I don't know why WP fans are so excited. WP is a joke and their market share is an even bigger one. Android is king and going to control the lions shares. It's really just a two horse race and apple is losing by a wide margin. It's a matter of time until iPhone users wake up to the fact their phone is outdated compared to the even third and forth place phones.

Posted via CB10
    The reason because WP fans are excited are excited is because. MS services have a lot of potential. e.g new Photosyth and Socl app. integrate it with WP and they'll love it
    12-10-13 03:43 PM
    I don't know why WP fans are so excited. WP is a joke and their market share is an even bigger one. Android is king and going to control the lions shares. It's really just a two horse race and apple is losing by a wide margin. It's a matter of time until iPhone users wake up to the fact their phone is outdated compared to the even third and forth place phones.

Posted via CB10
    If Windows Phone's market share is a joke, then what is BlackBerry's? Windows Phone is the fastest growing mobile platform in the world. I also wouldn't say that iOS's share is a joke either especially considering that Apple has sold up to 3 phones at a time while there are zillions of Android manufacturers producing zillions of phones. And I certainly wouldn't say that iPhone is outdated. Just take a look at benchmarks, the ecosystem, the hardware, and the features that the latest gen iPhone offers.
    Rello likes this.
    12-10-13 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think WP fans are excited because their phones come with interesting applications that are unique from android and ios. They can show off the cool features and interesting design.
    12-10-13 03:45 PM
    The reason because WP fans are excited are excited is because. MS services have a lot of potential. e.g new Photosyth and Socl app. integrate it with WP and they'll love it
    I absolutely love the way that all the Microsoft services are integrated with their products. It's fantastic. But I also wouldn't say that Microsoft fans are only excited for that reason.
    12-10-13 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Right, WP is a joke. And you think BlackBerry isn't a joke - at least a punchline? Losing market share, stock price down 50% this year alone, couldn't find a buyer at $9?

You really shouldn't be throwing stones at any other platform. Your beloved "ecosystem" has more than enough going against it.

Do you have a WP8 phone? Which one?
    avt123, ajst222, Drew808 and 3 others like this.
    12-10-13 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you're an android "fanboy" nothing wrong with that just saying

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    ajst222 and Savior4Life like this.
    12-10-13 03:51 PM
    Does WP have a file manager yet?

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-10-13 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10

Does BlackBerry have native apps yet?
    Savior4Life and cckgz4 like this.
    12-10-13 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    apparently. the Skydrive app on WP8 WILL become the file manager in WP8.1
    12-10-13 03:57 PM
    apparently. the Skydrive app on WP8 WILL become the file manager in WP8.1

Interesting. Plus there are many file managers that you can download from the Windows Store.
    12-10-13 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least Nokia is coming out with some nice things. Yes WP has a small marketshare, but compared to Apple and Google, all other competing platforms marketshare is a joke. That's really not the point. WP is gaining more and more and establishing itself in the mobile world.

What is outdated about the iPhone? The software? I can somewhat agree there, I think iOS needs some more improvements, all though it already does everything I need and then some. I would love widgets and more customization like Android. The hardware? You might want to check out the anandtech iPhone 5S review.

AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review

iOS does't need 2GB of RAM to not lag or run properly. Would it be nice to have like everyone else? Sure. My 5S hasn't lagged at all or ran out of memory. The A7 chip also seems to hold its own or completely blow out Quadcore Qualcomm chips in the majority of benchmarks. The screen on the iPhone is outdated though. They need a larger, 1080p screen (or maybe the same resolution as the iPads if possible) and they can call it a day.

Also, isn't Apple #1 in profits? I'm pretty sure owning the marketshare isn't their main concern. I'm sure they'd like to but insane profits are their main concern. They are already accomplishing that.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    12-10-13 03:59 PM
    Interesting. Plus there are many file managers that you can download from the Windows Store.
    So like ios you have to download an app

rthonpm likes this.
    12-10-13 04:00 PM
    t's really just a two horse race and apple is losing by a wide margin. It's a matter of time until iPhone users wake up to the fact their phone is outdated compared to the even third and forth place phones.

Posted via CB10
    If you call OWNING the smartphone profit share as "losing by a wide margin" then you have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about. No, Apple does not have the largest marketshare, but they DO have the largest PROFIT share in the market... and that's something every single company in the world would sell their soul for.
    12-10-13 04:03 PM
    Windows 8 will live because Microsoft throws huge sums of cash at it. People who think they tried so hard and got it right from the start might be conveniently forgetting windows 7 and 7.5.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and flyingsolid like this.
    12-10-13 04:05 PM
    So like ios you have to download an app

For now, though that will come in the future
    Whut? Ok...

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    Actually, yes. And a built in file manager.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-10-13 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry will never disappear and people are still buying their devices even though they are losing market share like crazy? I don't understand that logic at all...

And I think it was a smart move on Microsoft's part of buying Nokia's handset division. Since they are starting to create their own hardware (under their "One Microsoft" vision), it would make sense to create phones alongside their Surface tablets and have control over the smartphone production. I wonder if they will expand into laptops and desktops. Anyways...I digress.
    One word to answer your question about microsoft buying nokia hardware.
    Patents patents patents.

Microsoft also tried to buy parts of BlackBerry and the reason for that is patents.

The more patents you have = less limitations it's as simple as that.

Why do you think apple just patented the curved touch screen? They see the LG flex and samsung. Being apple they know, the more patents they get = more money by sueing the world.

The tech world is all about patents and marketing now adays :P

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:08 PM

technically. I would agree with you. But.........most apps are lousy ports from android and you can't really call Android runtime apps native.

PS. please don't ever mention the amount of apps available.. since over half of the app store is filled with maps and audio books whatever. :-)
    12-10-13 04:11 PM
    Actually Story Maker is pretty good

Posted via CB10
    cckgz4 likes this.
    12-10-13 04:12 PM

You're actually going to argue for the cause of BlackBerry having a good selection of native apps? Most real consumers would have to sideload tons in order to get the apps they need. But they probably wouldn't. Why would they? It's not a solution that a real consumer would likely go for. Downloading a file manager from the Windows Store, however, would be considering that it is in the app store and not a more complicated and less integrated process such as sideloading.
    12-10-13 04:13 PM
    One word to answer your question about microsoft buying nokia hardware.
    Patents patents patents.

Microsoft also tried to buy parts of BlackBerry and the reason for that is patents.

The more patents you have = less limitations it's as simple as that.

Why do you think apple just patented the curved touch screen? They see the LG flex and samsung. Being apple they know, the more patents they get = more money by sueing the world.

The tech world is all about patents and marketing now adays :P

Posted via CB10
    Apple can't sue Microsoft because. they have an agreement. which in WP you see that effect where you scroll to the top and it bounces back to the screen. But I agree. Microsoft probably has the most patents in the whole tech industry.
    12-10-13 04:15 PM
    Guys, it's not because of just the Storyteller app why BlackBerry won't be number 3. It is because BlackBerry simply isn't trying. They have sat on their @sses the whole time and once they finally realized they needed to come up with a new modern platform (BB10), they half @ssed it. Microsoft and Nokia on the other hand have been doing a great job. First off they created an OS that is actually different from the rest. Then it was marketed VERY well. Microsoft has done a lot with developers and it shows. The Windows Store's selection is quite good. On top of all that, there is a good selection of compelling hardware. It was all about who tried harder. BlackBerry thought they had it in the bag but Microsoft and Nokia flew past BlackBerry and they didn't know what hit em. Microsoft and Nokia have earned it. What has BlackBerry done to have earn it?
    Are some of you forgetting that they have been in the game for about 3years now starting with Windows 7, not just 8.. We've been out 10months 10MONTHS
    KemKev and grover5 like this.
    12-10-13 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wrote a paper about that. In four years, Android conquered 80% of the market, what BlackBerry and iPhone never have be able to do. IPhone already lost 8% from its 22% of the market (worldwide market)

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just like us blackberry people. We get excited about the slightest things because it make the phone that we are using and more competitive to the competition. BB10 still isn't there yet but since their base is being laid out with 10.2/10.2.1. They can start making features that no other phone has.
    I got happy in 10.2.1 when you can customize the top pull down options. Android has had that forever but I don't care because I don't have an android.
    Everyone is happy about getting android apps. Android has been running them obviously since day 1. Whether a handful of apps from android work better on BB10 is a whole different debate but for the most part the android apps work better or the same on the android itself obviously.
    Now I can open up a message from lock screen, android can do that but I only care about BlackBerry.

Get the trend? :P people are just happy "their" phones are getting better. When you are a fan boy you read things like BlackBerry can sync with my qnx car and think to your self this feature has the "potential" to be the top phone again. Notice that I put quotations around potential that word itself make fanboys excited.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    12-10-13 04:20 PM
267 1234 ...