Looks like after all it isn't because sony doesn't sell PSP acessories or ford doens't sell parts for the Ford T... Someone finaly gave a decent explanation, insterad of troling or flaming with mis-information
    I'm sorry that you took my comments as trolling. I was trying to say exactly the same thing as BlackBerry guy did but clearly it did not get across and my examples did not serve to help. Next time I will work harder on my communication and just so that we are clear, I don't agree with the policy either. I have the same misgivings you do. Especially the things you say about lack of entry level BlackBerry 10 phone. You are right and I think that is why a lot of legacy users has not made the change yet.
    Hopefully the c series will change that.
    While I do not agree with the policy, it is what it is I'm afraid

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:54 AM
    In Blackberry report, BB sold 4.3 milion phones, wich 3.2 milion were BBOS7.... so maybe OS7 isn't as dead as some might think, and my point seems to be quite valid... they realy shold invest in upgrading BBM on OS.... One of the good news of today's report is that BB did a good cash managment, having 3.2 bilion hand...
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-20-13 01:15 PM
    In Blackberry report, BB sold 4.3 milion phones, wich 3.2 milion were BBOS7.... so maybe OS7 isn't as dead as some might think, and my point seems to be quite valid... they realy shold invest in upgrading BBM on OS.... One of the good news of today's report is that BB did a good cash managment, having 3.2 bilion hand...
    In all honesty I am not surprised. The reasons for this is 1. Cost of devices and 2. Cost of devices.
    I would agree with you that logically it would make sense. But realistically they have let a lot of people involved in legacy go which signifies their intention to let it die.
    It will be interesting to see which way they choose to go

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:02 PM
    I suspect at this point beside the financial and time commitment it would take, they're taking an "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" approach. BBM on legacy has never worked on wifi without special provisioning. It's not like they've taken something away all of a sudden after 10 years, in which case it would be understandable if consumers are upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-21-13 09:54 AM
    I suspect at this point beside the financial and time commitment it would take, they're taking an "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" approach. BBM on legacy has never worked on wifi without special provisioning. It's not like they've taken something away all of a sudden after 10 years, in which case it would be understandable if consumers are upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I understand that, but I still find it weird, just because it feels wrong that a BB user has less previleges thatn a IOS or Android user, it is unfair for the users that are giving money to the brand.

But to be honest even I am surprised that BBOS7 sold this much, when I created this topic I had no idea it was this big, I thought BB10 would be selling a lot more.
    Now i'm quite curious to see the new "jakarta" device that Chen will bring... if it's going to be OS7, BB10, or something else.
    12-22-13 04:11 PM
    I understand that, but I still find it weird, just because it feels wrong that a BB user has less previleges thatn a IOS or Android user, it is unfair for the users that are giving money to the brand.

But to be honest even I am surprised that BBOS7 sold this much, when I created this topic I had no idea it was this big, I thought BB10 would be selling a lot more.
    Now i'm quite curious to see the new "jakarta" device that Chen will bring... if it's going to be OS7, BB10, or something else.
    It will be BlackBerry 10 but hopefully at the price point of a curve!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:14 PM
    It will be BlackBerry 10 but hopefully at the price point of a curve!

Posted via CB10
    That's the way to do I think... The only problem with BB10 is that the devices were very expensive... therefore it strugled to reach people that can't spend as much on a phone... I want to upgrade to a Q10, but is 760 euros phone here, over 1000$ in US money... And I strugle to pay that much when My 9900 is working just fine... But in the first half of next year I should find a good deal on a second hand Q10...
    12-22-13 04:31 PM
    I can certainly understand why someone would feel that way. But the situation is no different from an older phone or device that will no longer receive the latest OS updates. It has to be cut off somewhere, and I guess this is where BlackBerry has chosen to draw the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-22-13 04:51 PM
    That's the way to do I think... The only problem with BB10 is that the devices were very expensive... therefore it strugled to reach people that can't spend as much on a phone... I want to upgrade to a Q10, but is 760 euros phone here, over 1000$ in US money... And I strugle to pay that much when My 9900 is working just fine... But in the first half of next year I should find a good deal on a second hand Q10...
    Definitely agree. They had their strategy wrong from the start with BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:21 PM
109 ... 345