Ok so I have 3 phones, a HTC ONE, a SGS3 and this Q10. Not a single one of them is compatible to nfc pictures or contacts to each other at all. I can transfer the file but have nothing to open it on my Q10 and the other 2 don't even pick up that I'm sending anything to them.

These 3 big name companies seem to not even care either, they know it's works from phone to phone on the same brand. My HTC doesn't play nice with a lot of computers and sync is a pain in the *** but atleast they sucked it up with apple and made sync finally work with itunes.

Things could be so much better if they just put aside there differences and worked together, not to make a phone together but atleast to make them all work with eachother stock not with apps.

CbQ10
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-09-13 01:04 AM
    This probably has to do with the Android version. I managed to transfer a picture between my Z10 and GS4 without any problems.
    Windows phone 8 (N920) on the other hand didn't work!
    05-09-13 01:16 AM
    I can transfer Web page links via NFC between my Z10 and my Nexus 7, but large files like pictures won't transfer.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-09-13 01:21 AM
    Is there a NFC standard observation way of doing things or is it beyond NFC and an issue with each phones OS.
    05-09-13 05:39 PM
    Good observation, OP. For years, Microsoft-controlled computers and Mac OS controlled computers could not communicate without doing cheetah-flips. After many years, the platforms can now communicate with each other and share information.

Some day, smart phones may also get there.
    05-09-13 09:15 PM
    Ok so I have 3 phones, a HTC ONE, a SGS3 and this Q10. Not a single one of them is compatible to nfc pictures or contacts to each other at all. I can transfer the file but have nothing to open it on my Q10 and the other 2 don't even pick up that I'm sending anything to them.

CbQ10
    Well, I'm at work at the moment. Yesterday and today I attempted to send files from BB10 devices to a GS3 and it worked flawlessly..are you sure you were doing it correctly?
    05-10-13 02:58 AM
    Just updated my Z10 OS to the leaked 10.1.0.1762 OS and the NFC works OK now between my Z10 and my Nexus 7 when transferring picture data. Previously it wasn't allowing it. So hopefully when we all get 10.1 via our carriers then NFC should work much better between devices.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-11-13 05:58 PM