Looks like this may be Blackberry's last phone. So who's going to give it a go?
    enrod87 likes this.
    07-26-16 06:42 PM
    if i can: play with it in a store first, AND if i can sell my iPhone SE and/or Passport.
    07-26-16 07:04 PM
    Looks like this may be Blackberry's last phone. So who's going to give it a go?
    No IT'S NOT.. Another Android device with a keyboard is coming soon.. No misleading Info Gents.
    07-26-16 07:09 PM
    We have a place for this...Just a FYI...
    BlackBerry DTEK50 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    07-26-16 07:30 PM
    NOPE, can you guess why?
    07-26-16 07:37 PM
    NOPE, can you guess why?
    You're a hardcore BB10 fan..
    07-26-16 07:51 PM
    if i can: play with it in a store first, AND if i can sell my iPhone SE and/or Passport.
    You won't have a problem selling either of those.
    Ronindan likes this.
    07-26-16 08:32 PM
    Not personally but I'd like to see it do well and get them some money, if and only if they are going to be continuing to make PKB devices otherwise I couldn't care less.
    07-27-16 07:29 AM
    I love th Classic and the keyboard. Any new phone needs that keyboard for me. Sad that the Classic was put down so quickly.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-27-16 07:44 AM
    I love th Classic and the keyboard. Any new phone needs that keyboard for me. Sad that the Classic was put down so quickly.

Posted via CB10
    So quickly... the Classic was launched in Dec of 2014.

Do think they should have had its replacement in the market before they EOL it (or ran out of old parts to build it). But they may have enough inventory of the Classic to last until the new PKB is launched....
    07-27-16 07:50 AM
    If you are in the market for a low end Android phone then why not?
    07-27-16 07:57 AM
    As of right now, the Classic is still being advertised on their site and being sold in the UK.

I'd rather have one of them than a BB-branded all-touch Android
    acovey and LuxuryTouringZone like this.
    07-27-16 08:14 AM
    If you are in the market for a low end Android phone then why not?
    I doubt anyone is "really" in the market for a low end Android phone. Their budget might limit them to a particular price point, and they then have to find a device that meets that price point. Which most every Android OEM out there has either a marked down flagship from last year or a band new "economy" phone that hits all around the DTEK50 price.

So it comes down to what do you want..... do yo want a phone with security features you don't really understand? Do you want one that is water and dust proof? one that has a shatter resistant screen? one that has a really large battery? one that has a great camera? one that looks really nice? one that has a recognizable name that you trust? one that comes is different colors? one that you can walk into a store and hold and play with before you buy it?

But if you are a fan of BlackBerry because....
    • Push Email got you emails faster with less battery impact
    • BBM was popular and everyone had it
    • Devices were high quality and lasted forever.
    • Could count on staying in communication even when others couldn't
    • Keyboard was second to none and was what you were use to

Then I don't think the question is WHY NOT, but WHY? As none of that really applies to the BlackBerry of today. It's really only the Security/Privacy features that are still there, but I don't know how many of us really came for that.
    07-27-16 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry are currently advertising the DTEK on LinkedIn as being a good phone for taking selfies with. Not a peep about the 'secret sauce'. They are completely clueless.
    07-27-16 08:44 AM
    So quickly... the Classic was launched in Dec of 2014.

Do think they should have had its replacement in the market before they EOL it (or ran out of old parts to build it). But they may have enough inventory of the Classic to last until the new PKB is launched....
    Like you said, they should've waited until a replacement was introduced.. The perfect timing would be discontinuing it when the Rome is released.. In my opinion when it comes to the classic, it wasn't about the less than 2 years release date but rather about the parts.
    07-27-16 11:28 AM
    Doubt it, have the PRIV for work and my trusty Z10 for personal - still working like a charm.
    07-27-16 11:48 AM
    Not me. I only pay $699 Canadian or more on phones.

Anything less than that feels cheap.

Nexus 6p 64gb
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    07-27-16 12:12 PM
    Strangely I am interested, I've got a passport and will be looking to change, when (if) whatsapp is unavailable and I'm just not sure about the priv, this looks decent but I'm still hedging on the mercury Rome.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 02:42 PM
    You're a hardcore BB10 fan..
    Very good.
    07-27-16 07:41 PM
    Not me, you can do better at that price. Nice attempt but there are soooo many options at that price that there isn't any incentive to get a BBRY. And of course another uninspired name.
    07-27-16 07:57 PM
    Nope. No PKB, no sale. Besides my Priv is nowhere near the end of its life.
    07-27-16 11:06 PM
    I doubt anyone is "really" in the market for a low end Android phone. Their budget might limit them to a particular price point, and they then have to find a device that meets that price point. Which most every Android OEM out there has either a marked down flagship from last year or a band new "economy" phone that hits all around the DTEK50 price.

So it comes down to what do you want..... do yo want a phone with security features you don't really understand? Do you want one that is water and dust proof? one that has a shatter resistant screen? one that has a really large battery? one that has a great camera? one that looks really nice? one that has a recognizable name that you trust? one that comes is different colors? one that you can walk into a store and hold and play with before you buy it?

But if you are a fan of BlackBerry because....
    • Push Email got you emails faster with less battery impact
    • BBM was popular and everyone had it
    • Devices were high quality and lasted forever.
    • Could count on staying in communication even when others couldn't
    • Keyboard was second to none and was what you were use to

Then I don't think the question is WHY NOT, but WHY? As none of that really applies to the BlackBerry of today. It's really only the Security/Privacy features that are still there, but I don't know how many of us really came for that.

Well said brother because i'm in same boat for this statement "[*]Push Email got you emails faster with less battery "

Posted via my Z30 white STA 100-2 / 10.3.2.2836
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-27-16 11:19 PM
    Hmm. I paid too much for low end specs from BlackBerry for a decade. Why stop now?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    neoberry99 and JeepBB like this.
    07-27-16 11:46 PM
    07-28-16 12:16 AM
    My lady requires a good camera, so she's set on the LG G4 ever since she saw the pictures taken by her coworker's phone.

I just got my Passport and I'm not ready to go Android yet. The PP will probably be replaced by an iphone 6 way down the road.

So... probably not.
    07-28-16 07:27 AM
47 12