Does this mean we will be waiting for 5-10 minutes for our emails to be pushed through like on Android and iOS?
    If you are using ActiveSync, emails are instant!
    11-24-12 03:42 AM
    go talk to your average consumer and see how much they care about active sync and emails. I'll help, they dont care.

Isnt this mis-information? Every single day I delete stuff on my BB linked to my gmail and its instantaneously deleteing on my PC

OP, you project too much. Being dead for you does not equal everyone.
    Yes that is true. But if you undelete it on your PC, does it reappear on your Berry? This is what ActiveSynx does and it does it instantly.
    11-24-12 03:45 AM
    go talk to your average consumer and see how much they care about active sync and emails. I'll help, they dont care.

Isnt this mis-information? Every single day I delete stuff on my BB linked to my gmail and its instantaneously deleteing on my PC

OP, you project too much. Being dead for you does not equal everyone.
    RIM is dying a pretty quick death right now. 90% loss in market value and market share in a very short time.
    11-24-12 03:46 AM
    Shh.. don't tell him. It's much more amusing this way.
    BES is not using ActiveSync. RIM thinks they can continue to get subscriber fees by running BIS through NOC.
    11-24-12 03:48 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A and B – What Developers Need To Know �BlackBerry Developer Blog says that the dev devices don't need a blackberry plan but the production devices will need a blackberry plan so doesn't that mean BIS or BES?
    Exactly!!! You need BIS or BES. Blackberry plan means subscriber fees to RIM. If the carrier sells an Android or iphone, they make more money from the customer. No subscriber fee.
    11-24-12 03:50 AM
    if BES uses it why wouldn't BIS, the current dev alphas do not use BIS and are runnign activesync if i do remember right.

currently i've never heard anyone complain about their BIS service we have BBM, Push e mail, data compression and security all through this NOC, how on earth is this their bloody noose.

bud your full of crap but thanks for your input
    Consumers don't care about the extra security of the NOC. Besides, ActiveSync is secure. Consumers don't care about data compression as there are large data plans available for cheap. The NOC comes at a cost to the carrier. BIS is a noose around RIM's neck and they are being suffocated to death.

ActiveSync gives you push email and a better email experience than a Blackberry because it is 2 way and full sync.

BIS doesn't use ActiveSync because RIM would lose a revenue stream.

BBM is a dinosaur app that no one cares about. It has lost its relevance because no one uses a Blackberry anymore, save and except 5% of the market.
    11-24-12 03:55 AM
    Coming from vanvouver ...I wouldn't expect any better of a thread.
    How are things in Waterloo? Must be fun and laughs there right now. Everyone doing high fives and giving pats on the back for a job well done?
    11-24-12 04:01 AM
    this is great....
    fun reading for my weekend...

come on guys... keep em coming. put in some drama... such an amusing entertainment.
    maybe I'll come back tomorrow to continue this fun reading on a Sunday morning.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 04:37 AM
    Does this mean we will be waiting for 5-10 minutes for our emails to be pushed through like on Android and iOS?
    Mail arrives on my iPhone and Skyrocket at almost the same exact second as my BB. My life is not so fast paced that I take issue with waiting a nanosecond for an email on a nonBB device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 05:00 AM
    Mail arrives on my iPhone and Skyrocket at almost the same exact second as my BB. My life is not so fast paced that I take issue with waiting a nanosecond for an email on a nonBB device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree. While BlackBerries remain the preferred messaging and email phone, by a decent majority, I don't believe the whole "taking forever for emails to arrive," argument is valid anymore. In a lot of cases, I got mail on my Palm Pre Plus a good many seconds before my BB. And Gmail on Android is pretty instant. I love BlackBerry but I just don't get why people still flaunt THAT as its shining feature...:banghead:
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    11-24-12 05:18 AM
    If you are using ActiveSync, emails are instant!
    What if you don't? What if you have a simple pop3 or imap email account? I have a hosted email with 1and1.co.uk and I didn't want to pay extra for exchange, will I get instant email? With a BlackBerry I do, always have, and I don't need to know any settings when I set it up, BIS pulls them automatically.
    11-24-12 05:21 AM
    I agree. While BlackBerries remain the preferred messaging and email phone, by a decent majority, I don't believe the whole "taking forever for emails to arrive," argument is valid anymore. In a lot of cases, I got mail on my Palm Pre Plus a good many seconds before my BB. And Gmail on Android is pretty instant. I love BlackBerry but I just don't get why people still flaunt THAT as its shining feature...:banghead:
    Because not everybody uses Gmail or Yahoo mail etc, many use hosted email accounts, that's where the real difference is.
    11-24-12 05:26 AM
    Because not everybody uses Gmail or Yahoo mail etc, many use hosted email accounts, that's where the real difference is.
    Well then I apologize for the one-sided-ness of my post. I wouldn't know of such a difference.
    11-24-12 05:27 AM
    Well then I apologize for the one-sided-ness of my post. I wouldn't know of such a difference.
    Basically, no ActiveSync, no (native)push email on other platforms.
    11-24-12 05:36 AM
    Seems the OP is more worried about carriers paying RIM for BIS as that keeps being brought up.
    11-24-12 05:37 AM
    ok, at first i thought this thread was crap and i still think it is, but after reading the posts on page 1 i now have a question

on my bb9700 my emails arrive almost immediately, and i always heard you have to wait for like 5-15 minutes on iOS and Android devices (appearantly not anymore with ActiveSync..blabla)
    just a quick simple question, because i honestly have no clue whatsoever:

bb10 will use BIS (just like all the BB's right now, right?), will we still get our emails almost immediately or will we actually have to wait 5-15 mins now?
    i always loved how my bb9700 handled emails : )
    11-24-12 05:37 AM
    Shh.. don't tell him. It's much more amusing this way.
    lol true but its just so eritating when soemone spreads rumors like this, this is exactly what bloggers do and it spreads a bad word and leaves believes feeling unsettled even if its just a little. like with the resent rise in RIMM stocks and all the buzy about BB10 and now the hat from CNETs stupid article, as soon as i read it i was like wow this guy is tryign to harsh my grove
    11-24-12 06:04 AM
    Consumers don't care about the extra security of the NOC. Besides, ActiveSync is secure. Consumers don't care about data compression as there are large data plans available for cheap. The NOC comes at a cost to the carrier. BIS is a noose around RIM's neck and they are being suffocated to death.

ActiveSync gives you push email and a better email experience than a Blackberry because it is 2 way and full sync.

BIS doesn't use ActiveSync because RIM would lose a revenue stream.

BBM is a dinosaur app that no one cares about. It has lost its relevance because no one uses a Blackberry anymore, save and except 5% of the market.
    you can say whatever you'd like to, truth is you know nothing and now you're just trying to covince us that you have a slight clue when we all know you really don't. BB10 devices will support active sync, its already been stated in other threads on crackberry that if a company wants to go BYOD that an employee can bring a BB10 and still have it work mobile fusion will not be needed and liek i stated the current dev alphas and playbook support it so its already built into the current architecture
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-24-12 06:28 AM
    While we are on this Activesync love fest, can someone tell me why my Lumia 900 gets my Gmail half an hour after my "Ancient " BB on BIS?
    The surprising thing is that my PB always gets the mail a few seconds before the BB. Now PB is on ActiveSync as well, so why is there this issue with Windows Phone?
    Also I don't know how RIM does it, but if I read the mail on my BB the mail is immediately shown as read on the PB, but it doesn't work the other way round.
    11-24-12 06:43 AM
    Consumers don't care about the extra security of the NOC. Besides, ActiveSync is secure. Consumers don't care about data compression as there are large data plans available for cheap.
    I'm a consumer and care and the extra layer of security with the NOC

I'm a consumer and care about data compression (never ran into high bills with my BlackBerry, cant say the same for my Iphone and Android friends)

BBM is a great communication tool..yes 5% use it..however that's 5% in what, billions of people.. :-p

So yea basing your statement of "BB10 will not save BlackBerry" because of the fees based on the utilization of the NOC and the rumored BB10 using activesync or not (I think it's there's a big chance BB10 will be using activesync) is just not feasible.

Your no expert..I'm no expert..so let's just wait and see what BB10 can do and not conclude so early on..

There's room in this world for BlackBerry..and there's room for the average consumer (like me and many others) to enjoy whatever BB10 has in store for us..fees or no fees..activesync or no activesync..

Cheers.
    kbz1960 and convenor like this.
    11-24-12 07:02 AM
    this reading i'm having now is waaaaayyyyy better than breaking dawn.
    i can't for tomorrow i've got to read it now.
    come on guys...
    keep em coming..

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 07:36 AM
    I'm using a bb9900, and I have two hotmail accounts and a gmail account on my phone, and whenever I read or delete an email on my phone. It will do that on the pc as well...I've able to do this for a long time. Sorry don't know all this techy stuff "active sync" but I know what I do on my bb will show on the pc
    11-24-12 07:44 AM
    Do any one how to know to download bbm for iphone
    11-24-12 07:45 AM
    Do any one how to know to download bbm for iphone
    Being funny? Can't
    11-24-12 07:53 AM
    Here is an article:

Does RIM Compromise on Security by Using ActiveSync? The answer is No, and here

It states that bb10 will have the same activesync capability of playbook.

Quote:

How does all of this work?
    From an end-user perspective, the steps to connect are straightforward. Conceptually, from a management perspective, there are three options to connect your ActiveSync-enabled BlackBerry PlayBook into your work messaging environment (and these steps will also work for BlackBerry 10 smartphones when they are in market):

1. Direct Connection – If the ActiveSync interface of your email server is exposed to the Internet, a user can simply configure their account by adding the email address and password of the account from their PlayBook. This will provide full email and PIM connectivity and adhere to ActiveSync configured policies (listed in the Knowledge Base article below):
    Read more: Exchange ActiveSync support for the BlackBerry PlayBook

2. BlackBerry Mobile Fusion managed – An administrator can enable and configure an end user to use BlackBerry Mobile Fusion for device management, and provision the email settings so that when a user activates their PlayBook, their corporate email is configured, a work perimeter is created, and the IT policies set on the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion server are adhered to. Once the device is managed by BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, the ActiveSync policies are no longer applied or adhered to with the exception of the wipe command. This option also supports management of a BlackBerry PlayBook connected into a hosted email system (i.e. Microsoft Office 365).
    Read more: ActiveSync policy behavior when a tablet is activated on BlackBerry Device Service

3. BlackBerry Mobile Fusion with Mobile Data Services (MDS) – Similar to a BlackBerry Mobile Fusion activation, this option differs in that all work traffic on the device can be configured to route through the MDS component of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, effectively extending the boundary of the corporate network to include the BlackBerry PlayBook without the need for a VPN solution or exposing ActiveSync to the Internet to allow for email/PIM access. One outbound connection over port 3101 provides secure connectivity to your PlayBook users for secure remote access to email and applications – just like the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This is the solution recommended for security-conscious organizations that need to protect their corporate data.
    Read more:
    11-24-12 08:06 AM
273 1234 ...