It's your tone and attitude that rubs some people the wrong way. Telling me that I am clueless because *I think* BB10 will sell well. Who do you think you are??? Speak for yourself and try not to hurl underhanded insults at those of us that don't share your opinion.

CrackedBarry (Geepers, what a nice screen name for a BB forum) has never had anything decent to say. Every post is along the same lines as his OP. Give it up already.

And you wonder why I used the word trolling.
    I guess I'm not the only one with that view of crackedbarry
    11-09-12 12:00 PM
    Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door. Except that it won't. So no matter how marvellous BB10 is -and I hope it is marvellous -it will not reverse RIM's market share decline unless they ramp up their marketing efforts. I know people who use Blackberry phones who are totally unaware of the PlayBook. Why hasn't RIM told them about the product directly, in the same way that Apple bombards me with iPad emails (even though the only Apple product I have ever used, iTunes, I abandoned six years ago)? The general perception of Blackberry phones is that they are old hat, totally eclipsed by the Android OS , iPhone and Galaxy S3, and that there is nothing new to look forward to. I was in a phone shop this afternoon. A year ago it was full of BlackBerrys. Today, there were just two models on display, both Curves, aimed at the PAYG market.

Apple's marketing, in its totality, is why it is so successful. It isn't just because Apple products "just work". In decades to come, business students will study Apple's success with the iPhone and iPad as the textbook example of how to create a new product and make it sell by the shedload, creating vast profits despite it not really being the better mousetrap that everyone thinks it is. I am thrilled by what I have seen of BB10 so far, but I fear that RIM will fail to capitalise on their technical prowess because of poor marketing.

Prove me wrong RIM, please. I'll be waiting for a text or email to arrive on my phone, or an ad in the newspaper, or even on online news sites, telling me that BB10 has launched, full of innovative and exciting features that will enhance my life, and that I should queue up immediately if I am to have any chance of grabbing a Blackberry "London" phone. However I suspect it might be a very long wait.
    11-09-12 12:33 PM
    RIM has their own niche... If they build phones on Android like some folks have suggested on this thread, they will close down much faster. They lagged behind when others marched forward.. They just need a sprint to get back into the competitive arena.. Really hope that BB10 would be more than that sprint.. Across the world, people find BlackBerry more analogous to "smartphone" then anything else...
    11-09-12 02:15 PM
    Why hasn't RIM told them about the product directly, in the same way that Apple bombards me with iPad emails (even though the only Apple product I have ever used, iTunes, I abandoned six years ago)?
    I've been using iTunes now for about four years and have yet to get bombarded with emails about iPads, iMacs, iPods, iPhones or any other iDevice.
    11-09-12 02:58 PM
    Whatever righter of all wrong. That is exactly what my sarcastic post meant.
    kbz, you will be forced to have an intelligent tussle that will be short on intelligence and long on tussle.......lol.....Some are under the impression this is their personal classroom whereas they "instruct" everyone on the finer points of EVERYTHING......
    Bobcat665 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-09-12 03:41 PM
    Jesus Christ. Can't we have 1 thread where idiots don't complain about who posts what where. FFS.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 11-09-12 at 04:47 PM.
    11-09-12 03:43 PM
    OP iz a tule.
    11-09-12 04:04 PM
    Yes there is a better way and yes RIM Thor said they looked at android. The OP says use android OK they were there and did that and said no.
    Right. The OP thinks they should have gone the other way. He may or may not be right. Personally, as I said earlier, I have doubts about whether Android could have kept the company in anything resembling it's current size/state (though the OP acknowledged this as well). The point of the reply is that you belittled the idea with a sarcastic insult toward him, then simply called it "bad". I doubt very much that Thor would have done that to him, or anyone else, considering he "seriously" considered it.

It's troubling that you would be aware how seriously they considered it, and then - just because they decided not to go that way - belittle people who think they should have done that, on the strength of RIM's final decision. That is taking black and white thinking, and blind-faith to all new levels. IF you are using RIM's final decision to justify calling the other option "bad", then you should use RIM's "serious consideration" to acknowledge that it is not an easy call. If on the other hand, you simply believe the idea was always 'bad" and worthy of sarcastic insult, then you should deliver the same mockery to Thor for seriously consider it.
    11-09-12 04:45 PM
    Can't speak for Masahiro, as far as I'm concerned a FEW negative members isn't so bad. Negativity in the right balance keeps heads from swelling and adds some balanced discussion. When they're getting close to being half the posting majority, it's not a good place to be.
    Emotionally, I understand what you're saying, but think about what you're really saying: I think it's not so bad to have people with the opposite view from me, AS LONG as we mandate they be kept a small minority; if too many people don't share my opinion, then we have a problem..
    11-09-12 04:49 PM
    ^^^ And welcome to Lord of the Flies lol
    richardat likes this.
    11-09-12 05:30 PM
    This is such an open ended discussion. RIM says they are holding a lot of stuff back so we don't know what that is. Topic is moot until BB10 is released or leaked.
    11-09-12 05:34 PM
    Yet even after that long explanation, you still fail to answer my question that is, how those comments you quoted are considered "trolling" on a BlackBerry enthusiast website. This isn't Engadget or Gizmodo or any of the other (supposedly) objective tech sites, where open dialogue like what you describe is encouraged (and I'm all for that in the right place). This website, from its inception, has always been pro-BB. Your claims that those comments are trolling may be valid if this were an anti-BB website..
    I disagree. This may well not be a site for objective, open dialogue as you say....that is up to administration. I actually think it should be, and I think that is being encouraged, BUT even if it is not, that does not mean that every decision, or every direction by RIM must be unequivocally applauded and met with assertions that it must be "right". If people are allowed to question RIM's decisions, then what the OP asserted was trolling was not. If it was not the content, but only the strength of the assertion, then we also have a problem.....just as I outlined in my previous post.

The following is not a direct reply to you masahiro:

I am now going to speak with absolute bluntness:

This is part of the essential nature of CB. First, the idea that some people are "negative"....well that's subjective of course....many would prefer "realistic" or "thoughtful", and certainly it could be argued that it really ISN'T positive in the long-run to blindly be "positive". But let me for the purpose of this paragraph only, refer to them as those who say "negative' things, vs those who say only "positive" things. There are some people who will say negative things about RIM. For the most part, these people DO DANCE around the issue somewhat, trying to be sensitive to the RIM fanatics, and thus couch carefully their phrases in niceties and delimiters, whether they feel strongly about it or not. Moreover, though these are only generalizations, I would go so far as to say that these people also tend to provide reasoning and explanations for their assertions. These people include posters like CrackedBerry, Mike007, Qnkbelt, Texaspete, Esk, pantless penguin, ntoafanboy, reneebob, xandermac, Martymacfly, lak611, trelawrence, roozilla, howarmart,......Ok I have to stop somewhere......and many, many others (I hesitate to say any names, because I'm leaving out many valuable and prominent posters....that list is in NO order, and simply represents the first names out of my head at this moment). From what I've seen, these people vary greatly in their opinions, in the strength of their "RIM loyalty", in their view of RIM alternates. Some like MS, some like Android, some like IOS. Some use a BB right now, some don't. Some think RIM has a big future, some don't. Some are undoubtedly seen as more centrist, and some as more extreme.

Unfortunately, there remains their opposite: people who will say the opposite, without niceties - often blunt rudeness, or even insult. Even worse, they tend to resort to default attack replies with no explanation, and often, in any thread, on any topic, they find "negative". It adds nothing of value to the discussion, but only serves as hysterical finger-pointing at those who are seen as blasphemers. These type of posts often convey only the sentiments: "RIM will crush everyone. All others will fall. You suck for saying anything "negative". What a waste this thread is. Why is it here? I laugh at you, and you disgust me. RIM has 80 QUADRILLION customers....do you even understand what that means...stop spreading lies" These individuals, who do seem more unified under these simple sentiments, are passionate, and feel strongly that this place should only allow postitive-RIM opinions and discussions. In that sense, the negativists are seen as even more offensive..."how dare they spoil this place, which is supposed to be only for us". Perhaps they are right, only Kevin could decide that ultimately. (again, I'll note that "pro-RIM" and "positive only-RIM" are in my opinion to very different things....I will serve as my own example: I think RIM's future looks disturbingly endangered, at the same time, anyone who has read any post I've made about MS, knows I would give anything to see RIM be #3 over MS!).

They spend a lot of time "speculating" out loud about why the previous group posts it's "negative" points. They often believe it is only out of a desire to hurt them - a natural reaction when you love something so passionately. It may even well be. We will never know, none of us, the secret and deepest motivations of other posters. Some may well be here because they are enjoying the misfortunes of RIM, and it's most fanatical followers. I must confess, before coming to this board, I never felt any desire for RIM to fail, and while I still do not on the whole, I myself have felt, and have had to consciously fight against the occasional reaction of : I hope BB10 flops so that this smug, insulting, blowhard _______, cries himself to sleep next year! ;-) I actually have to consciously remind myself that I don't REALLY care, compared to the real issues in life, what happens to any phone company!

On the other hand, it's possible that some of the most positive extremists, only say unreasonably positive things in the hopes of getting attention from those who point out how unrealistic their position is. (I will ignore the tangent that numerous mistruths said about other platforms eg. jobs said he eats children! You can't even make listen to music while checking email on ios! (yes...this was actually said in one week where about 5 blatantly erroneous things were declared about ios) I know the positivists often use a default cry of "mistruths" about RIM, but I find these rare....most of the people here are pretty well informed about RIM, and when the media is frequently accused of "mistruths", I often find they aren't factual errors, but only "negativist" opinions)

Since nobody can ever know the exact motivation behind another....I always feel it's best to try to stick to the content of the posts themselves as directly as possible...point for point preferably. Generally, the "negativists" are much better at this....by an enormous margin. Now, this may well be because they are required to explain any vaguely "negative' position, whereas a positivist feels free to simply fling accusations. It is much more palatable here to have an entire post saying only something like : "If you hate RIM so much, why don't you just leave? RIM will be #1 and I can't wait to laugh at you and all the media when that happens!" ....one does not expect to stay long if one says "if you love RIM so much, why don't you just leave? RIM will be bankrupt, and I can't wait to laugh at you and all the media when that happens!" It seems likely that those prone only to the latter posts, have probably long since been driven off the board.

I strongly feel this is the truth behind 80% of the real conflict, and extraneous noise, here. The end.
    11-09-12 05:50 PM
    That's it!!! I'm officially declaring this thread (ond the OP that started it all) a TURKEY...

Why BB10 Will likely fail, and what RIM can do.-bush-turkey-fail.jpg
    anon(832122) likes this.
    11-09-12 07:06 PM
    Emotionally, I understand what you're saying, but think about what you're really saying: I think it's not so bad to have people with the opposite view from me, AS LONG as we mandate they be kept a small minority; if too many people don't share my opinion, then we have a problem..
    What I said is what I'm really saying and not what you're implying. There's a whole thread started by Kevin regarding cleaning up CB which can serve as your "mandate", if you will. Why the less-than-half negativity ratio? Simple. Positive posters with an opposing or differential viewpoint add to discussions. Outright negativity subtracts and depresses the overall feeling of the forum. The place has brightened up noticeably since Kevin and mods started cracking down on the negative posters/members.

Look at it like this: think of a concert (or any gathering) where the crowd had negative concert-goers (haters) that was close to half, even, or greater than the postive attendees. I've never observed that going well nor being anywhere close to fun; you?

9930+Tapatalk
    Bobcat665, richardat and bungaboy like this.
    11-09-12 07:50 PM
    My turn. Lets's bury this four year old thread where someone made a huge blunder and said "Wow! Look at those Windows 7 phones". Phones that even the wonderful maker of the hugely succesful Zune product has distanced themselves from and abandoned 4 years later. You are on a BlackBerry fansite. It speaks volumes to us that you are here. Even when you're with them, you're still thinking about us.

T.C.
    11-09-12 08:20 PM
    Since nobody can ever know the exact motivation behind another....I always feel it's best to try to stick to the content of the posts themselves as directly as possible...point for point preferably. Generally, the "negativists" are much better at this....by an enormous margin.
    Smells like personal opinion and bias to me...

Why BB10 Will likely fail, and what RIM can do.-holding-your-nose.jpg

AND I still wonder what part of BLACKBERRY FAN SITE the "negativists" here still don't get. Perhaps that's why so many of us here wish that they would make like a tree and get out of here!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 11-09-12 at 08:54 PM.
    11-09-12 08:35 PM
    Apple has a television?
    11-09-12 08:44 PM
    Microsoft did themselves no favor by not allowing wp8 update for wp7 users.
    11-09-12 08:47 PM
    My turn. Lets's bury this four year old thread where someone made a huge blunder and said "Wow! Look at those Windows 7 phones". Phones that even the wonderful maker of the hugely succesful Zune product has distanced themselves from and abandoned 4 years later. You are on a BlackBerry fansite. It speaks volumes to us that you are here. Even when you're with them, you're still thinking about us.T.C.
    I get the heart of your post, but this thread started yesterday.
    11-09-12 09:09 PM
    Dee dee dee! I read the date wrong! Don't I feel like a jack�ss! I still stand by my comment, though. If you want to pick on failing mobile technology, go knock on Mr. Gates's underground bunker.
    11-09-12 09:23 PM
    Here's public evidence to support my claim:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/05/i...ates-home.html

Nothing to download, just educational videos and pictures with an article. I think it's important to get to know the neurotic man behind the myth.
    11-09-12 09:39 PM
    Looks like RIM has their work cut out for them. Seems Sony has taken the #3 spot in smartphone market share in the 3rd quarter. HTC in 4th, RIM in 5th. Nokia lumped in with "others." Not that it really matters for BB10 since presumably it will require a new ecosystem, but losing market share can't be good. I guess you lose relevancy. So weird... who woulda thought Sony.

Smartphone market share Q3 2012: Samsung, Apple gain – RIM, HTC lose | BGR
    11-09-12 10:45 PM
    I wouldn't worry much about Netflix, Sky has already launched a service that gets movies way before Netflix and Lovefilm. As long as the content is there it doesn't matter to the user really.

Skype is important to much more people and I have word that it's coming.
    Will sky be available? What worries me is that there are FREE Craigslist Apps for iphone and Droid, Windows phone even has one for that.....
    ...To date Blackberry has ONE App for sale that's not as good as the free ones on the other platforms.
    ....It's this kind of stunt that's costing RIM even more market share.

I don't want to see RIM go down the tubes but stupid stunts like these are a self fulfilling prophecy....
    ...BB10 Needs the popular familiar Apps other people now expect, and they need to be there at launch.
    11-09-12 11:56 PM
    And your point is? I never said the Sectera ran Android. Neither have any of the other posters who have mentioned it.
    Oops. Apologies, I was merely skimming and didn't read closely. Reading quickly in the wee hours of the morning doesn't always lend to full comprehension.

Yes it's late, somehow the forums didn't feel like sending updates in a timely manner.
    11-10-12 12:28 AM
    What I said is what I'm really saying and not what you're implying. There's a whole thread started by Kevin regarding cleaning up CB which can serve as your "mandate", if you will. Why the less-than-half negativity ratio? Simple. Positive posters with an opposing or differential viewpoint add to discussions. Outright negativity subtracts and depresses the overall feeling of the forum. The place has brightened up noticeably since Kevin and mods started cracking down on the negative posters/members.

Look at it like this: think of a concert (or any gathering) where the crowd had negative concert-goers (haters) that was close to half, even, or greater than the postive attendees. I've never observed that going well nor being anywhere close to fun; you?

9930+Tapatalk
    Well, i can certainly see your point without a doubt. I think the really troubling thing about that kind of policy is the policing.....less than 50.....lol....not easy to quantify?? One particularly vocal person, and 17 less prolific posters, with an average 42% negativity rating vs. how many positive posters? ;-) Or could it be 25 threads with potential negative side of the discussion, to 50 discussions for which there is no negative side?? Anyhow, that would be the problem of the mods. I had skimmed the opening of that thread some time ago and.....well again....complex issue no? Anyways, I appreciate your thoughtful replies, agree or not.
    11-10-12 01:15 AM
197 ... 45678