Once again this is all your opinion and nothing more. See below from a BlackBerry employee regarding the hardware posted in the beta zone when the device launched. Say what you will about marketing spin, I will take the word of BlackBerry and their employees over you and your opinions that have been wrong time and time again. Remember the "Z30 is the last device BlackBerry will put out" . How did that one work out for you Troy?

Quote below:

"As a side note, keep in mind that we work with partners for all of our recent devices. Though the DTEK50 used the Idol 4 as a reference device, it is not an Idol 4. The more changes you make to a reference, the more potential you have for your cost to increase (which means a higher price). Make no mistake though: the hardware specs are different, the outer hardware is different (I had the misfortune of watching an all-glass Idol4 hardware case slide off my keyboard tray sitting at a 15 degree angle -- my DTEK50s don't!), and BlackBerry's security is baked into the hardware right at the factory with no middlemen."

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Which just confirms what Troy says - you get the misdirection about the case back and then he says what we already know - that they just get enable what is already built into the chipset.
    08-30-16 02:10 AM
    Thanks for participation everyone, but no one gave worthy answer about missing blackberry logo on dtek. I think they removed bb logo from devices because they want to sell device to those people who dont like blackberry logo and do not like blackberry haha.
    I think blackberry is worried about blackberry name which is no more honarable like old days and chen is fudu bnda bhenchod he is D I C K and he is responsible for today's blackberry condition , that's it
    Anyways I am waiting for dtek50 to relese in india. I will be still first buyer.
    Last edited by nokiablackberry; 08-30-16 at 04:38 AM.
    08-30-16 04:24 AM
    Thanks for participation everyone, but no one gave worthy answer about missing blackberry logo on dtek. I think they removed bb logo from devices because they want to sell device to those people who dont like blackberry logo and do not like blackberry haha.
    I think blackberry is worried about blackberry name which is no more honarable like old days and chen is fudu bnda bhenchod he is D I C K and he is responsible for today's blackberry condition , that's it
    Anyways I am waiting for dtek50 to relese in india. I will be still first buyer.
    Chen is not responsible for the condition that Blackberry is in today. He's responsible for actually keeping the company afloat and not out of business altogether.

And people in here can quote all of the marketing speak they want from Blackberry. The fact of the matter is the reason they didn't put a logo on the phone was because the phone was already made in the form of an Alcatel Idol 4.
    08-30-16 05:13 AM
    Chen is not responsible for the condition that Blackberry is in today. He's responsible for actually keeping the company afloat and not out of business altogether.

And people in here can quote all of the marketing speak they want from Blackberry. The fact of the matter is the reason they didn't put a logo on the phone was because the phone was already made in the form of an Alcatel Idol 4.
    That's certainly the most likely reason. I'm guessing it'll reappear on the Mercury device.
    08-30-16 06:16 AM

It is simply your opinion, not fact, as to why there is no logo on the front. The only people that really know are those within BlackBerry design. Factually many device manufacturers do NOT have branding or a logo on the front of their devices any longer. Does Moto? How about Apple? HTC? (yes Samsung and LG still do) If you read on Android user forums many prefer the face of their devices void of lettering or branding.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-30-16 09:43 AM

So Troy and donnation speak is much more reliable then what you two consider marketing spin. Ya seems legit since you two are always bang on with your opinion. I'm still waiting on Troy to explain his proclamation that Z30 would be the last device BlackBerry puts out was flat out wrong. He seems to always ignore that question. Since he is all knowing I would like to hear what his explanation is for that.

08-30-16 10:44 AM
    So Troy and donnation speak is much more reliable then what you two consider marketing spin. Ya seems legit since you two are always bang on with your opinion. I'm still waiting on Troy to explain his proclamation that Z30 would be the last device BlackBerry puts out was flat out wrong. He seems to always ignore that question. Since he is all knowing I would like to hear what his explanation is for that.

I don't know Ray, I can't speak for Troy. But thank you yet again for being the clear voice of reason here. You are always here to set me straight and for that I am eternally grateful. Cheers to you my friend.
    08-30-16 12:35 PM
    I don't know Ray, I can't speak for Troy. But thank you yet again for being the clear voice of reason here. You are always here to set me straight and for that I am eternally grateful. Cheers to you my friend.
    Glad you see the error in your eternally negative ways and that what you say has no bearing on anything as its pure opinion with nothing to back it up. Acceptance is the first step so I'm happy for you that you are taking it.

bh7171 likes this.
    08-30-16 12:42 PM
    Glad you see the error in your eternally negative ways and that what you say has no bearing on anything as its pure opinion with nothing to back it up. Acceptance is the first step so I'm happy for you that you are taking it.

Hahahaha, yes Ray!!
    08-30-16 01:49 PM
    Hahahaha, yes Ray!!
    See. Doesn't it feel better? Good job.

08-30-16 02:25 PM
    Time gentlemen please.

On topic, it seems to be a clear and sensible business decision to keep production and sale costs as low as possible by making as few cosmetic changes to the reference model (Idol 4) as possible - cheaper for BlackBerry, cheaper for the consumer. Remember, the DTEK is thought to be the new workhorse, the 8300 for 2016, which is built to work and work well first and foremost.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:38 PM
    Lol this is something people really wonder about? Sadly, for BlackBerry it's probably better if it doesn't have branding in the front, regardless of whether u believe it's just an idol 4 or not

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:45 AM
    How BlackBerrys are made has changed. If all you can see is the external package, then clearly the DTEK50 is not for you.
    So true, it's NOT.
    09-01-16 08:59 PM
    It was less expensive to not place the logo on the front of the device.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-02-16 11:42 AM
    It is not the costs. I am sure it was a marketing decision. Trying to appeal to a broader base.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:30 AM
65 123