Is it EA, you think?

Posted via CB10
    And EA deserves it...
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-27-14 11:17 AM
    I irony is amazing cuz iphone users don't buy products cuz their friends do Lmao what a load of ****.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:25 AM
    Like Michael Jackson sang, "I Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', You Got To Be Startin' Somethin'"
    "Yeah yeah....yeah yeah!"

Now it's time to tell them "Just Beat it!"

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    newcollector likes this.
    11-27-14 11:28 AM
    Lol its funny cause when I had my BlackBerry I felt really secure.

No one would ever steal it, in fact it was more likely to be brought back to me with a sad look of pity. Or you know in a club it came back with new hotties numbers in it(I like that!!!)

I was always confident that I was getting all of my calls and hearing all my notifications(having issues with my current phone for that).

Confident in my browser being able to behave like my desktop's browser(Had higher hopes for Chrome).

Very secure in that when I downloaded apps I could decide right off the bat what permissions I give the app.

I don't know I felt really secure and since I am in Toronto, it wasn't like I was that one weird guy in town with one.
    Fellow Torontonian here.

Funny how the under 26 crowds are split between females in the majority have iOS devices, males have Androids (again the majority) , and over 28 usually have BlackBerry's in the downtown business/banking core.

I love this town.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-27-14 11:30 AM
    I'm in Toronto as well and I'm not ashamed of using my BlackBerry Passport in public at all. I love the device and anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about business. Most younger people aren't too interested in it but the ones who do come up and ask me about it, all seem like professionals or business people, and not only are they impressed with the phone but they all respect what BlackBerry's doing business-wise as of late.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-27-14 12:00 PM
    How did you set it up to do that?
    11-27-14 12:24 PM
    I hate these threads. This is a blackberry fan website for blackberry fans. We shouldn't have to explain why we like or stick with blackberry to trolls.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    11-27-14 12:34 PM
    I hate these threads. This is a blackberry fan website for blackberry fans. We shouldn't have to explain why we like or stick with blackberry to trolls.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.1154
    No one is asking you to explain that and the OP's question isn't remotely related to that.

I'm sick of aggressive people on here who when an interesting topic comes up for discussion immediately jump in and call someone a troll for expressing a different opinion.
    11-27-14 12:52 PM
    And get more developers on board

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    This. I don't care what others think of me and my choice of phone. I do care when writers with large audiences unfairly malign the brand or its devices out of ignorance as it likely leads to reduced sales. That means less money for R & D, less interested developers, less carriers willing to offer the devices, etc. That all affects me. I realize I may be over simplifying here, but it all adds up.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:53 PM
    Is it EA, you think?

Posted via CB10
    Tech producers, probably.

Most hated on CB? Apple.
    11-27-14 12:58 PM
    No not insecurity but simple logic, the article is untrue and baseless PR I mean look at the picture of the phone used, a BlackBerry with a trackball, a trackball! Why not a Z10 not to even talk about the PassPort? Why pay attention? Because if nobody does the brand will eventually die and then people that actually "NEED" the phones won't have them any longer.....
    wincyUt and newcollector like this.
    11-27-14 01:01 PM
    OP, I think the word you were looking for is passionate...
    wincyUt and NaijaBerry like this.
    11-27-14 01:09 PM
    The way I see it is if BlackBerry was completely irrelevant you wouldn't see any thing about it in the media at all. The fact that you see a lot negatively slanted stories, usually showing pictures of old BlackBerry models as if that were the latest offerings, to me like it's a concerted effort to discredit the brand. An anti marketing campaign if you like. It's like a couple of bullies in the school yard kicking the guy on the ground because they're afraid of what he will do to them if he ever gets back up on his feet.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    11-27-14 01:14 PM
    OP, I think the word you were looking for is passionate...
    Passion is one thing. Being passionate can be admirable.

I think we get a bit too fixated on what this journalist thinks, and what that blogger says.

BlackBerry Fan Rage is actually something some writers bank on to increase hits. We fall for it every time LOL.

And then we have the hilarious stories.

I get that people love in different ways -- I do -- but I also believe that fans have a responsibility to be the biggest critics, not apologists. This is where folks like Kevin sometimes draw flack, but hey.
    Witmen and mornhavon like this.
    11-27-14 01:25 PM
    As for "in public", Most casual observers I have ended up chatting about phones with have assumed I was using an iPhone 5/5S when I used my Z10, or assumed I was using a Samsung / iPhone 6 now that I have my white Z30. These few people have always been surprised that "BlackBerry makes 'regular' phones" too LOL. None have been mean about it though. However, they say things like "yeah, some people still like them" LOL.

The Q10/Q5/Passport/legacy users probably get the most derision in public I assume.

Also: at the end of a night out when my Z30 still has 70% charge and everyone else is in the red, I don't think anyone would dare put down my choice of phone anyhow LOL.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    newcollector likes this.
    11-27-14 01:50 PM
    Insecurity implies a lack of confidence, a feeling of inadequacy, uncertainty, anxiousness, doubtfulness, self-consciousness, unassertiveness, unforthcoming, shyness... none of which I feel describe the people the OP is talking about. I'm certainly not trying to cover up a feeling or inadequacy or lack of confidence when it comes to my phone.

Passion on the other hand, strong and barely controllable emotion, appears to describe BlackBerry fans quite well. As I admit I am sometimes overtly emotional, be it love or hate, about BlackBerry.

The OP almost implies we are all ashamed of our BlackBerry's and act this way to compensate. I'm slightly offended to be honest.
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-27-14 02:01 PM
    BlackBerry users are using the the best OS in the world. They have access to the best devices depending upon the size of their pocket. Those talking about BlackBerry users being insecure are ones who are themselves not sure.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    thatplaybookguy and wincyUt like this.
    11-27-14 02:06 PM
    What do you mean I'm insecure??
    Just what exactly do you mean I am insecure??
    11-27-14 02:16 PM
    Insecure? Would an insecure person be dealing with governments all over the world on a daily basis? Would they interact with people from all walks of life? Would they be helping the same people with their career choices that could affect the way the rest of their lives play out? Well I dont really know the answer but that describes me and you know what phone comes up as a conversation starter / ice breaker? My Z10, and when I show dignitaries and heads of countries my phone and what it can do, suddenly I am filled with confidence for I use a true business phone. And they react in kind and mention how they miss their BB's. so far 10 have switched back.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-27-14 03:00 PM
    Mr. Tiwari, do you know or are you related to a Shawlani Tiwari? She was a friend I had in 1995, never forgot her because she used to do crystal ball hand juggling/dancing.
    11-27-14 03:02 PM
    Insecure? Would an insecure person be dealing with governments all over the world on a daily basis? Would they interact with people from all walks of life? Would they be helping the same people with their career choices that could affect the way the rest of their lives play out? Well I dont really know the answer but that describes me and you know what phone comes up as a conversation starter / ice breaker? My Z10, and when I show dignitaries and heads of countries my phone and what it can do, suddenly I am filled with confidence for I use a true business phone. And they react in kind and mention how they miss their BB's. so far 10 have switched back.
    But should your confidence derive from the device you use?

It's a slippery slope.
    jmr1015 and ponpiri like this.
    11-27-14 03:06 PM
    Why do people start threads that lump all users of a brand into the same group and then attach a negative trait to all of them?
    raino likes this.
    11-27-14 04:46 PM
    Why do people start threads that lump all users of a brand into the same group and then attach a negative trait to all of them?
    Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. We're told not to judge a book by its cover yet we judge people based on their choice of phone????

Hey if you're an a ho, it's because you are!!! (referencing people in general, not specifically you ) not by the choice of phone, car, clothing style, hair style, race or nationality.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    11-27-14 05:09 PM
    What's insecure about standing up for what you believe in? What's insecure about defending what you are passionate about? Maybe BlackBerry should have never started "fact check" because some how, just some how,.some supreme beings from above will come and correct all the misrepresentations and flat out lies about BB devices. Unfortunately people who tolerate or allow crap get run over.
    Anyone going against the grain can't be insecure and owning BB devices these days is no different.
    11-27-14 05:21 PM
    I would think the "insecure" would be the ones who want to carry a BB but are afraid of their friends comments. As said by others it is frustrating to see so many people that have no clue about a BB phone since the days of an OS earlier than BB6. The so called "experts" who have no clue to what the current BB phone is like or what the company is doing in making a comeback.
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-27-14 05:26 PM
105 1234 ...