hey guys,

I just swiched from a palm pre to a BB Tour for sprint.. and so far everything works great... the only problem is that i dont get texts from my gf (she has t-mobile) and now she thinks im ignoring her lol.... any way we can fix this problem? thanks guys!
    12-14-09 10:27 PM
    Is she getting texts from you? Can you send and receive email? Is it just her, or all T-Mobile users that are having problems?
    12-14-09 10:45 PM
    and i just found out that my mom cant reply ethier... she has att...

they can read and recieve mine... but i cant recieve theirs.... i have sprint... they have att and t-mo

i havent tried sending emails...

and all the people that i know that have sprint and bbm can recive just fine,,,

thanks for the reply!!!
    12-14-09 11:06 PM
    Are they sending long text messages? Longer than 160 characters? If so, have then send a short one and see if that goes through. Are they sending pure text messages, or are they trying to send picture texts, which use a different transport mechanism?
    12-14-09 11:10 PM
    nope,

just sending hi, text .... short texts...
    12-14-09 11:16 PM
    im doing a hard reset now to see if that fixes the problem...
    12-14-09 11:16 PM
    This use to happen to me when I had VZW,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:08 AM
    You might have to pick up the phone and call Sprint, if you are not getting any SMS from ATT and T-Mobile it sounds like it is something on Sprint's end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 07:44 AM
    Had the same problem. I'm with AT&T, my friend has Verizon. I receive her texts, but she doesn't receive mine. Apparently Verizon has to enable texts from AT&T. They put in a trouble ticket.
    12-15-09 08:43 AM
    ok guys, thanks so much for the help....

so what i did was a hard reset... the i programed the phone manually.... all of a sudden i got alllll the text they were sending me ...then i used blackberry desktop to restore all of my contacts...

i guess when the phone did the self programing... it screwed something up... but got it to work! thanks again guys
    12-15-09 11:45 AM
    I know you have the probelm resolved but just out of curiosity, did you switch from
    another carrier to Sprint? Usually when you do that and port your same number to
    the new carrier it takes a few hours for other carriers to recognize the change. So
    therefore you don't receive their texts for a few hours.
    12-15-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD