Hello all -

After suffering through 6 months with a Windows Mobile device, I'm back to Blackberry!

I am using BIS to connect (via IMAP) to my email which is hosted with Google Apps. I bypassed the automatic GMail push support due to the "problem" of sent messages coming back to my Inbox.... NOTE: real time delivery isn't a huge priority for me. The IMAP delay is fine...

Everything with the IMAP configuration works, except I can't email myself from the Blackberry. I can email other addresses just fine and inbound mail from other domain works fine. I can email email myself from my laptop, and it shows up on Blackberry - but if I email myself from Blackberry - it just vanishes.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thanks
    Andy
    07-22-08 12:44 PM
    One question: why use Google mail? I find POP accounts work fine. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal about google, I have a googlr account so I'm sharing my experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 12:55 PM
    One question: why use Google mail? I find POP accounts work fine. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal about google, I have a googlr account so I'm sharing my experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    With pop accounts, you lose your email if whatever you checked your email on crashes. Also Gmail has 6gb of space. You can use Gmail as a pop, but I would recommend using it as an IMAP.
    07-22-08 12:58 PM
    I am using BIS to connect (via IMAP) to my email which is hosted with Google Apps. I bypassed the automatic GMail push support due to the "problem" of sent messages coming back to my Inbox
    You do realize that you can fix this "problem" by logging into your carrier's BIS website and creating a rule to keep these messages from getting delivered to your BB, right?
    07-22-08 01:15 PM
    With pop accounts, you lose your email if whatever you checked your email on crashes.
    Not if you elect to keep a copy on the server. Your inbox fills up faster this way, but at least you don't have to worry about losing your emails.
    07-22-08 01:17 PM
    I use GMail as a POP account and have it in BIS

I just added the account, as normal... and it works fine! Only thing I did was add the filter so email from me does not get pushed to my Curve (changed on my BIS site). This way, the sent reports are not received on my device

You can configure your GMail how you want... check out these links :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...map-fix-26986/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ut-imap-29721/

Choose the method that suits your needs. I cannot received email from myself either. So I just send it as another one of my accounts... and it works fine
    07-22-08 01:24 PM
    You do realize that you can fix this "problem" by logging into your carrier's BIS website and creating a rule to keep these messages from getting delivered to your BB, right?
    I do. I would prefer to have the ability to email myself (I know - it sounds silly, but I use it for "reminders").

Thanks -
    Andy
    07-22-08 01:36 PM
    I cannot received email from myself either. So I just send it as another one of my accounts... and it works fine
    Ok - so it sounds like this isn't a configuration issue on my end - rather "by design"

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by andyrosen; 07-22-08 at 01:42 PM.
    07-22-08 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";