Critical Vulnerability Allows Malicious Links to Wipe Samsung Phones

not me, lol...

go right ahead.

I'll admit, the SIII looked kinda nice at first,and I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon.. but this just reminds me that BB is on another level as far as security and I don't wanna have to worry about that...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 10-03-12 at 04:05 AM.
    10-03-12 04:02 AM
    Apparently, Samsung have already made a fix for the problem, but as some have already said elsewhere on the web, the individual is responsible for what they click on.

Few mobile systems are 100% secure, so clicking a shortlink without knowing where it's pointing is... risky at best and plain stupid at worst.

Yes, the GSIII is a very nice, having played with a friend's.

Either way, only a few months to BB10 now !!

Si.
    10-03-12 05:05 AM
    You do realize it's not an Android flaw right? It's a Samsung TouchWiz flaw which is also used on Samsung's Bada OS as well as Android.

For example, the Galaxy Nexus which runs stock Android cannot be exploited but certain Samsung devices running TouchWiz can be.

Even says that right in the article, you must have just only been interested in pointing out the Android flaws instead of presenting the facts within, lol.

I'm certainly no Android fan boy but come on now, sir.
    10-03-12 05:15 AM
    LOL. Careful, Blaize. Tread lightly...
    10-03-12 06:49 AM
    apart from security, it looks to me as if bb10 as an OS is catching up to android and ios... i wont be leaving anytime soon... and also, feature wise, i think there are surprises in store... just wait and see.. RIM knows they have to compete... it would be out of the question to leave features out (core features that the competitors have) so i think RIM will be upping the game with the features they introduce... i think these r the surprises they wanna show us!! i cannot wait
    10-03-12 06:50 AM
    Reading comprehension is sorely lacking in schools.
    10-03-12 06:55 AM
    You do realize it's not an Android flaw right? It's a Samsung TouchWiz flaw which is also used on Samsung's Bada OS as well as Android.

For example, the Galaxy Nexus which runs stock Android cannot be exploited but certain Samsung devices running TouchWiz can be.

Even says that right in the article, you must have just only been interested in pointing out the Android flaws instead of presenting the facts within, lol.

I'm certainly no Android fan boy but come on now, sir.
    I never said it was an Android flaw or that it affected every Droid, but it's a flaw that affected an Android phone, no? and not BB.. OK then.

and I kinda figured people would u know- read the article, which is why I linked it (which clearly says Samsung phones), so I was not trying to hide what was actually said, nor did I feel the need to include every detail within...

sorry if people felt I misrepresented what it was saying, but this is a BB site, so excuse me for being a little proud that we didn't have to worry about this.

I could have titled it "who's thinking bout leaving for an S3?" but same diff since the S3 is an Android phone...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 11-04-12 at 02:12 PM.
    11-04-12 12:55 PM
    I won't be, not again anyways. Been there done that and am right back.
    11-04-12 01:43 PM
    Well, I have to admit I have both an android and a BB. After having my Note for about 2 months I can honestly say its TOO MUCH. I know lots of techie people love the customization that Android brings and I tip my hat to them. I realize now that I'm not that person. Be it my age (38) or just lack of knowledge but I just don't delve deep into all the Rooting, ROMS, Launchers on my Note. I have it as "vanilla" as I can. I primarily use it for youtube, s-pen stuff, FB, and instagram. I know I'm not using it to its potential and I'm cool with that. I like my 9900 because it just works. No bells and whistles no need to worry about flashing a rom, or changing launchers. Some days I feel plain some days I want to snap and share pics via social media.

I like both OS along with ios for various reasons. I just picked up a Lumia 900 to play around with. It seems pretty plain and to the point as well.
    aragone79 likes this.
    11-04-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD