If BlackBerry launched before Apple and Samsung, it would had been a huge marketing mistake because first, people will wait to see what Apple or Samsung will reveal, second, people tend to remember the last thing they saw.

The only way is to either launch a product months before (with the risk that competition would copy their competitive advantage) or a few days or weeks after, so that they can be last to present and can even underline their competitive advantage VS others.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this :-)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-05-14 04:14 PM
    Better right than first?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 04:20 PM
    Someone else said it here. They need to pick a date and focus on releasing it internationally at the same time. Forget about what everyone else is doing.

Another rollout similar to the z10 would be disastrous.

I'm curious to see how BlackBerry will pull off the manufacturing of the device now that's it's been outsourced. Surely the millions and millions of Samsung and iPhone devices in production ahead of their release is having an impact on parts supplies no?

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-05-14 06:50 PM
    Someone else said it here. They need to pick a date and focus on releasing it internationally at the same time. Forget about what everyone else is doing.

Another rollout similar to the z10 would be disastrous.

I'm curious to see how BlackBerry will pull off the manufacturing of the device now that's it's been outsourced. Surely the millions and millions of Samsung and iPhone devices in production ahead of their release is having an impact on parts supplies no?

Posted via CB10
    "It has begun"... a canadian posted that there is a big newspaper page ad... I think they'll do it right this time!

It is not a playstation4 released vs xbox1...

It's BlackBerry|Passport, the one and unique!

09-06-14 12:20 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry is covering both bases... announcing the Passport, in Canada, before Apple and then the rest of the world on the 24th...
    09-06-14 04:01 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry is covering both bases... announcing the Passport, in Canada, before Apple and then the rest of the world on the 24th...
    That's not a good strategy. It is basically the same stuttered rollout as BB10/Z10.

In the age of the internet, the rest of the world won't care about the Passport in the same way after it launches in one market (i.e. Canada). You really only get one product launch with the hype engine running full steam so it is best to do it simultaneously in as many big markets as possible.
    09-06-14 04:08 AM
    If BlackBerry launched before Apple and Samsung, it would had been a huge marketing mistake because first, people will wait to see what Apple or Samsung will reveal, second, people tend to remember the last thing they saw.
    Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, and pretty much every major OEM would not schedule their announcements before Apple if this were true. The "best for last" logic only works if you have a product that will upstage the competition.

Unless Blackberry has something else up their sleeve, a square phone with a keypad is on the same level as adding an extra row of icons on the iPhone 5. The Passport announcement will be completely drowned out by the iPhone buzz.
    09-06-14 04:25 AM
    Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, and pretty much every major OEM would not schedule their announcements before Apple if this were true. The "best for last" logic only works if you have a product that will upstage the competition.

Unless Blackberry has something else up their sleeve, a square phone with a keypad is on the same level as adding an extra row of icons on the iPhone 5. The Passport announcement will be completely drowned out by the iPhone buzz.
    May be yes, may be not...
    You know, an iPhone is and stays an iPhone!
    A BlackBerry|Passport is a novelity!

09-06-14 07:09 AM

Microsoft is big enough to compete with apple. Samsung, Sony, LG, and HTC have the same popularity because they are good manufacturers that uses android. Most Samsung users know htc exists and the others.

Hehehe
    09-09-14 12:12 PM

Couldn't agree more.
    09-09-14 12:23 PM
    I am tired of hearing that the passport will not compete with the iPhone. Look if OS users switch to iPhone than BlackBerry is losing. BlackBerry need to market and state they are using NFC payment with all the credit card companies. Talk about security, innovation, blend etc.
    Really need to hit the payment thing as well as the security.
    Marketing in the next few weeks is key. And not to just target markets. In today's high tech world specific markets are not as defined. Business users are casual personal consumers as well. Please understand this BlackBerry. We are routing for you. Hit the launch out of the park.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-09-14 09:24 PM
    Today Samsung and Sony present their new cutting edge devices, Note 4 and Z3, Apple is going to present IPhone 6 at Sept 9.
    And BlackBerry is going to present Passport at 24???

In my country there is a phrase that said "Who Hit first, Hit Twice".

Sorry for Passport, all the Hype is going down of the shadows of Note 4, Z3 and IPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Boooo

White z10
    09-09-14 09:34 PM
    Timing is definitely important for BlackBerry right now. Because they are a small player they can't afford to announce their devices after the major players. The launch of the BlackBerry devices will be overshadowed by the other manufacturers. All of the press will surround the other devices and BlackBerry will be lost in the mix. Furthermore, many people jumped to buy the new device the day it is released. While most of us here are pretty faithful to BlackBerry and will wait to see what the new BlackBerry device offers, many other people will already have grabbed the new competitor's device before the new BlackBerry is even launched.

That will all change of course, if BlackBerry can regain momentum.
    09-09-14 09:55 PM

Anyone remember what Samsung, Sony, HTC and Microsoft launched?

There you got it. After today's event, everyone is only talking about Apple. BlackBerry did a good move putting their launch event after Apple's. If you can't compete with them, don't.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:03 PM
    Anyone remember what Samsung, Sony, HTC and Microsoft launched?

There you got it. After today's event, everyone is only talking about Apple. BlackBerry did a good move putting their launch event after Apple's. If you can't compete with them, don't.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps. I guess time will tell. I definitely think that they would have been better launching a month ago.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-09-14 10:11 PM
    I'm not even so sure BlackBerry will be selling in the United States.. Chen himself even stayed his focus is not in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:25 PM
    Release in the fall and they are competing with apple. Delay it further and everyone has already spent their money buying iPhones and BlackBerry doesn't have time to market and roll out for the Christmas season.
    Sorry to burst your bubble... but BlackBerry doesn't compete with Apple anymore. People looking to buy iPhones at launch time never really gave BlackBerry a 2nd thought.
    09-10-14 04:49 PM
    Couldn't agree with you more!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:13 PM
    Lol geeez

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:14 PM
    On the flip side, BlackBerry have had their schedule set for a while. They are sticking to it, actually earlier than originally predicted. Other manufacturers get wind of this and push to release first.
    09-10-14 05:15 PM
    On the flip side, BlackBerry have had their schedule set for a while. They are sticking to it, actually earlier than originally predicted. Other manufacturers get wind of this and push to release first.
    Very good point. Certainly, I agree with you that it is good to stick to your schedule. I think that really hurt the Z10. If they had launched it on schedule it really could have been a game changer for BlackBerry. Launching it late was a disaster.

I'm still think they should have scheduled the launch for the end of July.
    09-10-14 07:32 PM
96 ... 234