My last phone was z30 and it was just awsm mobile phone I ever used but cause of missing required apps , I sold it in order to buy DTEK50 (couse I m jobless)
    But I really missing front logo of blackberry on dtek50, why blackberry is not righten on the front of dtek like all 10devices and like z30
    Why blackberry why u did this tell me hah
    Have anybody answer ?

Posted From rooted NOKIA XL
    Last edited by nokiablackberry; 08-27-16 at 01:54 PM.
    08-27-16 01:41 PM
    Too expensive )
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-27-16 02:10 PM
    Because they didn't make the phone and it was easier to just take a plastic back with the blackberry logo on it and slap it on it.
    Last edited by donnation; 08-28-16 at 05:52 AM.
    08-27-16 02:26 PM
    I think it was strategic. When people see the BlackBerry logo, they instantly don't want it. This way maybe people can test/use it with an open mind...

Posted via CB10
    Stephen Cooper and juanjo322 like this.
    08-27-16 11:56 PM
    I think it was strategic. When people see the BlackBerry logo, they instantly don't want it. This way maybe people can test/use it with an open mind...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. Most sales would be coming from online direct sales, so most people wouldn't get a chance to test it anyway.
    08-28-16 10:47 AM
    Because they didn't make the phone and it was easier to just take a plastic back with the blackberry logo on it and slap it on it.
    This is the case. Despite what a few folks want or choose to believe, these are Idol 4 phones with a different back cover - no special BB hardware inside (which would negate much of the cost savings of licensing an existing design). The difference, besides that back cover, is the BB-specific software the phone is running.
    neoberry99 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-28-16 11:06 AM
    Kind of like Apple- Do they actually make their phone have a logo on front? What about the Nexus 6P does it have any? Silly complaint if that is what this is.

The DTEK50
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-28-16 11:21 AM
    Could be anything until the decision committee say otherwise.

I think it's a cost saving decision more than marketing.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-28-16 11:57 AM
    This is the case. Despite what a few folks want or choose to believe, these are Idol 4 phones with a different back cover - no special BB hardware inside (which would negate much of the cost savings of licensing an existing design). The difference, besides that back cover, is the BB-specific software the phone is running.
    Is there not some kind of hardware "signature" or something related to what they call the "root of trust?" or have I just bought the hype?

If there's no diff, then I might as well buy any device and just install their software for $12 a year.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:17 PM
    Is there not some kind of hardware "signature" or something related to what they call the "root of trust?" or have I just bought the hype?

If there's no diff, then I might as well buy any device and just install their software for $12 a year.

Posted via CB10
    You've bought into the hype. It's the Alcatel 4 with Blackberry software tweaks.
    08-28-16 12:43 PM
    Would be interesting if we are going the Desktop environment route, where the hardware is not tied to an OS.

Problem would be hardware compatibility. We all know it sucks for Windows and Linux trying to get the correct drivers working. Once you get it, it's fine.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-28-16 01:20 PM
    So it's dual sim then, that's great!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 04:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    /s

?

:-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    08-28-16 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hardware wise yes, it could be dual sim because its the Idol 4. Blackberry restricts the usage to SD card only.
    08-28-16 04:50 PM
    From inside BlackBerry below (but I suppose you and donnation are more informed):

Security at the Chip Level: Our hardware root of trust adds security keys to DTEK50�s processor as it�s being built, rather than layering it on afterward with extra software, like our competitors do. Add-ons can create conflicts with other hardware or software on a device. Fewer potential conflicts means fewer malfunctioning devices and less employee downtime.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 04:53 PM
    From inside BlackBerry below (but I suppose you and donnation are more informed):

Security at the Chip Level: Our hardware root of trust adds security keys to DTEK50’s processor as it’s being built, rather than layering it on afterward with extra software, like our competitors do. Add-ons can create conflicts with other hardware or software on a device. Fewer potential conflicts means fewer malfunctioning devices and less employee downtime.

That doesn't negate the fact that its the Idol 4 Ray. Security at the chip level is fine, but hardware wise its the Idol 4, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but thats what it is.
    08-28-16 05:06 PM
    Smart idea imho

Posted via CB10
    skitzware likes this.
    08-28-16 05:08 PM
    That doesn't negate the fact that its the Idol 4 Ray. Security at the chip level is fine, but hardware wise its the Idol 4, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, but thats what it is.
    Your response to the person asking about root of trust was:

�You've bought into the hype. It's the Alcatel 4 with Blackberry software tweaks.�

So you consider the processor software? Which goes for Troy's response as well claiming that nothing is different besides the back cover and software. You two can go on all you want with your opinion being stated as fact. The reality is, you are wrong and so is Troy. Stop spreading misinformation.

CerveloJohn and bh7171 like this.
    08-28-16 05:11 PM
    Your response to the person asking about root of trust was:

�You've bought into the hype. It's the Alcatel 4 with Blackberry software tweaks.�

So you consider the processor software? Which goes for Troy's response as well claiming that nothing is different besides the back cover and software. You two can go on all you want with your opinion being stated as fact. The reality is, you are wrong and so is Troy. Stop spreading misinformation.

You're right, that security chip is the difference. The OP asked why there was no BB logo on the phone. There isn't because it's the idol 4 (oh right, with a security chip in it).
    08-28-16 05:14 PM
    You're right, that security chip is the difference. The OP asked why there was no BB logo on the phone. There isn't because it's the idol 4 (oh right, with a security chip in it).
    I'm not saying it's not the idol 4. Your response was to some one asking about root of trust and not the OP question. To which you responded that it's hype and only software differences. Don't be upset for being corrected with actual facts and a source rather then an opinion.

CerveloJohn and bh7171 like this.
    08-28-16 05:31 PM
    I'm not saying it's not the idol 4. Your response was to some one asking about root of trust and not the OP question. To which you responded that it's hype and only software differences. Don't be upset for being corrected with actual facts and a source rather then an opinion.

Ray, you know I have nothing but love for you buddy. Thank you for correcting me.
    08-28-16 05:32 PM

Good work Ray. Good to hear someone providing accurate information.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 05:40 PM
    You've bought into the hype. It's the Alcatel 4 with Blackberry software tweaks.
    The important security features which BlackBerry refers to as being "bake in" are not "software" running on top of the OS, but are changes to the devices firmware that control the boot process. It may look like an Idol 4, but internally it is not.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 06:23 PM
    The important security features which BlackBerry refers to as being "bake in" are not "software" running on top of the OS, but are changes to the devices firmware that control the boot process. It may look like an Idol 4, but internally it is not.
    Exactly. Another reason why they are comfortable with "the world's most secure android" campaign.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-28-16 06:25 PM
    Great, Its a rebranded Idol 4 with some extra security added.
    08-28-16 08:01 PM
65 123