I thought my phone was a Q10, but by the pictures, maybe it is a Q5. Recently, I have not been able to dial out or receive calls on my phone. If someone does call, it goes to voicemail, but when I try to dial in to get my messages, I get this message: Cell Failure. The cellular phone line is not available. Choose a different phone line and try your call again. If I try to use the Bluetooth in my vehicle, it will go through all of the prompts, says it is calling, and then says the information is unavailable. I've had this phone a couple of years but it's probably only in the last year that this has been an ongoing issue. Can anyone help?
    04-07-16 06:06 PM
    Start simple.
    See if a hard reboot corrects anything...hold power button down for about 20 seconds until red LED flashes and boot logo reappears.

In Settings check your Notifications...make sure Active Profile is Normal.

Use BlackBerry Virtual Expert to troubleshoot your device. If you don't have it on phone it can be downloaded from BlackBerry world.

In light of the multiple issues this could be entirely software related so make sure your phones OS is up to date or try and reload it with BlackBerry Link on your computer.

Good luck.
    04-07-16 06:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Did a reboot. No success. Now the phone shows up with unknown error in the top right hand corner. I've had this multiple times since I have purchased my phone. When this happens, the phone will often just shut off whenever it feels like it. Cannot play any of the games. And most definitely, the phone won't work to dial out.

Active Profile is set to Normal.

Software is up-to-date. Haven't tried reloading yet. Need my husband's help with the Virtual Expert. From what I'm seeing so far, it's saying there is no SIM card there, but I have a SIM card in the phone. That's as far as I got. Will keep you posted if these last two work.
    04-07-16 09:01 PM
    Try the SIM card in another phone to see if it is the problem, in rare cases SIM cards fail ( happen to my Wife) .
    Lusitano17 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-07-16 09:10 PM
    I think Da Dogg is bang on...sim card could very well be the problem.

You can use BBVE to test if it's recognized but as suggested it's often easier just to try a different sim in your phone or try yours in another...provided you have same carrier.
    04-07-16 10:20 PM
    Went to 2 different places and neither one was willing to replace the SIM card. Said my phone was shot and I needed a new one. Hmm, are they saying that just to get me to buy a new phone? I'll see if my husband will let me try his SIM card.
    04-13-16 08:55 PM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. Appreciate the help. Looks like I'm going to be buying a new phone.
    04-14-16 03:40 PM
    Try the Sim card from your husbands phone if it is the same size. It really sounds like your Sim card is faulty. You can also remove it and try and clean it with an old style pink eraser.

Posted from my Priv
    04-14-16 06:29 PM
    My husband's SIM card was too big. Went to another store and asked them. They also wouldn't sell me a SIM card. Not worth the hassle anymore. Bought an Android. Appreciate all the feedback though. You guys have been great.
    04-24-16 03:50 PM
    SIM card cutter / puncher? No one available in store? My phone store does it for me.

That would have been at least worth a try. Please bless a person with the old one... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-24-16 10:18 PM
    my husbands BlackBerry Passport has the same issue. Only that we have the same SIM card size so I can tell it does work in my BlackBerry Classic! He is unable to make or receive any calls since he updated facebook app lately. I have just updated now facebook and I've lost all my fb contacts and hub notifications and I have no clue how to get them back?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 10:31 PM
    my husbands BlackBerry Passport has the same issue. Only that we have the same SIM card size so I can tell it does work in my BlackBerry Classic! He is unable to make or receive any calls since he updated facebook app lately. I have just updated now facebook and I've lost all my fb contacts and hub notifications and I have no clue how to get them back?

Posted via CB10
    Basically you're using the Facebook web page now, instead of a dedicated app. Facebook contacts don't sync as the "app" is now a simple web link...

Hope that helps... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-26-16 02:18 AM
    I thought my phone was a Q10, but by the pictures, maybe it is a Q5. Recently, I have not been able to dial out or receive calls on my phone. If someone does call, it goes to voicemail, but when I try to dial in to get my messages, I get this message: Cell Failure. The cellular phone line is not available. Choose a different phone line and try your call again. If I try to use the Bluetooth in my vehicle, it will go through all of the prompts, says it is calling, and then says the information is unavailable. I've had this phone a couple of years but it's probably only in the last year that this has been an ongoing issue. Can anyone help?
    had the same issue with my Blackberry Classic, I tried many ways to fix it but none of them didn't work. So I was about to hard reset it but before that I tried one more time which was successful. Go to settings, about phone-> network-> resync wait for it to resync then go back to settings-> network and management-> mobile network-> settings-> apn-> reset settings. It will be fixed. It fixed mine. Or just restart after doing this it will work.
    09-01-20 04:21 AM