Funny cause even my little Canadian credit union has a BlackBerry 10 app. What was that again?

Posted via CB10
    But ScotiaBank, TD only came out this year with apps....no RBC....
    What was this thread really about....
    Yes, i'm from Waterloo, ON and I still live in an igloo.....
    Canada is a far away country from the USA....
    shaleem likes this.
    08-21-13 10:25 AM
    Sorry buddy but everything else is irreverent. America is what counts. It's where all mobile computing ideas and technology come from and home of the two giants (Google and Apple)
    I don't think that is quite right. Ideas stem in equal proportions from places all over the world. America is great at taking those ideas and producing them into mass products (the sheer size of the economy helps), but the amount of ideas they come up with is similar to every other nation out there. Google and Apple are two great examples of this, they have an idea, and they produce it. The reason they are so big is that they have expanded and acquired international companies from around the world, and merged them.

That's the problem here in the UK, we are one of the leading countries (among many though) for scientific and technological research, but they are always taken elsewhere for production because we don't have the resources to take it on a global scale. Some do, but many don't.

BlackBerry could veery easily survive without America if they invested elsewhere, think about Lenovo, Sony (though their market penetration is slightly higher in the us), Huawei, ZTE etc. They are all popular in China, which to be honest is a much much better market than America. The reason BlackBerry is still in America? Because there are quite a few users and it has a much higher relevance there, not because America is all that counts.

Basically, they are in the markets where they see BB10 having the highest success rate, America is one of them because it has a large proportion of previous or existing BlackBerry users, not because it is 'where all mobile computing and technology come from'. Personally I would like to see them invest more time in China due to the large growth and increasing middle class

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:54 AM
    Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:15 PM
    Well, my guess would be, that all other countries are so far behind technologically, that their pathetic little fast food joints, and tiny national banks lack both the foresight and the means to make a mobile app.

The US is regarded as the premier mobile market, and home of the most advanced mobile technologies for a good reason, after all.

Regards, a Crackberry user who isn't American, but is seriously tired of reading anti american rants on here.

Outstanding.
    08-21-13 04:50 PM
29 12