ugh I bought my unlocked blackberry last wednesday, setup a plan with tmobile to take effect the next billing cycle(today). so i get up this morning anticipating turning on my blackberry and doing some net surfing and aim messaging and all i get is a data connection refused at the top of my screen. so i call t mobile and they tell me that since the plan was just added today it may take anywhere from 24-48 hours to activate x2.

so yeah I can't wait to blackberry it up and see what all the hype is about

that's basically it, just wanted to make you all aware of my pain
    02-27-08 12:31 PM
    Sorry to hear ur struggle. It will be worth it in the end.
    Hang in there.
    02-27-08 12:35 PM
    LOL sorry to hear that!!! BTW welcome to CB!!!! Once you get ur Berry up and working you wont ever put it down!
    02-27-08 01:11 PM
    Now you are HOOKED. Welcome to the CRACK!
    02-27-08 01:25 PM
    I feel sorry for you.
    02-27-08 01:29 PM
    lol thanks for the welcome. I've been looking through the forums daily since I found it, loads of good info here.
    02-27-08 04:00 PM
    Welcome to CB Jack.
    02-27-08 04:07 PM
    your plan hasn't even started and you're already hooked.. WOW!! Welcome to CB
    02-27-08 04:29 PM
    It will be worth the wait!! Welcome to CB!
    02-27-08 04:31 PM
    That's a standard reply from carriers. But, it should be a few hours. I'd do a battery pull every hour or so. Making sure you have EDGE, and not edge...
    02-27-08 06:17 PM
    That's a standard reply from carriers. But, it should be a few hours. I'd do a battery pull every hour or so. Making sure you have EDGE, and not edge...
    TMo is rather fast as navi says.

If you are not already up goto your "My Tmobile". Choose your phone, make sure it is correct. Goto your plan, see if your info is correct, if it shows your plan options, data plan and so on. Then click on your phone. From there goto the Tmo BIS site and click send service books. You'll be up almost instantly.

For the future bookmark your "My Tmobile". If you want to make any changes to your service do it from there. Do not call them. They have to pass the info along and that takes too much time. If you make a change on My Tmobile they ask some info to verify you are indeed you and the changes happen within seconds to a maximum of a minute or so. This is true for everything except changeing your plan completely. If you make a complete plan change that happens the next billing cycle.
    02-27-08 06:46 PM
    yeah I'm usually doing everything through my.tmobile. I think they had something wrong with my account because when i woke up this morning I took the sim card out of the bb and put it into my sidekick and everything was still working on there even though I changed plans. so once I got to work I figured i'd try out their online chat at tmo and see what the problem was and yadda yadda yadda my bb is working now
    Last edited by jack burton; 02-28-08 at 07:31 AM.
    02-28-08 07:28 AM
    cool glad to hear
    02-28-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";