I've always wondered why we can't have two different wallpapers on the lockscreen and homescreen BB10? I mean it can't be that big of a deal to have them be separate. I like having a picture of my wife and kids on the lock screen but I'd like to just have a plain dark wallpaper on my home screen because the icons get messy looking if the picture I'm using is too busy. Is there a way to have separate wallpapers? If not can it really be a big deal to make them separate? Just curious as I'm pretty sure every other platform offers this. Not a huge deal but it would be something I would think would make sense to most people.
    02-18-14 11:29 AM
    There was a way to do it. Something about a setting in parental controls or something.

I use the app Wallpaper Changer HD by Shao in BB World, which has the feature to let you set two different wallpapers.
    02-18-14 11:34 AM
    There was a way to do it. Something about a setting in parental controls or something.

I use the app Wallpaper Changer HD by Shao in BB World, which has the feature to let you set two different wallpapers.
    Thank you so much, I'll check it out.
    02-18-14 11:35 AM
    I feel BB10 definitely could use more customization options like this. It couldn't hurt

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 02-18-14 at 12:48 PM.
    02-18-14 11:43 AM
    If you turn on parental control you can have two separate ones. If you want your family pic on your lock screen set that up as your background before turning on your parental control.
    bennelong likes this.
    02-18-14 11:54 AM

It is 50% off right now too!

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-18-14 11:57 AM
    I feel BB19 definitely could use more customization options like this. It couldn't hurt
    Yeh, it'll probably be BB19 before we get them too...
    02-18-14 12:03 PM
    Curious: How many are sitting looking at their background?? It's filled of app shortcuts and does nothing good - except from wasting battery
    02-18-14 12:14 PM
    Curious: How many are sitting looking at their background?? It's filled of app shortcuts and does nothing good - except from wasting battery
    Not the way I set up my phone, in my opinion.

Why can't we have two separate wallpapers?-img_20140218_132647.png
    Why can't we have two separate wallpapers?-img_20140218_132850.png
    Why can't we have two separate wallpapers?-img_20140218_132857.png

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Spencerdl and velkod like this.
    02-18-14 12:30 PM
    Why not enable the Picture Password feature and set your family as your Password Wallpaper and set your dark wallpaper as your home screen.
    LoganSix likes this.
    02-18-14 12:47 PM
    That really isn't the point. It's a pretty simple customization feature that every platform out there has.
    02-18-14 01:51 PM
    Some people might want a picture of their family or Rottweiler on their lock screen and a black homescreen.
    I forget the method, but it's done (or undone) via Parental Controls.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-18-14 02:01 PM
    Because you only need one wallpaper. The swipe up to unlock is made so that when you peek to unlock, it's the same as the wallpaper underneath. This has nothing to do with "customization". It's purely for uniformity, cohesiveness, and purpose.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:16 PM
    I forgot it didnt have this. Having a different lock screen pic would ruin the swipe up animation.
    02-18-14 10:00 PM
    I've always wondered why we can't have two different wallpapers on the lockscreen and homescreen BB10? I mean it can't be that big of a deal to have them be separate. I like having a picture of my wife and kids on the lock screen but I'd like to just have a plain dark wallpaper on my home screen because the icons get messy looking if the picture I'm using is too busy. Is there a way to have separate wallpapers? If not can it really be a big deal to make them separate? Just curious as I'm pretty sure every other platform offers this. Not a huge deal but it would be something I would think would make sense to most people.
    There's an app for it, lockpix by aerize

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:41 AM
    I have tried what 'nuff_said' suggested and it works for me
    Posted viaB10 on a Z10
    Last edited by bennelong; 02-19-14 at 02:26 AM.
    02-19-14 02:14 AM
    If you turn on parental control you can have two separate ones. If you want your family pic on your lock screen set that up as your background before turning on your parental control.
    ^^^ This is absolutely correct. ^^^^

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-19-14 02:22 AM
    Here's a step by step for you:
    With Parental Controls disabled, select your Family pic as a Background image. This will also appear as your lock screen.
    Then turn on Parental Controls. When Parental Controls is enabled you have to open an image from within your gallery and then from the options set it as your wallpaper. The lock screen set prior to enabling Parental Controls remains as previously set.
    Not sure how or why it works this way, but thanks to nuff_said, I at least understand the process involved in making it work now.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-19-14 02:52 AM
    Live wallpaper and scrollable wallpaper options were a nice touch on android, not a deal breaker but a nice option none the less to add some life to the phone
    02-19-14 03:01 AM
    Here's a step by step for you:
    With Parental Controls disabled, select your Family pic as a Background image. This will also appear as your lock screen.
    Then turn on Parental Controls. When Parental Controls is enabled you have to open an image from within your gallery and then from the options set it as your wallpaper. The lock screen set prior to enabling Parental Controls remains as previously set.
    Not sure how or why it works this way, but thanks to nuff_said, I at least understand the process involved in making it work now.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Is there any disadvantage in enabling Parental Controls? I understand that Parental Controls involve a lot of options that you can turn on/off. Which ones do I have to turn on?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-19-14 03:07 AM
    There's an app for it, lockpix by aerize

Posted via CB10
    This^

Posted via BBCBZ10
    02-19-14 03:09 AM
    Is there any disadvantage in enabling Parental Controls? I understand that Parental Controls involve a lot of options that you can turn on/off. Which ones do I have to turn on?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    I think you can enable Parental Controls ok without applying any rules.
    When you get in there it's pretty self explanatory though.
    Using the Parental Controls technique to set a personalised lock screen does away with the need
    to install an application.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-19-14 03:20 AM
    I think you can enable Parental Controls ok without applying any rules.
    When you get in there it's pretty self explanatory though.
    Using the Parental Controls technique to set a personalised lock screen does away with the need
    to install an application.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Well, I just took the jump. It reverts my icon organization, but I suppose that's minor.

If I want to change the lock screen wallpaper again, do I have to turn off parental, change wallpaper, turn on parental again? Does turning on parental revert the icon organization every time?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-19-14 04:16 AM
    Well, I just took the jump. It reverts my icon organization, but I suppose that's minor.

If I want to change the lock screen wallpaper again, do I have to turn off parental, change wallpaper, turn on parental again? Does turning on parental revert the icon organization every time?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Yes to -" turn off parental, change wallpaper, turn on parental again" for setting a wallpaper as a lock screen.
    I have the problem where turning 'off' Parental Controls undoes any folders or icon arrangements I've made.
    I created my folder and organised the icons while Parental Controls were on.
    Turning it off undoes this organisation and turning it back on will bring it back to how it was set with Parental Controls on.

Edit: I see no harm in leaving Parental Controls on.
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    02-19-14 04:33 AM
    Actually we have two wallpapers, one on home screen and the other on locked picture screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:08 AM
29 12