Hello!

I've read lots of stuff online about adding a Gmail account as ActiveSync on my Z10, but I can't find a clear reason why it's better than adding a gmail account with IMAP. Can someone tell me why ActiveSync is better than IMAP for Gmail on the Z10?

Side-note: I get a 403 error when I try to add my personal gmail account as ActiveSync.
    02-14-13 09:41 AM
    ActiveSync is only available for people who have it setup already, or for paying Google Apps customers.

ActiveSync is in theory a more battery friendly setup, and requires only one account to be setup on the phone to sync your contacts, calendar and email rather than the 3 otherwise required (CardDev, CalDev and your IMAP email account).
    02-14-13 10:37 AM
    FROM Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help

Google Sync was designed to allow access to Gmail, Google Calendar, and Contacts via the Microsoft� Exchange ActiveSync� protocol. With the recent launch of CardDAV, Google now offers similar access via IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV, making it possible to build a seamless sync experience using open protocols. Starting January 30, 2013, consumers won't be able to set up new devices using Google Sync, however, existing Google Sync connections will continue to function.

read the full aticle for more details
    02-14-13 02:53 PM
    Unless I'm mistaken, Google has relented, allowing it to work until sometime this summer.
    02-16-13 01:39 AM
    Unless I'm mistaken, Google has relented, allowing it to work until sometime this summer.
    According to Googles help pages this is only true for Windows phones to allow Microsoft to build in support for the other protocols.

Update on January 30, 2013 for Windows Phone users: Windows Phone users can continue to set up new device connections with Google Sync through July 31, 2013. Windows 8 and Windows RT users can access Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts through their browsers.

Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help
    02-16-13 04:16 AM
    ActiveSync is only available for people who have it setup already, or for paying Google Apps customers.

ActiveSync is in theory a more battery friendly setup, and requires only one account to be setup on the phone to sync your contacts, calendar and email rather than the 3 otherwise required (CardDev, CalDev and your IMAP email account).
    Are there any other differences I would notice between the two options as I'm using my phone? Is Card/CalDAV push?
    02-16-13 11:50 AM