Look at what is coming out of Nokia.

Storyteller vs BB's Storymaker.
    Storyteller lets you make cinemagraphs, stop photos, add map highlights, videos, pics etc.
    Storymaker is a powerpoint presentation...

If you haven't noticed. Nokia is pumping out not only compelling phones but really really interesting apps.Their "HERE" apps include transit, city guide, augmented reality etc. These are baked into their phones.

tl;dr GET IT TOGETHER BB.
    12-10-13 11:10 AM
    i kinda disagree. While storyteller looks good, BB storymaker isnt as bad as you make it out to be IMO. And its certainly not keeping BB from being 3rd
    12-10-13 11:13 AM
    i kinda disagree. While storyteller looks good, BB storymaker isnt as bad as you make it out to be IMO. And its certainly not keeping BB from being 3rd
    You are right story maker is not what is keeping BB from being number 3. My point was that the competition, Nokia and Windows Phone are trying. They are making interesting different apps that people might want to use. Built in transit app? Yes please! There are zero transit application that are worth downloading for me on BB10. There is a .99 MBTA subway map. It's just a picture. And it's an app.

Blackberry really needs to push. I feel like they are playing it safe with their homemade apps.
    12-10-13 11:22 AM
    I agree storyteller is not half as bad as he makes it sound. But I will agree nokia is making some great apps, that inhouse camera app their making is great

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-10-13 11:27 AM
    Is storymaker/storyteller something you truly need in a phone????
    12-10-13 11:37 AM
    I don't even think of my smartphone as a phone anymore because on the average day I don't talk on it.
    bekkay, Rello, Toodeurep and 10 others like this.
    12-10-13 11:43 AM
    Do you truly need everything on your BlackBerry?

This is something some people truly need in a phone. Why not? It it a great feature, especially if you are out and about and all over the place. This is something that really enhances your memories. To many people, something like this is really important for their personal and social life.
    12-10-13 11:54 AM
    I agree that BB will never be number 3 or better (based on what they're doing now), I don't agree Nokia's app will make a difference.

I will say that I use the Nokia Lumia 1520 and it is a GREAT phone.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    12-10-13 11:55 AM
    I don't even think of my smartphone as a phone anymore because on the average day I don't talk on it.
    I'm the same way. To me, my iPhone is a pocket computer that has the ability to make phone calls -- a feature I rarely use. Once or twice a week, maybe.
    12-10-13 12:00 PM
    Yeah I don't think Story Maker is that bad either but I think it could be a lot better, especially when they bought a company who basically was in charge of making that app. It needs more features in my opinion. I honestly never use it though

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-10-13 01:50 PM
    Yeah I don't think Story Maker is that bad either but I think it could be a lot better, especially when they bought a company who basically was in charge of making that app. It needs more features in my opinion. I honestly never use it though

Posted via CB10
    i agree.
    However i think the op is trying to highlight how Nokia appear to be actually trying to innovate whereas the latest innovation from blackberry seems to be "Make it bigger!"
    12-10-13 02:20 PM
    Guys, it's not because of just the Storyteller app why BlackBerry won't be number 3. It is because BlackBerry simply isn't trying. They have sat on their @sses the whole time and once they finally realized they needed to come up with a new modern platform (BB10), they half @ssed it. Microsoft and Nokia on the other hand have been doing a great job. First off they created an OS that is actually different from the rest. Then it was marketed VERY well. Microsoft has done a lot with developers and it shows. The Windows Store's selection is quite good. On top of all that, there is a good selection of compelling hardware. It was all about who tried harder. BlackBerry thought they had it in the bag but Microsoft and Nokia flew past BlackBerry and they didn't know what hit em. Microsoft and Nokia have earned it. What has BlackBerry done to have earn it?
    12-10-13 02:42 PM
    Sorry to say.. but BB does need some pointless gimmick to get people interested. My wife has a Note 3.. She showed me all the things it can do.. none of it she ever uses. lol lol But she wanted the phone because of those things.. doesn't use them.. but got the phone because of those things. Sorry to my wife who i love.. but people are easily told what they should have and they go out and get them. Sheep to the shepherd.
    12-10-13 03:00 PM
    I though BB was #3 already :s
    milo53 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:03 PM
    Blackberry needs a new marketing team, they aren't pushing hard enough, I see a million ads for iPhones and Windows phones, but none for Blackberry, this isn't good.
    beamolite likes this.
    12-10-13 03:04 PM
    The camera based applications for my Nokia 920 blew me away. So far, I have found the browsing the Windows Store on it akin to that of my PB were little interests me. Then I came across the camera apps...
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    12-10-13 03:07 PM
    If BB continues to make devices and be profitable do they really need to be a number? People/companies continue to use BB devices and purchase BB software. That is why they will never disappear.

Nokia sold off its broke handset division to Microsoft to right there ship. Dont forget Microsoft pumped a lot of money into Nokia and trying to make a successful handset...lotttssss of money.
    12-10-13 03:09 PM
    Exactly my point here. I don't feel BlackBerry is trying to push out homemade innovative applications. They should be experimenting like crazy and throwing out anything and everything to bb10 users to essentially beta test. BlackBerry Express is good but I can't use it effectively on my z10 because lack of miracast(thanks bb). I don't know what they are doing at BlackBerry right now. I am hoping Chen will start turning things around and get some actually good software and applications out to us users and to others.

Nokia's built in lumia apps are great, unique, interesting and different from the same old android and ios stuff. Instead BlackBerry has tried to mimic them instead of doing something different like Nokia. Ugh ugh ugh.

Also I don't care for making stories but I do care for making gifs or cibemagraphs. Nokia's storyteller can do that. All the gif making apps for BlackBerry are absolute trash, no offense deva. But they are terrible.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:09 PM
    If BB continues to make devices and be profitable do they really need to be a number? People/companies continue to use BB devices and purchase BB software. That is why they will never disappear.

Nokia sold off its broke handset division to Microsoft to right there ship. Dont forget Microsoft pumped a lot of money into Nokia and trying to make a successful handset...lotttssss of money.
    BlackBerry will never disappear and people are still buying their devices even though they are losing market share like crazy? I don't understand that logic at all...

And I think it was a smart move on Microsoft's part of buying Nokia's handset division. Since they are starting to create their own hardware (under their "One Microsoft" vision), it would make sense to create phones alongside their Surface tablets and have control over the smartphone production. I wonder if they will expand into laptops and desktops. Anyways...I digress.
    12-10-13 03:18 PM
    Why BlackBerry will never be #3? Because they will always be #1!

Z
    12-10-13 03:20 PM
    Hey guys, whats up with you? It's a blackberry forum not a how great is my windows phone??

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:22 PM
    ^^^^agree with this guy^^^^^

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 03:24 PM
    Hey guys, whats up with you? It's a blackberry forum not a how great is my windows phone??

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's a BlackBerry forum. And it's important to realize all of BlackBerry's shortcomings which some people have a lot of trouble doing. It's not perfect, and it goes both ways meaning that it's necessary to recognize both the good and bad. There are plenty of positive threads but the negative ones seem to slip under the radar and the people starting them are deemed as trolls.
    Savior4Life, beamolite and mmarco like this.
    12-10-13 03:27 PM
    storymaker/storyteller this one app isn't the difference. But I do like that BlackBerry is adding more apps and featues in BB10. BlackBerry Express is a pretty cool app for doing presentations and a built-in FlashLight is just so "what took so long", but still great.

MONEY - at Microsoft
    Creativity - both at Microsoft and Nokia
    MONEY - at Microsoft
    Software Talent - at Microsoft
    MONEY - at Microsoft
    Hardware Innovation - at Nokia
    MONEY - at Microsoft
    Incompetence - at BlackBerry
    MONEY - at Microsoft
    Positive Brand Recognition - both at Microsoft and Nokia (yes both have haters, but general population recognizes them)
    MONEY - at Microsoft

These are the reasons that Windows Phone is now the #3 OS Platform and will stay there. BlackBerry is at #4 with BBOS and maybe #7 or #8 with BB10... BBOS is EOL and will be going away, BB10 has a rough start and has not yet shown an ability to beat the last months sales figures, much less really gain market share. Wonder how many webOS devices are still out in the wild?
    12-10-13 03:29 PM
    I don't know why WP fans are so excited. WP is a joke and their market share is an even bigger one. Android is king and going to control the lions shares. It's really just a two horse race and apple is losing by a wide margin. It's a matter of time until iPhone users wake up to the fact their phone is outdated compared to the even third and forth place phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:35 PM
267 123 ...