Irrelevant since they aren't buying the OS(android). It's free remember?
    Google doesn't care about profiting from the OS (hence why it's free)....it's the ecosystem and the information/data mining where they make their money so it's very relevant.

Posted via CB10
    Erkan OZKAYA likes this.
    11-04-13 01:13 PM
    It's not the Americans it's the American media. When you keep getting told over and over that BB is dead. What are you meant to believe. When you walk into a retail store and you can't experience a BB10 device. How will you ever know how awesome BB10 is.
    Wrong! it is Blackberry that sell rubbish phones like the Z10 not the news media..tell the company to sell good products instead of releasing 2011 phones in 2013 and expect intelligent people to buy them. Don't even get me started on the Z30..$700 for a phone worth $300..with old specs and no apps..what a joke!
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-04-13 01:39 PM
    Yes but the OS they run on their devices and sell by the boatloads is what again?

Posted via CB10
    You should probably get a better look at who actually develops Android. It's not just a group of US developers. Far from it.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Poirots Progeny and shaleem like this.
    11-04-13 01:42 PM
    I really don't understand this need to blame America - what is this xenophobic nonsense?

It isn't hatred - its apathy. And the rest of the world is following suit, if the sales are any indicator.

I'm surprised the mods don't close these threads down.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:47 PM
    "Not the First time a superior product did not sell" Beta lost to VHS when Beta format was clearly the superior format for Video recording,It is all about marketing and always has been. Look at Bose great market share very mediocre speakers,but great marketing. Marketing is the key and until BB learns this they will continue to suffer. BB has many superior assets on their products but no one knows what they are outside of the BB current users it is a shame but true. Recoton Z-10 owner
    As I have stated many times in my previous post, Americans DON'T HATE BLACKBERRY, PERIOD. If you remember back in the early days it was AMERICANS who bought Blackberry devices by the millions which drove their stock price to around a 125 dollars share at that moment in time and they where not calling us BB haters then????. Then came Apple, Samsung, HTC and the rest of the smartphone makers who had something that Americans wanted more then what Blackberry was offering, it's called competition and is the standard business principle used in every country I know of.

That fact is that Blackberry was well aware of this and choose to ride the coat tails of their previous success and dragged their feet getting newer products to the marketplace and folks here in the USA have got tired of waiting and looked elsewhere. When the z10 and OS10 was finally released almost two years late I might add, the damage had already been done. Companies here once loyal to the BB brand have crossed over to Android and Apple IOS devices and are not looking back.

I just went out and bought another z10 because after being on IOS the last couple of months, I found myself missing the great features like the BB Hub, Gesturing and so on. But I am a dinosaur here now and when folks see me using my Blackberry z10 they tell me it looks like and Android device and they thought Blackberry was out of business long ago!!!! This is the reality of the current situation and I don't see it changing anytime time soon folks. Just one American's perspective to which I will no doubt be flogged, whipped and beaten by the Blackberry faithful.
    11-04-13 01:59 PM
    Because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, not an American company. This is the only reason I can think of.
    I'm American and I love blackberry. Most of my friends wonder why I use a phone with a small screen and keyboard. I doubt they even think of Canada when they comment on my phone. I don't even 100 percent know if they are aware blackberry is Canadian. I doubt they even know motorola is American. Its silly to think Americans don't like Canadians. Sure we had a few jokes from south park and a comedian here and there but overall I would say most Americans like Canada. Blackberries issues have to do with ruining their own brand name when they were the biggest mobile brand on the planet. Their backers and fans in the states moved on

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    Lewis Cummings likes this.
    11-04-13 02:15 PM
    It's Not hated, the brand has become easy to whip and the media and tech pundits have climbed on board. The funny thing is, the cool tech folks say that BBRY is not relevant, yet any negative news article about BBRY is front and center and picked apart like fresh kill.

I say, get a life.....it's a company that may or may not do well......nothing to see. except if you are a paid troll and have marching orders.
    11-04-13 02:16 PM
    Oh good, name calling.
    11-04-13 02:19 PM
    Not the First time a superior product did not sell
    Your comment made me think of Dell PC's. They were so bad and yet they sold like hotcakes despite having proprietary components and a reputation for both poor reliability and bad customer service. Not that this matters, but I ditched an iPhone 4 to get a Q10 and was glad I did. And if BlackBerry smartphones should go the way of the Dodo, I won't be getting an iPhone.

My wife has my old iPhone 4. She liked it very much until they updated the OS. Now she can't stand it. I think the user disappointment with the Apple OS upgrade was in the news for all of two days and then you never heard about it again. Apple is without question the media's darling tech company right now. And BlackBerry is the red-headed step child. Moto X here I come!
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-04-13 02:57 PM
    Why is BlackBerry hated in America? For the same reason it's hated every where else. Introduce a "meh" copycat phone and price it sky high, that's the formula for hate, and it works everywhere in the world.
    11-04-13 03:03 PM
    Because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, not an American company. This is the only reason I can think of.
    Complete nonsense. Period! Do you really think Americans dislike Canada and/or Canadians? Frankly, this is one of the most nonsensical posts I've seen on this site. Sorry, I don't mean to be insulting but, come on, Americans dislike Canada? Give me a break.
    Last edited by shaleem; 11-04-13 at 03:45 PM.
    11-04-13 03:33 PM
    Because people are in to trends. They use there emotions rather than their brains and They let the media tell them how to think
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-04-13 03:40 PM
    Americans don't hate Blackberry. They love others more.
    Harvey Specter likes this.
    11-04-13 03:42 PM
    Totally disagree, if BlackBerry is not relevant anymore, why all the bashing ?? something that is not relevant, is something is not even worth talking about.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-04-13 04:04 PM
    As I have stated many times in my previous post, Americans DON'T HATE BLACKBERRY, PERIOD. If you remember back in the early days it was AMERICANS who bought Blackberry devices by the millions which drove their stock price to around a 125 dollars share at that moment in time and they where not calling us BB haters then????. Then came Apple, Samsung, HTC and the rest of the smartphone makers who had something that Americans wanted more then what Blackberry was offering, it's called competition and is the standard business principle used in every country I know of.

That fact is that Blackberry was well aware of this and choose to ride the coat tails of their previous success and dragged their feet getting newer products to the marketplace and folks here in the USA have got tired of waiting and looked elsewhere. When the z10 and OS10 was finally released almost two years late I might add, the damage had already been done. Companies here once loyal to the BB brand have crossed over to Android and Apple IOS devices and are not looking back.

I just went out and bought another z10 because after being on IOS the last couple of months, I found myself missing the great features like the BB Hub, Gesturing and so on. But I am a dinosaur here now and when folks see me using my Blackberry z10 they tell me it looks like and Android device and they thought Blackberry was out of business long ago!!!! This is the reality of the current situation and I don't see it changing anytime time soon folks. Just one American's perspective to which I will no doubt be flogged, whipped and beaten by the Blackberry faithful.
    My problem is the "not looking back" part. I get that it's natural for people to leave and look for greener pastures but a lot of people declare the new devices irrelevant without even giving it a look or a touch. I call that hatred. Most people that call BlackBerry 10 irrelevant have never even touched it. If you tell me you have used the devices and you don't like it, cool, I'd believe that you have nothing against the company, but when all you can say is "too little too late" or "who cares" without seeing what they have to offer, it's hard to believe that people don't hate BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 04:05 PM
    The answer to the question is simple: "Star Wars". BlackBerry is known as RIMpire. Apple presented itself as the rebels (see Think Different campaign).
    11-04-13 04:48 PM
    I think the real question is why Crackberry thinks that Blackberry is hated so much in America? In my experience people just don't really care either way about Blackberry.
    11-04-13 05:04 PM
    How is Blackberry one step above Pantech in the US?

Why is BlackBerry hated so much in America?-8c9562027-q3-2013-usa-market-share-counterpoint-research2.blocks_desktop_medium.png
    11-04-13 05:29 PM
    Americans actually love BlackBerry. They just don't liking buying it for the same price as a Galaxy or iPhone. Not at this point, anyway. Maybe one day. But, for now, those prices need to be worked on a bit. Get these devices in American consumers hands, and then, wait for the magic to happen.
    11-04-13 06:13 PM
    There is also a lack of positive news about the company. Post any positive confirmed news to Social media. Thus way the general public will see the positives about BlackBerry and the fiction that it had gone out of business will be dispelled.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    11-04-13 06:20 PM
    It's not hated everywhere. The Bones episode sported a Z10 and what looked like a Q10.
    11-04-13 08:00 PM
    It is called piling on and media laziness...... As a society we have a tendancy to root for something to success and when it does we hope for it to fail.... hence the piling on when it does..... In the US it is more indifference on the general public towards BB and laziness on the Media's part... no original reporting just repeating rumors or wire stories... whether it is true or not is irrelevant... on the internet it is all about clicks ( BGR for example ).... As negativity gets more clicks and trolls... especially BB guess what you see most of.... finally there is the pregnant lady syndrom.... if you look you barely notice woman who are pregnant... have someone close to you become pregnant guess what you start seeing everywhere... pregnant women... hold true for cars etcl..... as BB has so much negativity around it and you have a vested interest in the topic.... guess what you see... what you consider hatred....
    11-04-13 08:36 PM
    I don't think there is such hate on blackberry in America. BlackBerry did it to themselves. I mean, what in the world Balsille was thinking when he wanted to buy ths phoenix coyotes years back? He should have been focusing on his job not acquiring an NHL team and relocate it. I still love my Z.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:05 PM
    A better questions is what reason has Blackberry given to make America actually like them (although I disagree that they are hated in the U.S.):

1. Getting products and updates out on time? - Nope
    2. Keeping their promises (BB10 Playbook) - Nope
    3. Solid Marketing effort to show how BB10 is different? - Nope

I don't think they are hated at all, its that people have grown tired of their BS and have moved on.
    you do realize that the carriers control when updates are available to blackberry users right?The carriers OWE APPLE BILLIONS even if the iphone never sold at all,so tell me what incentive does the U.S carriers have to sell blackberries?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:16 PM
    You should probably get a better look at who actually develops Android. It's not just a group of US developers. Far from it.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Again doesnt matter who develops it or who sells it....the ultimate profiteer is Google no matter how you slice it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:18 PM
230 12345 ...