to enter each event by hand into the phone. I could use Outlook calendar but much prefer my google one.

JsGrandma
    11-20-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD