1) It's available on every network that carries Blackberry.
    2) It's the lowest cost QWERTY Blackberry.
    3) It does exactly what it is supposed to do.
    4) It is reliable.

Even without giant media hype, the Curve rules.
    07-27-09 12:38 PM
    I'm not a newb. Not a guru either. Presently have a Bold on at&t.

My question to the aficionados:

Many on this thread are saying a certain device is "easy to use" as a way of explaining it's popularity. Other than the Storm isn't a BB a BB. How can one BB device be "easier" to use than another? What do you mean by that? To me it's like saying Windows Vista is easier to use on an HP vs a Dell. Does the hardware have that big of an affect on the user experience? Educate me.
    07-27-09 01:21 PM
    Ummmm because it has a good form factor and blackberries before it were bricks and ugly. So this was the phone that not only did cool things but looked cool. Also it's on every carrier so. I mean how long did sprint and vzw users have to go before they got anothr full QWERTY blackberry. If they wanted a blackberry, they had to choose between a pearl, 8700 and curve. No brainer.
    07-27-09 02:32 PM
    its a rock solid device.
    07-27-09 02:36 PM
    To me it's like saying Windows Vista is easier to use on an HP vs a Dell. Does the hardware have that big of an affect on the user experience? Educate me.
    I'm new to the BlackBerry world, but I don't think that comparison is accurate at all. Different sizes, form factors, keyboard types, arrangements and sizes, and capabilities, all matter. It's not like the Storm, Bold, and 8330 are clones of each other.

At the heart they are all BlackBerries with much commonalities, but as my research in recent days just to become more knowledgeable of the BB world, they are not in fact the same. For some the differences may not matter much, but as always, for others such differences can be huge.
    07-27-09 03:47 PM
    i love my 8330. if the 8330 could always stay updated then i would be even happier!
    07-27-09 03:57 PM
    Powerfull sweet, well oiled machine
    07-27-09 08:09 PM
    It is available on which seems like literally every major carrier
    07-27-09 10:14 PM
    It just works...
    07-27-09 11:58 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD