Do you think BlackBerry is preferred over the iPhone for doing business on and organising your work day and stuff?
    10-07-12 07:55 AM
    I don't think it is. Any more.
    10-07-12 08:14 AM
    Yes, because in spite of what people believe, push email is better than active sync.

Plus, bbm rocks, and being in healthcare requires all sorts of encryption to comply with privacy laws.
    xX_bella_Xx likes this.
    10-07-12 10:30 AM
    Depends on your field of profession. I tend to see more iPhones/Android devices around the office vs Blackberry devices.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 10:39 AM
    Yes, because in spite of what people believe, push email is better than active sync.

Plus, bbm rocks, and being in healthcare requires all sorts of encryption to comply with privacy laws.
    What does 'active sync' mean in this context? If you mean the old school WM 'active sync' that went out with flaired trousers, if you mean exchange active sync, that is what BB10 will have.
    10-07-12 11:04 AM
    Blackberry sure used to be the device of choice for business ( both large and small ).....
    ...These days seeing a Blackberry is akin to a Sasquatch sighting - better have a camera handy!

There are two RIM devices at my company now out of a herd of around 70 devices.....
    ...Prior to the iphone 3g all of the smart phones we had were Blackberry.
    ...There was zero business applications for Blackberry and the people who dealt with add agencies got tired of Truncated email.
    10-07-12 11:08 AM
    I'm seeing more iPhones at work. I prefer BB because I can get things done at work when I'm not in the office.
    10-08-12 12:37 AM
    Not preferred except where security is the top concern.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 12:44 AM
    Blackberry is a winner when it comes to organizing, compared to other devices. It has a lot of ground to cover with the new platform and win back it's popularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 01:35 AM
    Even though Blackberrys are being phased out in favor of the iPhone, they still have major advantages. In terms of business, they organize email better, have longer battery life, LED alerts, and are more secure. In my opinion they are also just more productive. I feel more comfortable sending an email from my BB than an iPhone because of the keyboard alone.

The sad part is that the companies that still use Blackberrys usually have really old cheap ones. I have friends/family that have OS 4 and OS 5 work issued phones in 2012. They are usually a cheap Curve and never a new OS 7 Bold 9900 or new Torch. Its gives RIM a bad rep when they try to compare an ancient BB to their personal iPhones or Androids.

There are some business people who are issued Bold 9900s at work and actually like them. I've read comments on Twitter that they are surprised that they actually like their work issued Bold 9900.

RIM could win back more business users if they get rid of old inventory and offer OS 7 devices at a much cheaper price. I think more companies would be more apt to using them again. Its no point to order a new Blackkberry if they're the same price (or more) as a new iPhone.
    10-08-12 02:20 AM
    I really think it's either IOS, Windows phone 8 or BB10. because these three will likely be used in Enterprise. But RIM needs to stop the abandoning of BB devices
    10-08-12 03:35 AM
    forget looks. a real business user doesnt have time to be bothered and is interested in efficiency and ease of use.

I had to start using an iphone for work 3 months ago and have found myself forced to start to use my personal BB9900 for work and have made the company post pone my iphone5 upgrade in favour of the BB10 device when it comes out. heres why:

iphone - the touch screen typing is inaccurate and prone to typos (not professional).
    it takes at least 2 times longer for me to type an accurate email response on the iphone
    it takes longer and more key presses for me to swap between accounts , diary etc.
    and a MAJOR difference. as an international traveller, when roaming iphone used up 25Mb data in a couple of hours when I wasnt using it! bb9900 has still to get to 5Mb use after 4 days use...carriers might like the extra fees as a result of inefficient bandwidth use but there is a very strong case for blackberry just on data cost savings alone for travelling execs imo.

As a business tool I dont care about 'apps' I want productivity and I am far more productive with a blackberry over the iphone.
    JR A likes this.
    10-08-12 04:21 AM
    The iCrap is a Tonker toy
    10-08-12 06:22 AM
    For me it's push emailing and BBM. Right now my current 9800 is ready for upgrade, and I have an iPhone 4 on contract too. I wanted a Samsung Note 2. My problem with upgrading to a non BB is I'll be missing out on those key features, unless I buy a Pay As You Go SIM, but I'd be using 3 phones then. That, and RIM always abandon their phones once a new OS is out,
    10-08-12 06:27 AM
    The sad part is that the companies that still use Blackberrys usually have really old cheap ones. I have friends/family that have OS 4 and OS 5 work issued phones in 2012. They are usually a cheap Curve and never a new OS 7 Bold 9900 or new Torch. Its gives RIM a bad rep when they try to compare an ancient BB to their personal iPhones or Androids.

There are some business people who are issued Bold 9900s at work and actually like them. I've read comments on Twitter that they are surprised that they actually like their work issued Bold 9900.

RIM could win back more business users if they get rid of old inventory and offer OS 7 devices at a much cheaper price. I think more companies would be more apt to using them again. Its no point to order a new Blackkberry if they're the same price (or more) as a new iPhone.
    My company was one of those companies. I am trying to upgrade our company app to use the SQLite and other features found in OS 6 nad OS 7, which meant looking at the current stock of phones and seeing where we were. After determining switching to a new platform was out of consideration due to flexibility and money, we started rolling out 9930s. The people getting the 9930s love them and those who don't have them yet make excuses as to why they need the new phones. I personally got rid of my regular old phone and started using the business provided phone instead, when I got a 9930.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-08-12 06:54 AM
    forget looks. a real business user doesnt have time to be bothered and is interested in efficiency and ease of use.

I had to start using an iphone for work 3 months ago and have found myself forced to start to use my personal BB9900 for work and have made the company post pone my iphone5 upgrade in favour of the BB10 device when it comes out. heres why:

iphone - the touch screen typing is inaccurate and prone to typos (not professional).
    it takes at least 2 times longer for me to type an accurate email response on the iphone
    it takes longer and more key presses for me to swap between accounts , diary etc.
    and a MAJOR difference. as an international traveller, when roaming iphone used up 25Mb data in a couple of hours when I wasnt using it! bb9900 has still to get to 5Mb use after 4 days use...carriers might like the extra fees as a result of inefficient bandwidth use but there is a very strong case for blackberry just on data cost savings alone for travelling execs imo.

As a business tool I dont care about 'apps' I want productivity and I am far more productive with a blackberry over the iphone.
    My thoughts exactly.

Throw in BES and BB is perfect for business/enterprise.
    10-08-12 07:49 PM
    One of the companies I deal with are still die hard BlackBerry. They still use BES to control security. With MDS, they have up-to-the-minute inventory information, place orders directly onto their server with accounting/payment all controlled by the server. They currently won't let their sales staff use anything other than BlackBerry since they rely on their security.
    10-08-12 09:04 PM
    i dont know whether it's preferred still or not, nor do i care but as long as BlackBerry is around it'll be MY choice. i had the misfortune of having to use an android for two whole weeks and let me tell ya, it was the most stressful, unproductive two weeks of my life. hopefully i'll never have to resort to anything other than a BB ever again.
    10-10-12 12:33 AM