... Why Blackberry over iphone?
    06-22-11 01:33 PM
    Keyboard better messaging decvice and bbm. And its not apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 01:36 PM
    Simple, an iPhone is optimized for entertainment, BlackBerry has been optimized for communications.

If you depend on communications to earn a living, choose a BlackBerry.
    06-22-11 01:37 PM
    to add to that... personal preference
    06-22-11 01:38 PM
    Personal preference. I like the physical keyboard better, the messaging from notifications, emails, bbm, texting, etc. Also every BB I ever used had a really good battery life, cant say the same about the iPhone...
    06-22-11 01:45 PM
    Keyboard; BBM; Email; the BBM Logo is better than the apple's logo too!
    Ferretling and thecoach1999 like this.
    06-22-11 01:59 PM
    oh yeah, i also like using my thumb to scroll through emails, ext, dont ask.
    06-22-11 02:01 PM
    Not being locked to Apple...

Hamp, Bobcat665 and mdjones21 like this.
    06-22-11 02:48 PM
    As said above, if it is for entertainment get an iphone. I also like the keyboard on the BB. I had an iphone 3gs but then got a torch. The 3gs is a great phone but I like using a keyboard. Far more and better apps on the iphone.

06-22-11 02:55 PM
    Why do people hate Apple/RIM so much? I have plenty space in my life for both RIM and Apple. No brand loyalty here by me... I use what is best for me at the moment and I don't care who makes it.
    06-22-11 02:58 PM
    As some already stated it's all about personal preference. I agree with Reed
    "Simple, an iPhone is optimized for entertainment, BlackBerry has been optimized for communications.

If you depend on communications to earn a living, choose a BlackBerry. "
    I've tried an iphone for awhile and it was fun for entertainment. Hands down iPhone rules over BB for entertainment. I've tried to adapt to the touchscreen when sending out work emails, but IMO it was just cumbersome. QKB is what does it for me when it comes typing hands down.

Alot of consumers just doesn't do their own due diligence of what will suit them. Instead they follow what's trendy.
    06-22-11 03:19 PM
    the keyboard was the deciding factor for me, then after using it, the battery life, the multiple emails acciunts, bes, bbm, the data compression, os6, drm free music.

after using a playbook for almost two months i can say that i prefer keyboards to touchscreen, i hate having to look at what i type.

the upcoming os7 and later qnx, higher specs are showing that rim is improving their phknes in the right direction
    06-22-11 03:29 PM
    I also like the free data sharing on my BB without paying an extra monthly fee when I tether it to my laptop via Tether app and Bridge it to my tablet, the Playbook.

Very practical and cost effective for me, I refuse to buy an air card for the laptop, buy a separate 3G plan for a tablet or "jailbreak" or "root" a phone just to circumvent these extra costs. My BB Torch does it all without tampering with the phone, all while having a pretty solid QWERTY keyboard, strong battery life, and a respectable browser (great browser by BB standards)

Sorry, but I have not figured out how to do those things on other phones without risking voiding the warranty or potentially damaging the phones...
    06-22-11 03:32 PM
    simple for me blackberry has keyboard ,great for communication ,ability to personalize phone and most important i like my bb. i don't do touch screen.
    06-22-11 03:50 PM
    definitely personal preference. i am beginning to see what apple has envisioned, and i like what i'm seeing. however, i dont think the execution is solid enough for me to swtich. RIM is my comfort zone and my needs are perfectly met by them.
    06-22-11 05:34 PM
    For me I love blackberry Because..
    Yea Blackberry still working around the low Network Coverage Because They has Own Server, I have my iphone, then when The signal Coverage getting low I cant send any msg, or even tweeting by iphone,

Simple Qwerty, Physic keyboard is always Great..

Free text like BBM, We dont have it for iphone

few email account, so I can Joined in any mailing list
    06-22-11 06:07 PM
    Why do people hate Apple/RIM so much? I have plenty space in my life for both RIM and Apple. No brand loyalty here by me... I use what is best for me at the moment and I don't care who makes it.
    I have been saying this for years. I believe closed mindedness and lack of maturity play a role in blind brand loyalty. "Iphones sucks!" "Okay why does they suck?" "Because!" "Have you ever used an iphone?" "No!" "WTF!" Same goes with iphone users who have never used a blackberry. These are opinions (IMO) mostly based on what they read and what other people tell them. And i apologize in advance for poor my use of proper punctuation.
    06-23-11 10:39 AM
    Simple Qwerty, Physic keyboard is always Great..

Free text like BBM, We dont have it for iphone

few email account, so I can Joined in any mailing list
    Agree on the keyboard. BBM not so much, all my friends have iPhones.
    06-23-11 11:07 AM
    I think apple makes good products, they're just not for me. Too many people at my job with a leased bmw and the latest iphone. I don't want to blend in with that crowd.
    sg8330 likes this.
    06-23-11 12:30 PM
    I don't get the 'entertainment = iPhone' and 'business/communication = blackberry' thing. You can do both on both devices.

I do agree with the fact that it comes down to personal preference. For me it comes down to what I want/need at the moment. At this moment I have an iPhone 4. I wouldn't go back to any of the blackberries out right now. I might try the bold touch if it comes to VZW. But as of what's out right now I like the iPhone 4. I use it for work and personal use.

K Bear likes this.
    06-23-11 12:31 PM
    I don't get the 'entertainment = iPhone' and 'business/communication = blackberry' thing. You can do both on both devices.
    It's a myth that has gained some ground here for some reason. Maybe BES users may have an argument there, but as a consumer user on BIS I don't get it either save for the keyboard preference (not relevant for the non keyboard BB's).
    06-23-11 12:58 PM
    It's a myth that has gained some ground here for some reason. Maybe BES users may have an argument there, but as a consumer user on BIS I don't get it either save for the keyboard preference (not relevant for the non keyboard BB's).
    I don't understand the appeal of a non-keyboard BB. May as well just get the iPhone.
    06-23-11 01:00 PM
    Yea, I agree if it was between the BB Storm models or say an iPhone or some other good touch screen Android phones, not sure what is so great about the Storm?

Real BB's have physical keyboards, IMO. The Storm just isn't able to beat the iPhone at its own game...
    06-23-11 04:12 PM

I do agree with the fact that it comes down to personal preference. For me it comes down to what I want/need at the moment. At this moment I have an iPhone 4. I wouldn't go back to any of the blackberries out right now. I might try the bold touch if it comes to VZW. But as of what's out right now I like the iPhone 4. I use it for work and personal use.

You're right, total myth. I had an iphone 3G and switched to a Storm 2 about 18 months ago. This thing barely even qualifies as a communications device anymore. I have to cup my hand over my mouth so people can hear what I say. The last OTA update I received created a lag while typing SMS messages that make it at times unbearable to even text. And I have no faith in the phone during an emergency - the phone has a tendency to freeze and need a battery pull when used in a panic. With a 7 minute reboot time, it could be literally life or death.

Last edited by j-10; 06-23-11 at 04:51 PM.
    06-23-11 04:47 PM
    And current BlackBerry BES users won't have that argument soon as BES will be compatible with iOS.

The iPhone does messaging & other communications just fine. And it does some other things better. It all comes down to preference and which device works best for YOU.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    06-23-11 05:15 PM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD