Did the typo move any significant amount of units before BlackBerry shut them down?
    Might not be much proof of anything.
    10-31-15 06:14 PM
    BlackBerry has been burning cash since the end of the bb7 era.

They need to generate more revenue before they can start splurging.

Bb10 all touches won't sell well unless they manage to add the option of google play services.

Chen has said the overall goal is to merge bb10 and android so hopefully that isn't too far away.

Ideally updating the bb10 android runtime from 4.3 to 6.0 and adding the option of google play services will be the best outcome. But it's more complicated than it sounds.

Theres also some good android features BlackBerry can add to bb10. The multitasking screen becomes a bit empty on bigger devices so i'd really like to have seperate active frames dedicated to the hub, text messages, and certain email filters (I don't want that feature on the q10 or classic though)

Am. currently happy with their choice to adopt android just so long as bb10's strengths are not lost and I don't have to blow $30,000 converting our app to android.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:59 PM
    What I find is interesting is that Apple is slowly adding features to make typing on glass closer to a pkb. Like force touch.

You know I am starting to really like typing with a pkb with my Passport SE, something I wasn't sure about when I bought the phone. I am getting quicker and it does not give me a headache like typing on glass.

So it will be interesting to me to see how the phone does.

 Passport SE 
    10-31-15 06:59 PM
    What I find is interesting is that Apple is slowly adding features to make typing on glass closer to a pkb. Like force touch.

You know I am starting to really like typing with a pkb with my Passport SE, something I wasn't sure about when I bought the phone. I am getting quicker and it does not give me a headache like typing on glass.

So it will be interesting to me to see how the phone does.

 Passport SE 
    My first pkb device I ever owned was a Curve 9300 it opened my eyes as to how fantastic using one could be I then went on to upgrade to a Torch had both the 9800 and 9810. I could literally type blindfolded with zero spelling mistakes lol the Passport was my last BB10 device before I switched to an S6 edge due to the app gap becoming too burdensome to overcome for myself. And let's just say capacitance keyboards are the future!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-31-15 09:05 PM
    No, that's not how it works. If I don't want to use the slider, my credit card stays in my purse. How is that so difficult to comprehend?????
    Apparently it is. I keep hearing "just don't use it" when it's as clear as the sun that the pkb is a main feature of the phone and makes the phone cost at least $200 more, and I'm being told not to use it, when my main argument is how it shouldn't be there for those that...Don't. Want. It.
    I hope this clears it up.
    lift likes this.
    10-31-15 10:01 PM
    Why is it an issue to understand that some potential customers don't want to buy a slider?

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Why is it an issue to understand BlackBerry doesn't want to drop the PKB? Aren't you technically being as stubborn as Chen?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:28 PM
    By going with android, he's clearly showing interest in the consumer market, with android giving access to all the apps. However, besides the Leap which was a flop based on hardware sales, BlackBerry refuses to release an all-touch (No physical keyboard whatsoever) phone. Wouldn't the Priv be the ideal phone to release as an all-touch? In terms of specs, it's up there with the rest of the market, but with a physical keyboard and an ancient slide design, I personally don't find it attractive from a consumers' perspective.

So I beg for an explanation, what's BlackBerry thought process? Why isn't the Priv being released in an all-touch version as well? Isn't it cheaper to make? Would consumers not like it?
    My opinion:
    It's not the "phone" that we interact with, it's the OS and the applications that perform within it.
    OS10 functionality, from the outset was stripped down compared to the Bold 9900 phones and OS7 in general.
    And while BlackBerry made improvements on OS10, they never brought it to its full capabilities or matched the maturity of OS7.
    You don't debut against well developed operating systems like iOS and Android with something skimpy and stripped of previous functionality, very buggy and succeed against them.
    And that's what BlackBerry did with OS10, which was their biggest mistake.
    There were less apps, as developers either had to wait on BlackBerry to get the keys for development or bailed on them.
    Returns outpaced sales of the Z10 as did sales of legacy phones (forcing them to take a huge write down on the Z10).
    A mature OS kicks *** and takes names in everything.
    Even the camera was never upgraded beyond mediocre.
    And they still don't get it.
    Chen said that the missing tool belt was the biggest complaint he heard from BlackBerry users. He said that as though that was one of the missing keys.
    Do you see it on the Priv?
    What good is the tool belt if the OS lacks the capabilities? The track pad doesn't even have a back light like the legacy phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-01-15 at 01:08 AM.
    11-01-15 12:47 AM
    He's not being stubborn, he's being sensible

Posted via CB10
    skibnik likes this.
    11-01-15 08:37 AM
    Apparently it is. I keep hearing "just don't use it" when it's as clear as the sun that the pkb is a main feature of the phone and makes the phone cost at least $200 more, and I'm being told not to use it, when my main argument is how it shouldn't be there for those that...Don't. Want. It.
    I hope this clears it up.
    Blackberry is the only device maker that adds a software pin on all of its devices chip sets, its an expensive process and the main reason Blackberry is the only device maker who does this. People on these forums were always complaining about Blackberry never releasing a high speced beast of a BB10 device well now we have the answer as to why it was not done. Those same whiners would be moaning why Blackberry wants to charge $1000.00 + CAD for a BB10 device etc. It seems Blackberry can't win no matter what they do. lol
    Blackberry is known for two things their commitment to security and their physical keyboards, the Priv is the culmination of both of these strengths that makes no compromises. Question is would you buy a completely stock Blackberry Android device with no security enhancements and no pkb to keep the price down? What would differentiate it from any other Android device out there?

BlackBerry highlights how security is embedded in their hardware | CrackBerry.com
    Here's how BlackBerry secured Android on the Priv | CrackBerry.com
    11-01-15 03:59 PM
84 ... 234