I've had a Z10 since 2 days after release for my personal phone and an S4 for about 2 years for a work phone.

I'm unlikely to buy a Priv unless I hear a LOT of outstanding reviews because I'm not taken by Android. I don't hate it, it just feels clumsy and awkward to me.

Z10 via CB10
    Just remember that part of that clumsiness in Android is actually the result of Samsung's Touch Wiz UI over Android.

It appears that BlackBerry will not bloat up the UI quite as much as Samsung does (which is basically a total cover up).

But, we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:52 PM
    I might give it a try, it all depends on price and availability.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:32 AM
    No one

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-15 07:33 AM
    Has Hell frozen over?
    10-10-15 07:46 AM
    I like my Passport, really do.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:50 AM
    Downgrade?
    10-10-15 07:55 AM
    Maybe. It will be the best BlackBerry by a country mile.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:01 AM
    I have a Passport right now, I'll be getting the Priv when it's released!
    10-10-15 08:16 AM
    Z10.

On the fence. Don't like the physical keyboard and the slider part. Need to know how BlackBerry is going to secure it and make it private. That remains to be a huge unanswered question.

Choices are Z30, Priv, or Samsung S6.

I have Verizon, therefore my choices of bringing an unlocked phone to my plan is not an option, otherwise if going Android I would prefer the ASUS, Zenphone 2, but T-Mobile and AT&T suck.

Posted via CB10
    I'm also with Verizon (Z30) and posted in the Verizon forum about the lack of options for those of us wanting or needing to stay with Verizon, but not wanting the Priv or any Android or iOS device. We really do not have a choice. So, if going Android I would consider the Priv. I think I'll pick up a second Z30 as a spare and take the wait-and-see approach.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    10-10-15 11:19 AM
    No one

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not according to a lot of the responses in this thread, or the poll Bla1se mentioned on the main CB page a few days ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:52 AM
    The Priv can't be an upgrade if it's a completely different phone. Just like the Passport Silver Edition isn't the upgrade to the Passport.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    10-10-15 06:38 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is different from Android : it's the whole experience that makes the difference.

And normally Android is for apps, not as pleasant as it comes to activities.

___BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    10-10-15 06:49 PM
    I have a z30 and love it and I will not be upgrading to the priv I was hoping for a z30 upgrade
    Lmao! They're not going to do another z30 or z10 upgrade. It's pointless. There are already plenty of candy bar style looking phones out there and BlackBerry is only going to compete if they make it as unique as the passport or priv.

I gota admit the z30 and z10 users are getting a bit bitter and need to move on. It's going to be 2025 and most of you will be protesting with your z30s. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 06:52 PM
    Lmao! They're not going to do another z30 or z10 upgrade. It's pointless. There are already plenty of candy bar style looking phones out there and BlackBerry is only going to compete if they make it as unique as the passport or priv.

I gota admit the z30 and z10 users are getting a bit bitter and need to move on. It's going to be 2025 and most of you will be protesting with your z30s. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    That is because 99 percent of Smartphone users and buyers want a phone that is or similar to an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy.

If BlackBerry can add value to Android then an all touch would sell better than the slider. A backwards paradigm shift is not happening.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:04 PM
    Not buying Priv as it has no BlackBerry system. It's a downgrade in UX and UI.

Ready to wait 3 more years. Satisfied with current phone.

2012-15 : Curve 8520 (OS 5.0)
    2015-18 : Z3 (OS 10.3.2)

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    Last edited by mas_quemex; 10-11-15 at 07:08 PM.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    10-11-15 07:50 AM
    There is no "upgrade" from a Passport....

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:49 AM
    1) Z30

2) love my Z30 and BB10 but I'm starting to miss some apps and notifications. Was getting very close to trying out android. Perfect solution for me, plus it'll be the torch that I never got a chance to buy.

Graduated to zedthirty with priv in my sights
    10-11-15 09:38 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is different from Android : it's the whole experience that makes the difference.

And normally Android is for apps, not as pleasant as it comes to activities.

___BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    I have to disagree. I was using a Note 4 until about a week ago when it was dropped and the screen shattered. I am back on my Q10 and I have to tell you, BB10 is a far less productive OS. I know that's not a popular opinion on this site but.... There are a lot of great apps available for BB but the synergy between Android/Drive/Keep/Photos (I could go on) is killer! I can do work on my computer, save it to drive, and its available any time I want it. I can take photos on Android and every single photo is uploaded to Google, UNLIMITED, and its instantaneous. Its not that BB doe not offer many of these features, its that everything works so well together on Android. Another example is I can save websites and passwords on either device and its automatically available to any other system under my login. I use a lot of websites for work that require constant user logins. I open it on my phone and my password is already saved from when I entered it on my desktop.

I think if BB does this right, this is gonna be killer. They don't want to be just like every other manufacturer and just offer cool devices (the Priv is very cool). They are offering a more secure device which will differentiate them from others. There are so many incredible minds out there thinking up and developing exciting apps that will now be available to you. It was nice that BB offered the Android apps but it wasn't the whole tamale.

This however is my BIGGEST concern. BB has to be very careful not to bog down Android like Samsung does. I am anxiously waiting to see the retail version of this phone. Its either the Priv or Nexus for me. I don't mind if they put some bloat on the Priv but if they do, it better be completely removable. Not just disabled, removed. This is why I will never buy another Samsung unless they stop with their overloading of factory apps. Also, I worry very much about cell provider apps too. If their agreements with the providers require them to load up a bunch of crap apps that I cant delete then they hopefully will offer a BB direct version of the device that has none of that crap. If I am paying full price for the phone I should be able to completely dictate what software lives on it. If its not subsidized, then it must be free of that crap. Same for some of the BB apps. If I find them unnecessary or of poor quality, I want to be able to remove them.

As for the OS. I hope they are very vocal about Android updates. Thats another great thing about Nexus, you get the latest. I dont expect them to have the latest OS like Marshmallow right off the bat because they are doing more to secure the phone. They would best server the BB community however by providing quick updates and/or great communication about them.

So will I buy?
    Priv if the software is right
    Nexus if not.
    10-11-15 10:09 AM
    1) that factory unlocked BlackBerry Z30 though.

2) only if it has all the things I prefer of BlackBerry 10 and all the things I prefer of Android

3) if it doesn't have what number 2 states and or if it's a laggy POS. My Z30 is already lagging sometimes and I can't believe it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:26 AM
    ...BB10 is a far less productive OS... I can do work on my computer, save it to drive, and its available any time I want it. I can take photos on Android and every single photo is uploaded to Google, UNLIMITED, and its instantaneous...
    You can do that with BB10 too. Enable auto sync & connect to One Drive.

... Another example is I can save websites and passwords on either device and its automatically available to any other system under my login.
    You can do that with BB10 too. Enable auto sync in Password Keeper. (Test it by adding dummy entry. It will sync immediately after save.)

Many Android users don't know to use basic features of a smartphone (smart dialling without area codes). App settings are almost always set at default (not custom).

This is the power of marketing. BlackBerry system is obviously superior to Android system.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (Airtel / STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    10-11-15 10:41 AM
    You can do that with BB10 too. Enable auto sync & connect to One Drive.

You can do that with BB10 too. Enable auto sync in Password Keeper. (Test it by adding dummy entry. It will sync immediately after save.)

Many Android users don't know to use basic features of a smartphone (smart dialling without area codes). App settings are almost always set at default (not custom).

This is the power of marketing. BlackBerry system is obviously superior to Android system.

BB10 is not "obviously" the superior system. There is NO comparison between the harmony of IOS to Apple and its products or Android and Google or the countless apps available. Not to mention, the millions of users that either make or break a product. I am using BB10, its nice, its stable, but Android was stable too. Most problems associated with Andorid are from the manufacturers that bloat their devices. Nexus users have phones that remain clean and snappy for years.

Also, the examples you gave me are workarounds for the typical user. The vast majority of PC users out there use Chrome. Heck, even Apple users can use chrome and drive on their devices and have a similar experience.

This is a VERY smart move for BB. They have to reach the masses, not the few holdouts that want to use something different. The Priv just might do that.
    10-11-15 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    People completely crack me up with how often they believe a user needs to update a mobile device. The greatness of BlackBerry 10 is that is has done nothing but improve. My Z10 and Z30 are better than the day they were purchased. I went and looked at other flagships at Best Buy a week or so ago and what I discovered is that there is nothing out there to date that makes me want or need to get anything different. (and I can afford any) No other device or OS is yet to match the efficiency of the HUB and flick and swipe VKB in running my business and 5 active emails. Unfortunately this does not bode well for me as one likely to upgrade. I own 4 Samsung Tab Pro tablets and Android is just not all that impressive in comparison to BlackBerry 10. I'll simply be content with BlackBerry 10 and the next few updates. (the Z10 and Z30 are and were such underrated mobile devices and all the others in my opinion are grossly overrated- especially the iPhone 6 and S6)

Z10 on 10.3.2
    10-11-15 12:23 PM
    I'd prefer a Q10 followup with modern specs, but BB10 is really starting to feel a little under-maintained (noticing bugginess, slowness, and instability that wasn't present prior to 10.3, and has worsened with the firing of so many BB10 devs).

I just don't know what else to try. Win10 seems like a crapshoot, what with Snowden's recent revelations about Microsoft's swiss cheese operating systems and lying down for the government. iOS honestly seems the most reasonable to me right now, from a privacy and security perspective anyway. But I just don't like the OS.

I'll give the Priv a try because of this. The bb10 native browser just hasn't been maintained (and it was once the best browser I had ever used). See how Android is, try to avoid google services.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:33 PM
    No upgrade is over bb10... Priv will be a new phone for me... Priv is not an upgrade for me over Passport.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    10-11-15 12:44 PM
    Not me - following the recent comments of John Chen after my Z30 gives up I will be off to another platform where there is at least a medium to long term future and confidence in the operating system.

It's not something I want to do but if BlackBerry aren't confident beyond 2016 then why should I invest in a dead system.

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    10-11-15 05:02 PM
101 ... 2345