After watching Apple conference on September 09, 2015. I feel like my bb passport is crap compared to iPhone 6s. I am resisting the urge to switch to ios and want to stay with my bb passport. But everywhere I browse on web or any news apps or flip board all I see is iPhone iPhone iPhone 6s. like its everywhere. Can someone tell me why BB passport is still better than iPhone 6s. Thank you
    09-10-15 08:56 PM
    Or you could just drop $1000 on an iPhone 6s and be done with it. If you feel like you're somehow inferior by using a Passport, then go.

Use the device which works best for you.
    09-10-15 08:58 PM
    apple stole our bb software engineers
    09-10-15 09:01 PM
    Marketing. Apple is very good at it.

 Classic
    09-10-15 09:10 PM
    apple stole our bb software engineers

Hmm.......I'm hearing the apple's latest os looks like BB10. If they can prove it then BlackBerry will get paid.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    09-10-15 09:11 PM
    Apple isn't that dumb...

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-10-15 10:49 PM
    Why resist.... If you think the Apple 6s is better for you go for it... sounds to me like the grass is greener syndrome ... why you would want to switch from a known commodity to something brand new.. bugs and all is odd.... in the end it comes down to do you have a need to follow the crowd... or do what you know... moving platforms is at best a tricky business...a lot of money invested for whim....
    09-10-15 11:11 PM
    If the the iPhone 6s looks like what you want out of a phone then why not go for it? At the very least you will get a chance to try out the phone and iOS for yourself. All the platforms have their positives and there are a lot of things iOS does well. You can always come back to BlackBerry if you find you miss it. And if you don't you will still have a nice new phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:35 PM
    Yeah, agree. I don't like typing on glass or reviewing emails on iOs or Android. Apple set the standard on quality built hardware and invest heavily in user satisfaction. BlackBerry ain't apple and I've made the informed choice for my preference for a pkb device and the utility of BB10.

The ipad pro, 6s etc all have the same limitations as their previous iteration. It's now better for those who use these devices in their personal or business workflow. They are all complimentary devices for my needs and I gave up the apple vs BlackBerry stuff after a few days with the passport.

I'd even suggest the 6S is a wonderful companion to any Blackberry, since some iOs apps can be magnificent.

Whatever your preference, staking a flag in the ground against one or the other is kinda pointless. Use what works

That said, key benefits of the Passport not present on the 6S
    - satisfaction of a PSK
    - LED notifications with Hub++ or BeBuzz
    - Scheduled email or holding email back with Email++
    - SD card and USB port (for a flash drive)
    - The Hub interface
    - whitelist/blacklist

Nothing new, just the fundamentals which make BlackBerry different all wrapped up in the gorgeous hardware which is the Passport.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 09-11-15 at 01:26 AM.
    09-11-15 12:17 AM
    I have an iPad and a Passport and days go by where I don't even take the iPad out of my bag, because the Passport does everything I need it to and, for me, it is just smoother to use and there's none of this constant pressing of a button at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I love the screen format on the Passport. It is perfect for reading ebooks and browsing the web, without the need to rotate to landscape.

And the keyboard itself is terrific. And the keyboard shortcuts. Wow. I use those all the time.

The File Manager on the BB10 lets me access my home computer, copy files back and forth, etc, no matter where I am in the world.

And Blackberry Blend. Love it.

And getting music and movies onto BB10 is, for me, so much easier. No need to mess around with iTunes. I just copy them either with Blend or using the built in File Manager.

Are there any apps that or on my iPad that I wish I had on my Passport? The only one I can think of would be a version of BBC iPlayer that lets me download as the Play store Android version doesn't seem to want to. Other than that I can't think of a single one.

That's just a few things. I'm sure there are lots that I've forgotten.
    QNX4all and John Villareal like this.
    09-11-15 01:12 AM
    I don't understand the question. Nothing has changed with the iPhone 6S announcement. Here are some of the things the Passport still has over the iPhone.

Software: File manager, Blend, Hub, smarter keyboard, Miracast, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth file transfer, NFC pairing, better browser, more professional calendar, mail and contacts apps, better integration between apps.

Hardware: bigger battery, higher display resolution, microSD card, more RAM, Slimport (with USB OTG), physical keyboard with touch.

If you value these, the Passport is still a better phone. If not, why did you buy the Passport in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheoRadu; 09-11-15 at 02:54 AM.
    09-11-15 02:01 AM
    Why resist.... If you think the Apple 6s is better for you go for it... sounds to me like the grass is greener syndrome ... why you would want to switch from a known commodity to something brand new.. bugs and all is odd.... in the end it comes down to do you have a need to follow the crowd... or do what you know... moving platforms is at best a tricky business...a lot of money invested for whim....
    ^^ I agree

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:34 AM
    Let me reply to your question with another question? Why you consider the Iphone 6S better than your Passport? Your thinking is just coming from the tons of ads or you have a mind on your own and can elaborate on why you believe that the 6S is a better phone overall? Please consider that the Passport is priced less than a half of the 6S and that it is one year old.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:36 AM
    Better? Depends always on the user. There is no 'better then' in smart phone arena I think. I like the BlackBerry physical keyboard and the bigger screen so for me right now BlackBerry Passport is the best. For my wife, her family members all have iphones and use facetime and imessage to contact each other so an iphone is best for her. It all depends on your daily use and preferences.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    09-11-15 03:27 AM
    I don't understand the question. Nothing has changed with the iPhone 6S announcement. Here are some of the things the Passport still has over the iPhone.

Software: File manager, Blend, Hub, smarter keyboard, Miracast, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth file transfer, NFC pairing, better browser, more professional calendar, mail and contacts apps, better integration between apps.

Hardware: bigger battery, higher display resolution, microSD card, more RAM, Slimport (with USB OTG), physical keyboard with touch.

If you value these, the Passport is still a better phone. If not, why did you buy the Passport in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly. Virtually nothing changed between the last year's decision between iPhone or Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:20 AM
    Agree with this answer. Although it is possible to compare hardware specs and define a relative "better" pick, when you add software then it becomes nearly impossible to compare objectively. After several years with an Iphone and moving to my first BlackBerry Passport I can say that this phone fits my needs better.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    09-11-15 05:44 AM
    Don't get trapped ...!!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:49 AM
    In the end it's all about what best fits your needs! Apple has a better customer support, so if you ever have an issue with your device, you can go to any Apple store and get help or a device replacement if necessary. I like the Hub, Peek and the Calendar integration of BB OS10, But here in the USA, the brand is all but disappeared off the map and it's getting harder for me to recommend the Blackberry brand over the competition because I have seen NOTHING come out of Waterloo to give us loyal users here in the USA a warm and fuzzy feeling?

I still have my passport which I think is a fantastic device, but I am using a iPhone 6 plus as my daily driver because all of my clients have shifted to IOS and Android, so when in rome, you do as the romans do, it's just the way it is here now. I will be the first in line to buy the new Android based slider device, if and when it's ever released. Blackberry has a long history of dragging their feet when getting new products to the market and are always to late in the game. I sure hope they don't do this with the slider, only time will tell?
    09-11-15 06:08 AM
    In the end it's all about what best fits your needs! Apple has a better customer support, so if you ever have an issue with your device, you can go to any Apple store and get help or a device replacement if necessary. I like the Hub, Peek and the Calendar integration of BB OS10, But here in the USA, the brand is all but disappeared off the map and it's getting harder for me to recommend the Blackberry brand over the competition because I have seen NOTHING come out of Waterloo to give us loyal users here in the USA a warm and fuzzy feeling?

I still have my passport which I think is a fantastic device, but I am using a iPhone 6 plus as my daily driver because all of my clients have shifted to IOS and Android, so when in rome, you do as the romans do, it's just the way it is here now. I will be the first in line to buy the new Android based slider device, if and when it's ever released. Blackberry has a long history of dragging their feet when getting new products to the market and are always to late in the game. I sure hope they don't do this with the slider, only time will tell?
    Say it ain't so Bakron1!

Not sure why having all your clients on other platforms necessitates you joining them? What they've decided for themselves is not the same as what you might prefer. You can communicate with other platforms without using iMessage.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 09:12 AM
    Really? You have to be kidding me. If you want an iPhone get one. I would use the original passport 10 years from now over using any iPhone as I find them to be locked down awful toys.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 09:16 AM
    I have an iPad and a Passport and days go by where I don't even take the iPad out of my bag, because the Passport does everything I need it to and, for me, it is just smoother to use and there's none of this constant pressing of a button at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I love the screen format on the Passport. It is perfect for reading ebooks and browsing the web, without the need to rotate to landscape.

And the keyboard itself is terrific. And the keyboard shortcuts. Wow. I use those all the time.

The File Manager on the BB10 lets me access my home computer, copy files back and forth, etc, no matter where I am in the world.

And Blackberry Blend. Love it.

And getting music and movies onto BB10 is, for me, so much easier. No need to mess around with iTunes. I just copy them either with Blend or using the built in File Manager.

Are there any apps that or on my iPad that I wish I had on my Passport? The only one I can think of would be a version of BBC iPlayer that lets me download as the Play store Android version doesn't seem to want to. Other than that I can't think of a single one.

That's just a few things. I'm sure there are lots that I've forgotten.
    I have a Lenovo tablet and my Classic. Same here. I use my phone all of the time and will use the tablet for reading. I find the Lollipop update to just have extra layers for me to go thru. My son has games on the tablet.

I love having the Hub, expandable memory, HDMI, USB2GO, NFC, Bluetooth that talks to other devices, StoryMaker (I make videos on the fly), PKB, PKB shortcuts and I am sure other features I forget to mention make my Classic such a great universal tool.

As for the OP, if u r ok with giving up some of the features listed by many of us, definitely give the iPhone a go. Nothing wrong with checking other platforms. I like having both Android and OS10, so I am better able to compare and choose.

Posted via Classic
    09-12-15 06:28 PM
    I love how the arguments are still that iPhone is a toy and how blackberry is still the working mans tool.. instead of saying hey some of this is good and blackberry should include this you get people telling you that you simply own a toy

well i work for a company with over 30 thousand in the business world...
    there is a crap ton of iPhones 17 thousand or so and a little over 4 thousand android phones all being used for business on a day to day use.

Blackberrys are even lower then the windows mobile phones on this network..
    I know I will probably just get flamed..

I am in IT and love technology I want to see blackberry succeed and used to use one myself

However the coments that iPhone is simply a locked down toy is a pretty big joke in todays market.. I can do all my work needs and more easily in my day to day work life - blackberry with the lack of applications simply can't even come close but remember I am simply using a toy.

Blackberry needs to start performing or there will be none some day.. they are failing year after year and its sad to me.

Also the whole typing on a keyboard versus glass is a joke argument as well.. its all with what you learn -- when I had a blackberry i could type 50-70 words a minute on it and I can do that and sometimes more with my iPhone.

instead of making it a war embrace technology and learn from others while some is done right and some wrong all companies can learn from it.

but believe me with what blackberry currently offers it isn't even close
    09-12-15 10:53 PM
    Because it is a BlackBerry 10 secure, productive and fun smartphone.

  
    09-12-15 10:57 PM
    It's not about which phone is better but which suits you better. Take some time to compare the features and decide for yourself.

Passport, SQW 100-1, OS 10.3.2.2339
    09-12-15 11:32 PM
    It's a matter of taste... Coca Cola or Pepsi... Mercedes or BMW... Toyota or Honda...
    The list is long!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-13-15 01:33 AM
47 12