The best selling themes in the Crackberry AppStore are iPhone and Android themes. If you opt to use a Blackberry device, why would you want an iPhone or Android theme? Please don't take offense, I'm just asking a question. Thanks for any replies.
    11-27-10 01:13 PM
    One might think the GUI is better on these other devices, but knows that BlackBerry > Android/iPhone in email, battery life, durability

So they want to see what they think is a more appealing/cooler interface with the same BB performance.
    Fit24 likes this.
    11-27-10 01:20 PM
    I don't but I don't begrudge people their personal preferences. Face it, not everyone
    likes the same thing. No one is trying to turn a BlackBerry into an iPhone or an
    Android device. They just like the look better than what is available from a a purely
    BlackBerry standpoint.

Bigger question is why do people care what other people use? It's their phone, they
    can, and should, do with it what they wish.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-27-10 at 01:41 PM.
    11-27-10 01:22 PM
    One might think the GUI is better on these other devices, but knows that BlackBerry > Android/iPhone in email, battery life, durability

So they want to see what they think is a more appealing/cooler interface with the same BB performance.
    Thanks. It is the same on other devices also. choice is a good thing.
    11-27-10 01:37 PM
    I don't but I don't begrudge people their personal preferences. Face not everyone
    likes the same thing. No one is trying to turn a BlackBerry into an iPhone or an
    Android device. They just like the look better than what is available from a a purely
    BlackBerry standpoint.

Bigger question is why do people care what other people use? It's their phone, they
    I agree with freedom of choice and don't resent anyone for their preference. Thanks for your reply.
    11-27-10 01:44 PM
    I don't but I don't begrudge people their personal preferences. Face it, not everyone
    BlackBerry standpoint.

Totally agree with your statement
    11-27-10 01:56 PM
    I never really got in to the whole theme game.
    11-27-10 02:53 PM
    BlackBerry standpoint.

Another great answer/post by AG.

Yeah, sometimes themes get annoying.
    11-27-10 03:01 PM
    I'm an avid theme user (collector?). I typically go for minimalist, wallpaper-friendly themes. I've tried some iPhone themes before but they're just too busy, just like the original they emulate.

But of course some might like the look but not the function of a device, or vice versa.
    Just like how you might like the inmterior of a car that you think is ugly, or like thew exterior of a car that drives horribly.
    11-27-10 03:12 PM
    I really don't know, nor care.
    11-27-10 03:22 PM
    BlackBerry standpoint.

I really don't know, nor care.

Very well said guys.
    11-27-10 08:39 PM
    I have an answer because the UI on the other platforms is more appealing to most people, and that's all I got lol.
    11-28-10 05:23 PM
    Yeah I use iBerry 4 because its the slickest aesthetically, and provides me many a hidden icon. I used BB for a while, then got a 3gs and loved the icons... Got my bold and this theme and frankly its the reason I havebt switched to os6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 10:11 PM
    I used to be a big fan of themes when I had my 9000. Now that I'm running OS 6 on my 9700, I really do not miss themes. I doubt if I will go back to using any once they are available. OS 6 has all the functionality I need without having to use themes to get the functionality.
    11-28-10 10:14 PM
    I was one that never got into themes what so ever and never used a theme beyond the stock ones they provided.

I see no harm in asking though, since I'm curious about it too...
    11-28-10 10:59 PM
    I used to get and use themes regularly on my Tour, but now with the Torch and os6, I haven't felt the need to. That said, I do like Dannieloco's themes...
    11-29-10 12:07 AM
    I used to get and use themes regularly on my Tour, but now with the Torch and os6, I haven't felt the need to. That said, I do like Dannieloco's themes...
    +1. His themes are excellent.
    11-29-10 12:10 AM
    well did you find the answer?
    11-29-10 04:52 AM
    I have never bought an Android theme, but there was a purple iBerry theme I got once, I think for my 9000. I really like the icons on the iPhone, but as a device I prefer the Blackberry. I remember I used to hate the ugly icons on the early BBerries. The improved greatly on OS5..
    As far as themes in general, I get them all the time. Just to change things around. Or for Holidays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD