So i've been reading a lot of comments on the forums as of late many people stating that the BB OS7 wont last long/it would be a waste to get it/ might as well wait until QNX comes out. Same thing about developers, people are mentioning that developers wont want to make apps on OS7 because they would prefer to make them on QNX.

Couple of things:
    The new device(s) that are coming out with OS7 are a HUGE step forward for RIM in terms of specs, OS and everything else on the side. OS 5 to OS 6 were mainly icons and browser changes(to name a few), and imo while those are nice changes they arent anything spectacular for what RIM should be providing in new OS's

That being said, many people have jumped ship from RIM because of their lack of upgrades and falling behind in comparison to Andriod and iOS. However, i know of many that still miss and yearn for the BB that they once had and only wish it could be on the same playing field as their new Andriod/iOS.
    With the new very impressive and long awaited changes in OS7 and devices, many people are wanting to come back to RIM.

Lets use the example of the new Bold 9900 (since its confirmed). Users that have new devices aside from BB or even current BB users would definitely be interested in getting the Bold. So, there gunna go and buy it when it comes out. Bang, prob about $199, in a 2/3 year contract and there happy. That's 2-3 years where there gunna have to make they phone last. Of course there are exceptions for those with lots of extra cash around or who are tech freaks who willing to drop many hundreds to buy no-contract price and/or buy QNX as soon as it comes out, but lets look at the majority here.
    Yes there are rumors that QNX is coming in 2012, but realistically who is willing to wait THAT long for a new device when the BBOS7 ones are looking so amazing?

Point is, BBOS7 devices are going to be in much more demand and last a lot longer in the market than it is perceived imo even with QNX coming up. Who knows how stable, when exactly its going to come out, and even what type of BB devices its going to be able to run on?
    Put more faith in OS7 and its devices, RIM has really pulled through imo and i have high hopes for them.
    05-08-11 11:19 PM
    Though some may curse their team in a 'rebuilding year' it is a phenomenon that folks will get critical and say they suck until they produce.

RIM is rebuilding a team, in many ways, from the ground up. Their pitchers 'arms' are toast, their outfielders need glasses and new gloves. The catcher can't find the ball with both hands and a seeing-eye dog. The coach has been drinking heavily, and the announcers are revolting. (and they're ugly, too).

But, the game goes on. Some of the fans are 'fair weather' types. Some are bandwagon riders, getting on only when things are hot. Others throw rotten fruit.

But along the line, there are die-hards. They know their team can be great, even when the season sucks. It's a rebuilding year, with some hopeful prospects in the farm teams. Meanwhile, let's get some free agents in the park and muddle through til the new player are ready.

At least the beer is good....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rick0415 likes this.
    05-09-11 12:25 AM
    I suspect that a lot of folks who currently have 83xx, 9000, 95xx, and 9630 devices will upgrade to the OS7 devices.

I also think many folks who have 97xx, 9650, 9670, and 9800 devices will skip the OS7 devices and wait for QNX.
    Machzy likes this.
    05-09-11 12:56 AM
    I suspect that a lot of folks who currently have 83xx, 9000, 95xx, and 9630 devices will upgrade to the OS7 devices.

I also think many folks who have 97xx, 9650, 9670, and 9800 devices will skip the OS7 devices and wait for QNX.
    that's my plan
    05-09-11 07:19 AM
    If I had a better feel for when I will see a QNX device, I might wait. But I have my last NE2 that will expire in november. I feel like I ought to use that, rather than waste it. I suspect that I might be a year+ into my 2 year contract when the QNX phones come out. That's not too long to wait to let those mature a bit and weed out the kinks......
    05-09-11 08:06 AM
    Though some may curse their team in a 'rebuilding year' it is a phenomenon that folks will get critical and say they suck until they produce.

RIM is rebuilding a team, in many ways, from the ground up. Their pitchers 'arms' are toast, their outfielders need glasses and new gloves. The catcher can't find the ball with both hands and a seeing-eye dog. The coach has been drinking heavily, and the announcers are revolting. (and they're ugly, too).

But, the game goes on. Some of the fans are 'fair weather' types. Some are bandwagon riders, getting on only when things are hot. Others throw rotten fruit.

But along the line, there are die-hards. They know their team can be great, even when the season sucks. It's a rebuilding year, with some hopeful prospects in the farm teams. Meanwhile, let's get some free agents in the park and muddle through til the new player are ready.

At least the beer is good....

I don't think their slump is that bad. They are just a couple of good pitchers away from the championship. They do have a couple of rookies that are coming up from the minors that will help, even with the coach drinking a lot.

And yes, at least the beer is good.

Last edited by middbrew; 05-09-11 at 09:14 AM.
    05-09-11 09:09 AM
    Yes, the infielders are playing well. That is a heavy core to a potentially great team. The pitching should come with the additional processing power. The catcher is the OS, the captain that can help a good pitcher be great.

Apparently, the coach is backing off of the booze. The fans arw getting his attention.

The game looks to get better.

But the announcers are still revolting. But what do you expect from media types?

05-09-11 11:39 AM
    Aside from many player errors (Storm1) and a few RBI's (9650 & 9780) I am hopeful the 99xx series will be the beginning of a comeback rally! See what you started BK. Funny!

Last edited by albee 1; 05-09-11 at 02:26 PM.
    05-09-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD