probably because they are Canadian... who knows.

but the more likely reason is that they've lost their "cool" factor
    11-04-13 10:35 AM
    How many variations on this theme are we going to hear?

Americans don't hate BlackBerry.
    kbz1960, aniym, litig8or98 and 1 others like this.
    11-04-13 10:37 AM
    How many variations on this theme are we going to hear?

Americans don't hate BlackBerry.
    No but I'm starting to be annoyed by all the false statements saying such.
    11-04-13 10:38 AM
    Blame the "paid" tech bloggers and reviewers for continuously putting a negative spin on BB related news. Corporate sabotage by the competition, something that is not talked about.
    After those blame BB themselves for not joining in on the apps phenomena in time and making cool gadgets..
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-04-13 10:42 AM
    Canada - Americans like to vacation there. Samsung is using and selling in a big way an American operating system. Blackberry - a Canadian operating system on Canadian hardware. I think that was what the poster was trying to imply.
    If so, then his assertion makes even less sense. Apparently, we Americans are okay with foreign hardware but we hate foreign OS's? That makes no sense at all. Does the average American consumer even know where iOS, Android and BB10 were designed?

If anything, the fact that BlackBerry is Canadian is a point in its favor. We like Canada, we really do. When we think of Canada, we don't think "global competitor," we think, "friendly neighbor." We have no problem proudly and prominently using Canadian stuff:

And, as others have pointed out, BlackBerry is tanking all over the world, not just here.
    11-04-13 10:47 AM
    I like Canada. I like hockey. I like Blackberry.

Signed an American

Posted via CB10
    newcollector and JesseBabe23 like this.
    11-04-13 11:03 AM
    I don't think anyone "hates" BlackBerry. But a few fat cats on Wall Street likely see an opportunity to profit from its demise. They'd pounce on any other publicly traded company in a similar situation. It doesn't matter what nationality or what type of company. And it doesn't have to be Americans who do this - Canadians are involved too. Anyone influential who sees something to gain will start playing.

Laughing at dumb mistakes a company makes (and BB has made too many of them) is not the same as hating the company.
    11-04-13 11:07 AM
    Noticed a couple of post blaming the media for people's perception of Blackberry.....Are you really suggesting that it is the media's place to do the marketing that Blackberrry won't? The few BB commercials if have seen in the US are at the best....confusing. I also understand that the carriers and big box retailers like Best Buy aren't setting up significant demo areas for BB10 devices, but space is money in retail, and they aren't going to use a lot of it when they know that the interest is going to be marginal.
    11-04-13 11:10 AM
    It's not the Americans it's the American media. When you keep getting told over and over that BB is dead. What are you meant to believe. When you walk into a retail store and you can't experience a BB10 device. How will you ever know how awesome BB10 is.
    11-04-13 11:18 AM
    I for one am a very proud American, and proud Blackberry owner.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    11-04-13 11:18 AM
    Why does the American media and Wall Street hate BlackBerry and wants to be the company go away? BlackBerry has the best OS and most secure network for mobility. Non of the others come close but no one is trying to see Apple and Samsung to go away

Posted via CB10
    \
    We hate all things Canadian for one reason..... Justin Bieber.

j/k
    Lewis Cummings likes this.
    11-04-13 11:25 AM
    Guess the joke is on all of us since they hired an American as (interim) CEO
    11-04-13 11:57 AM
    No hate here, I have always loved Canada, Blackberry phones and have no plan to change!

Chen may be just the right guy for the job. Having worked for a company that had gone through the same type of situation (although a different industry) many years ago, the first CEO after a long time CEO usually only lasts a few years. Behind the scenes they are asked to cut, cut, cut and try to keep as much of the companies strong suits together as possible, which Thor did.

Now its time for Chen or the next guy to rebuild from the core, much like Apple did many years ago.

Side note: Loaded the leaked 10.2 on my Q a week ago and have not had one problem. The new features are excellent.
    11-04-13 11:58 AM
    But Android is running on the phone and its made by Google. An American company. Alot of people don't make the distinction between OS and manufacturer.
    11-04-13 12:13 PM
    Why does the American media and Wall Street hate BlackBerry and wants to be the company go away? BlackBerry has the best OS and most secure network for mobility. Non of the others come close but no one is trying to see Apple and Samsung to go away

Posted via CB10
    For your information Americans buy more BB phones than Canadians. Why don't you ask why Canadians no longer buy Blackberrys? Android and Ios control over 80% of the Canadian market
    11-04-13 12:24 PM
    I don't think it is hateful, it is simply BlackBerry hasn't executed at all and people got tired of being saddled with locked down BBOS devices by there IT organizations while devices like iPhones and Android could do much more than "communications". That is what people think of when the name BlackBerry is mentioned, the old BBOS devices that did voice and e-mail well, and not much else, and BlackBerry has made ZERO effort to change that perception. But it is easier to blame America than BlackBerry. Oh and how well is BlackBerry selling in Canada? Last data I saw showed that people there were picking up iPhones and Android more too. But I've seen the posts here that state that too is America's fault!

I love BB10 and like my Z10, but the company behind the product is horrible and you can't believe a word they state publicly!
    11-04-13 12:30 PM
    Because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, not an American company. This is the only reason I can think of.
    I'm sick of these threads. Samsung is not in the United States. In fact only Moto and Apple are U.S. based.
    They and BlackBerry own dumb moves is what got it where it is now.

BTW last I looked Canada was in America. North America.

Get off the U.S. bashing as it shows your own prejudice.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-04-13 12:31 PM
    Noticed a couple of post blaming the media for people's perception of Blackberry.....Are you really suggesting that it is the media's place to do the marketing that Blackberrry won't? The few BB commercials if have seen in the US are at the best....confusing. I also understand that the carriers and big box retailers like Best Buy aren't setting up significant demo areas for BB10 devices, but space is money in retail, and they aren't going to use a lot of it when they know that the interest is going to be marginal.
    Agreed on the media front. It's definitely not the media's job to market BlackBerry. The tech media did do its part in saying that the BB10 was completely new during reviews. The few commercials BB did put out, they didn't mention once that the OS was completely redesigned. That should have been a MAJOR selling point, and they never reiterated that point.

As far as carrier displays, I also agree that they need to showcase what sells, and they actually gave BlackBerry a fighting chance from what I saw around the KC Metro at least. Here's a display at a Best Buy, front and center of their mobile phone section:

T-Mobile had similar displays as well. Then gradually after a few months the displays got smaller and smaller. BB10 devices just weren't selling, so the retailers replaced those displays with devices that the public wanted. That's just how retail works, and you'd think it was a huge crime according to some Berry fanatics. It's sad that they didn't sell as well as we were hoping, but from where I was standing they at least got a fair shot. Consumers just chose the competition.
    11-04-13 12:33 PM
    This again? Seriously, the whole topic is bullocks, and new threads reiterating what's already been beaten to death ad nauseum isn't going to change the point.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    11-04-13 12:39 PM
    BlackBerry was built to compress data. It's never been about specs. Americans have unlimited data plans and don't pay much.

Poetry in Motion
    11-04-13 12:47 PM
    A couple of holes in your theory: Americans generally like Canada, and Samsung is not an American company either, it's South Korean.
    Yes but the OS they run on their devices and sell by the boatloads is what again?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:50 PM
    Yes but the OS they run on their devices and sell by the boatloads is what again?

Posted via CB10
    Irrelevant since they aren't buying the OS(android). It's free remember?
    11-04-13 12:56 PM
    Because Apple rules all. America is all about the most popular stuff.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    11-04-13 12:57 PM
    I don't think it is hated in America, I think people have not really looked at the new blackberry 10 platform. I think the lack of advertising on Blackberry's part has played a factor in the drop in popularity. I think if they got better advertising that showed what blackberry 10 can really do they would help themselves.
    11-04-13 12:58 PM
    If you're referring to Samsung, their devices run Android, which is American. So? Do you really think we care where the OS on our phones was designed? 'Cause we don't.

But if anti-Canadian prejudice here in the States explains BlackBerry's unpopularity vs. iOS and Android, how do you explain the fact that before those OS's existed, BlackBerry completely dominated the American market, blowing away American companies like Palm?

The fact is, Americans buy what we think is best for our own needs, pretty much like people in other countries. For us, that used to be BlackBerry. Now it's not.
    11-04-13 01:01 PM
230 1234 ...