At $40?!

As a beta, it was a pretty stellar program, though due to its lack of device integration (being able to skip tracks using Volume up/down, pausing using Mute key ALL while outside of the media program) I felt it was just luxurious and kept it just cause it was kinda pretty.

$30-$40 program? Wowzers.

It's good, but I have a solid media player already called Media.
    05-26-08 02:08 PM
    I wish RIM buy it, and integrated as the media player. i don't think is worth the $30
    05-26-08 02:18 PM
    yes i hear that....
    05-26-08 02:19 PM
    Beta testers can get it for $19.99 for a limited time but I honestly don't think I would pay that much for a media player. Maybe $10 though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 05:16 PM
    I liked it alittle but I prefer the regular media player I would never buy it.

05-26-08 05:22 PM
    I tested the betas, it's a GOOD program, but not GREAT...

Definitely not even close to a $40 value, and even the 50% discount isn't attractive to me for it.

I'd pay $9.99 tops as well
    05-26-08 05:37 PM
    I'll stick with my 80 gig iPod.
    05-26-08 05:40 PM
    I tested it for a minute and maybe it's me, but I couldnt find anything that it did so spectacularly different than what the built-in media player did.

I'll stick with my 80 gig iPod.
    I couldnt agree with you more. Many people talk about not wanting to carry 2 devices, but I'm actually one that doesnt mind. I gave my 80Gb to my son and kept my 8GB Touch; it holds more than enough for what I use it for.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 05-26-08 at 05:50 PM.
    05-26-08 05:47 PM
    I'd pay $5 for it. It's got such a clean interface, but for $20 i'd better get the same functionality and feature richness of Jivetalk.
    05-26-08 06:09 PM
    JMO - I'll wait. I tested it. As previously mentioned, the media player is free. I got the option to get it at half price, too. I just don't want to pay for another app that I may or may not keep. Again, just my opinion.

05-26-08 06:23 PM
    I had it beat but why take up memory if my berry already plays music? I deleted it within a day. Nice program, but not needed.

05-26-08 07:21 PM
    I was a beta tester, and I wouldn't pay the $19.99 half price offer for it, let alone $40.
    05-26-08 07:25 PM
    Another Beta tester. And yeah that price shocked me. Even the discounted price shocked me. I'll pass
    05-26-08 07:46 PM
    me 2!!! Dat is a very steep offering!
    05-26-08 08:05 PM
    $20.00 for the full version is a fair price. Beta users should get it for $10.00. I am a beta tester and won't be buying it. It's just not worth it. If they expect to sell any, they better drop the price substantially.
    05-26-08 08:09 PM
    Ditto x10 to all of u!!

05-26-08 08:15 PM
    I won't be buying it either. I do like the app but my ipod does the trick for me and I don't mind carrying the ipod. Besides I'm not usually on the go when listening to music and anyway have a car kit for my ipod. I was also a beta tester. I was surprised at the price too.

05-26-08 08:17 PM
    Yeah, That Price Is Crazy!!! Too Much For A Media Player!!!
    05-26-08 08:18 PM
    Beta tester here too. It IS a nice app, and they did fix a lot of stuff since the first version, but the price?

It is definitely slick and very pretty, and I really like to see the album art. But the media player gets the job done for me just fine. I would spend $10 maybe, but it would have to integrate completely while in the background and and stream in bluetooth stereo.

...Pass.
    05-26-08 09:54 PM
    I never could get the stereo bluetooth to work.
    05-26-08 10:09 PM
    As a beta, it was a pretty stellar program, though due to its lack of device integration (being able to skip tracks using Volume up/down, pausing using Mute key ALL while outside of the media program) I felt it was just luxurious and kept it just cause it was kinda pretty.

$30-$40 program? Wowzers.

It's good, but I have a solid media player already called Media.
    For security reasons, RIM currently prevents 3rd party applications from doing what you suggest above. But really, it is not at all an issue for me. Why? Well, because when the program is in the background, I only have to click the menu key once, and right there at the top is the option to bring MiuTunes to the forground. A quick click and it's in the foreground and I can easily change the volumn etc. In fact, I prefer it this way because when I'm in a business application I really don't want another program reacting to key presses.

You don't seem like you really care that much about all the great features MiuTunes has over the very basic media player, and probably have a very tight budget so it's not for you.

I wish RIM buy it, and integrated as the media player. i don't think is worth the $30
    Why would RIM buy it if you don't even think it's worth $30? Your lack of logic is exceeded only by the emptiness of your wallet.

Let me ask you this... if someone gave you something as nice as that program, would you thank them by taking them to dinner? Maybe spending $30 taking them out to dinner and a movie? I sure would... hundreds of hours coding and testing, great graphics, stellar user interface... but hey, if you only think it's worth a beer, you are entitled to your opinion.

Beta testers can get it for $19.99 for a limited time but I honestly don't think I would pay that much for a media player. Maybe $10 though...
    Guess you don't want all the bells and whistles and will be sticking with Media player. I don't see you complaining about Flipside costing $19.99, and yet you complain that it's too much for a program that does so much more? I don't think this is a problem with the program costing to much. Given it is the same price as other less capable programs on the market, it is clearly a steal even if you can't afford it.

I tested the betas, it's a GOOD program, but not GREAT...

Definitely not even close to a $40 value, and even the 50% discount isn't attractive to me for it.

I'd pay $9.99 tops as well
    I think it's way better than great... I think it's the BEST bar none currently on the market. For the same price as FlipSide, but way better. I'm curious what you think would make it better. Funny, I don't remember you saying anything on the beta test forums or suggesting how to make their program better.

$20.00 for the full version is a fair price. Beta users should get it for $10.00. I am a beta tester and won't be buying it. It's just not worth it. If they expect to sell any, they better drop the price substantially.
    Guess you'll be sticking with the media player too. Why should you have to pay $20.00 for a $40 program? I think they deserve every penny of it myself. Are you guys all starving students with no jobs or something? I want to see you put this much work into something and then not charge for it.

For anyone thinking about MiuTunes, download the 7 free trial, and then decide for yourself. Compare it to Flipside (for $20) too. For 1/2 a tank of gas I think it's a steal.
    05-26-08 10:51 PM
    does this MiuTunes for BlackBerry play all my itunes music??? even the ones I bought from i tunes store. Not uploaded to my mac from cds???
    05-26-08 11:06 PM
    It is a great program. While I was using it, it didn't seem to integrate with the controls my S9 has for music (stereo bluetooth was not an issue as it seems like it was for some of you), while the default player does. I think $40 is a bit steep too, but $10 bucks? That's a bit undervalued. $15 would have been the perfect price for me.

Grats on the free license though Patrick
    05-26-08 11:18 PM
    For 1/2 a tank of gas I think it's a steal.
    Next time you want to call something a "steal," I'd suggest you don't compare its price to the price of gasoline. That isn't going to make it look like a value these days.
    05-26-08 11:34 PM
    tested it, LIKED it, but not enough to keep it, much less buy it. The standard media player works great for me. For the Beta testers that got free licenses, congratulations to them. I think one of them is in this thread....and its not me
    05-26-08 11:42 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD