Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 230
Like Tree298Likes
  1. Frankbze's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Why is BlackBerry hated so much in America?

    Why does the American media and Wall Street hate BlackBerry and wants to be the company go away? BlackBerry has the best OS and most secure network for mobility. Non of the others come close but no one is trying to see Apple and Samsung to go away

    Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
  2. cary709394's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, not an American company. This is the only reason I can think of.
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    3hb78ftg (11-05-2013),  dracolnyte (11-05-2013),  Jake2826 (11-05-2013),  Jerky223 (11-05-2013),  kadirkaan (11-04-2013),  Kobe Barksdale (11-04-2013),  RichardAitch (11-05-2013),  rtang1007 (11-04-2013),  tdoog (11-04-2013),  thatplaybookguy (11-04-2013) 
  3. sarcazmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Because they aren't 'cool' anymore.

    I remember a few years ago blackberry's were THE phone to get. You add some crappy releases (storm anyone) and show a lack of interest in your customers and trending tech and you'll lose your consumer base.
    Thanked by 2:
    waker (11-06-2013) 
  4. #4  

    Default

    I think it's mostly the consumers since the American government and a lot of American companies still trust on BlackBerry.

    Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    maddie1128 likes this.
  5. gogurt48's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cary709394 View Post
    Because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, not an American company. This is the only reason I can think of.
    A couple of holes in your theory: Americans generally like Canada, and Samsung is not an American company either, it's South Korean.
    "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." ~Mark Twain
    Thanked by 9:
    bekkay (11-04-2013),  BoldPreza (11-05-2013),  cwalt2166 (11-06-2013),  Lewis Cummings (11-05-2013),  mithar73 (11-04-2013),  m_b (11-28-2014),  shaleem (11-04-2013),  Unbiased Tech (11-04-2013) 
  6. JDRiggs's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Blaming America is just an excuse. If we hate non-American companies how do you explain the success of Samsung? HTC? Toyota, Honda, Nissan, British Petroleum, Nestle, and on and on.

    It's quite disingenuous to blame America when BB is failing everywhere, including Canada.
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    amazinglygraceless (11-04-2013),  bekkay (11-04-2013),  BerryRipe (02-21-2014),  jason8957 (11-04-2013),  millerliteboy (11-06-2013),  milo53 (11-05-2013),  Ragwan (11-05-2013),  shaleem (11-04-2013),  Troy Tiscareno (11-04-2013),  Unbiased Tech (11-04-2013) 
  7. GadgetTravel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,401 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    BlackBerry sales are tanking in most places. People in the US don't in general hate BlackBerry. If there is any negative feelings it is likely due to their BlackBerry representing a work based intrusion into their personal lives. I have heard that complaint as well as some complaints about particular devices.

    Posted via CB10
  8. TgeekB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,321 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,665 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    People did not hate Blackberry, they just aren't relevant any more. What would you like the media or Americans to do?
    21stNow and MERCDROID like this.
  9. anon5771888's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    As I have stated many times in my previous post, Americans DON'T HATE BLACKBERRY, PERIOD. If you remember back in the early days it was AMERICANS who bought Blackberry devices by the millions which drove their stock price to around a 125 dollars share at that moment in time and they where not calling us BB haters then????. Then came Apple, Samsung, HTC and the rest of the smartphone makers who had something that Americans wanted more then what Blackberry was offering, it's called competition and is the standard business principle used in every country I know of.

    That fact is that Blackberry was well aware of this and choose to ride the coat tails of their previous success and dragged their feet getting newer products to the marketplace and folks here in the USA have got tired of waiting and looked elsewhere. When the z10 and OS10 was finally released almost two years late I might add, the damage had already been done. Companies here once loyal to the BB brand have crossed over to Android and Apple IOS devices and are not looking back.

    I just went out and bought another z10 because after being on IOS the last couple of months, I found myself missing the great features like the BB Hub, Gesturing and so on. But I am a dinosaur here now and when folks see me using my Blackberry z10 they tell me it looks like and Android device and they thought Blackberry was out of business long ago!!!! This is the reality of the current situation and I don't see it changing anytime time soon folks. Just one American's perspective to which I will no doubt be flogged, whipped and beaten by the Blackberry faithful.
    Thanked by 7:
    Fidel Mercado (11-04-2013),  georg4BB (11-07-2013),  h20work (11-04-2013),  howiefelter (11-05-2013),  Lewis Cummings (11-05-2013),  Mindis (11-04-2013),  Nels (11-06-2013) 
    TgeekB, moodyk13, kbz1960 and 11 others like this.
  10. boeingrules's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    393 Posts
    Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    First world countries (not just America) are a lot more picky than poorer countries because they are already so technologically advanced. Therefore they are a lot more critical about products and their companies. So it's only natural for them to pick on a company that is quite clearly inferior to its competition (can someone actually honestly tell me that the Z10 is a better overall product than the iPhone 5s or Galaxy S4 without getting into personal opinions). And spotting an underdog, the media and all the tech freaks slam them hard. With all this highly publicized negative attention towards BlackBerry, it's unavoidable that this stigma will eventually spread to the general public. They can also judge for themselves which is the better product, because these people aren't completely stupid either. And with so many people having these kinds of phones in these places, the companies start to gather up 'fans'. These people once absorbed into a 'fanbase' is very hard to convert, and will often spread as much unreasonable hate as possible to the other fanbases. It's safe to say the Apple fanbase is pretty darn big in the USA.


    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Troy Tiscareno (11-04-2013) 
    Donvald likes this.
  11. branch83wr's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    The sad reality is that consumers don't care/know enough about blackberry to hate them.
    Thanked by:
    Loc22 (11-05-2013) 
  12. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    Retired Mod

    Posts
    25,825 Posts
    PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero
    #12  

    Default

    Isn't one thread on this (insert uncharitable term here______) enough?

    Why is there such incredibly bitter vitriol against BlackBerry in America?
    Thanked by 5:
    DenverRalphy (11-04-2013),  h20work (11-04-2013),  litig8or98 (11-04-2013),  moodyk13 (11-06-2013),  paper_monkey (11-04-2013) 
  13. Chase_Manley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    227 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Exactly. They don't know enough blackberry or even give it a chance. When they think Blackberry they think of the legacy devices, BB10 is a completely different experience. I've been trying to get my girlfriend the Z10 but refuses to leave her precious Iphone.

    Posted via CB10
  14. lynxs_claw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogurt48 View Post
    A couple of holes in your theory: Americans generally like Canada, and Samsung is not an American company either, it's South Korean.
    Canada - Americans like to vacation there. Samsung is using and selling in a big way an American operating system. Blackberry - a Canadian operating system on Canadian hardware. I think that was what the poster was trying to imply.
  15. Chase_Manley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    227 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Damn I posted that in the wrong thread....haha sorry

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    jogofeio (11-04-2013) 
  16. wrevansii's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Blackberry is not a 'hated' company. The problem is that BB lived on its past and failed to evolve to keep up with the consumer demand. What you say about the OS is exactly true, but the app portfolio is absolutely terrible. I returned to BB after being on Android and Apple. I was shocked to find that some of the most used apps were not available on BB and the apps available are just not relevant. Productivity is important, which BB does a great job, but folks use their phones for much more than work these days. These are the reasons so many folks returned their BB phones.
  17. sklotz2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,000 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by branch83wr View Post
    The sad reality is that consumers don't care/know enough about blackberry to hate them.
    Exactly! Most US consumers do not know that BlackBerry has been reinvented with a totally NEW OS. Where is it in the media?? No one I talk to knows this... NO ONE!! I just had someone ask me last week "Hey, isn't that new BlackBerry just running an old Android version?" This backs up my statement, "NO ONE HERE KNOWS!!"
    Thanked by:
    Jake2826 (11-05-2013) 
  18. newcollector's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,173 Posts
    PIN
    Safety or stick?
    #18  

    Default

    They don't hate BlackBerry, but they do not like incompetence, and consistent incompetence at that. BlackBerry is in the position it is because of their own decisions. The Media didn't overlook the potential of Apple. The Media didn't over promise and under-deliver. The Media didn't miss deadlines and poorly market. BlackBerry owns all that and more. The media has just gathered round like piranhas to pick BlackBerry to the bone.



    Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by 4:
    birdman_38 (10-06-2014),  Fidel Mercado (11-04-2013),  Mindis (11-04-2013),  Ragwan (11-05-2013) 
    TgeekB, andy957, Ragwan and 1 others like this.
  19. lynxs_claw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Bak View Post
    As I have stated many times in my previous post, Americans DON'T HATE BLACKBERRY, PERIOD. If you remember back in the early days it was AMERICANS who bought Blackberry devices by the millions which drove their stock price to around a 125 dollars share at that moment in time and they where not calling us BB haters then????. Then came Apple, Samsung, HTC and the rest of the smartphone makers who had something that Americans wanted more then what Blackberry was offering, it's called competition and is the standard business principle used in every country I know of.

    That fact is that Blackberry was well aware of this and choose to ride the coat tails of their previous success and dragged their feet getting newer products to the marketplace and folks here in the USA have got tired of waiting and looked elsewhere. When the z10 and OS10 was finally released almost two years late I might add, the damage had already been done. Companies here once loyal to the BB brand have crossed over to Android and Apple IOS devices and are not looking back.

    I just went out and bought another z10 because after being on IOS the last couple of months, I found myself missing the great features like the BB Hub, Gesturing and so on. But I am a dinosaur here now and when folks see me using my Blackberry z10 they tell me it looks like and Android device and they thought Blackberry was out of business long ago!!!! This is the reality of the current situation and I don't see it changing anytime time soon folks. Just one American's perspective to which I will no doubt be flogged, whipped and beaten by the Blackberry faithful.
    Blackberry's sold in the US greatly when there were NO options in the US. "Americans don't hate BB" - No, the US media and Wallstreet does and have been able to poison the thoughts of their consumers and the rest of the world. You said it yourself, you went and tried the latest BB product and found it better .. so have I. But try convincing everyone else in the world (especially in the US) to try it. When the NYT can take out a full page article why people are "embarassed" to use a BB and it hugely echos in other social spectums how can this not affect the consumer outlook on this company. When the American automotive industry was tanking, I can't recall any major US newspaper or other media organization toting that it's really embarrassing to drive a Chrysler or a GM product and we should all be driving Japanese cars.
    Thanked by 2:
    Jake2826 (11-05-2013),  mnhockeycoach99 (11-04-2013) 
  20. crackberry_geek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    557 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankbze View Post
    Why does the American media and Wall Street hate BlackBerry and wants to be the company go away? BlackBerry has the best OS and most secure network for mobility. Non of the others come close but no one is trying to see Apple and Samsung to go away

    Posted via CB10
    Too big of a question for me to answer. But I can say this -> They might get more love in America if they chose (like almost every other tech company) to release their products and services here promptly.

    Z30 - launched in Malaysia - REALLY - whose idea was that?
    OS 10.2 - Available here in America on my carrier - before SOMETIME - not really sure when that is.

    Whoever is making these decisions should be fired... maybe that is what happened today with TH and others out... I'm sure hoping for the best.
    Thanked by 2:
    Fidel Mercado (11-04-2013),  Lewis Cummings (11-05-2013) 
    andy957 likes this.
  21. Galifrey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    356 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrevansii View Post
    Blackberry is not a 'hated' company. The problem is that BB lived on its past and failed to evolve to keep up with the consumer demand. What you say about the OS is exactly true, but the app portfolio is absolutely terrible. I returned to BB after being on Android and Apple. I was shocked to find that some of the most used apps were not available on BB and the apps available are just not relevant. Productivity is important, which BB does a great job, but folks use their phones for much more than work these days. These are the reasons so many folks returned their BB phones.
    Exactly. Many people would love to see BlackBerry come back and offer well built and innovative tech. However for most mericans, they just honest don't care. They're happy with their bubble ios world, or content on how android customization. Why would they bother even thinking about BlackBerry.

    Posted via CB10
  22. thatplaybookguy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,279 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Maybe it's because in 1812 we burned down the White House and now they are getting revenge.
    Sent from My Brain to My Fingers to You across the vastness of the internet.

    Owner of the First Z10 sold in Canada.
    If you see typos, it's because I didn't post from my Z10.
    Blackberry 10 GTA V Crew thread BB10 crew in effect!!
  23. Harvey Specter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    It has to be the Americans' fault. Always. It's the CrackBerry way.

    Bottom line is this: Americans like winners. BlackBerry currently is not a winner.
    Harvey R. Specter
    Pearson-Specter
    New York, NY

    I win. It's what I do.
  24. donnation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    A better questions is what reason has Blackberry given to make America actually like them (although I disagree that they are hated in the U.S.):

    1. Getting products and updates out on time? - Nope
    2. Keeping their promises (BB10 Playbook) - Nope
    3. Solid Marketing effort to show how BB10 is different? - Nope

    I don't think they are hated at all, its that people have grown tired of their BS and have moved on.
    cbvinh and JesseBabe23 like this.
  25. donnation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    It has to be the Americans' fault. Always. It's the CrackBerry way.

    Bottom line is this: Americans like winners. BlackBerry currently is not a winner.
    That's actually a very good point and way of looking at it.
    Lewis Cummings likes this.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry will rise again, just like Apple did
    By kazza295 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
  2. Blackberry Hub for fitness solutions - HapLife
    By happberry in forum BlackBerry 10 Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
  3. Need help, something is very wrong with my BlackBerry 9860. :(
    By izaakku in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
  4. Blackberry News!!
    By ChrisMay in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:37 AM
  5. Heins Out, best decision BB has made in a long time.
    By donnation in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions