I will not adopt BB10, I have realized that owning a phone from the market leaders like Apple and Android has some serious benefits in the sense of apps and features. I will be moving on shortly to the HTC Evo. In technology it is not worth supporting an incompetent company like RIM. I have gone too long without the apps and features that many consider the norm.
    06-30-12 07:57 AM
    I talked to a client today who is a huge BB fan. He said he absolutely would switch away from BB when BB10 is out because he thought there was never going to be one with a physical keyboard!

After I told him that was wrong, which made him very happy, he said he would hold out then until they make one with a physical keyboard.

I think the keyboard issue will really prevent a lot of the core fanbase from buying BB10 immediately. I hope RIM follows up with the keyboard model quickly.
    well with this much time they ought to br able to roll them both out at the same time. in tech terms 6 months is ancient history. by the way i'm typing this on my 9800 touch kb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry Forum app by Tapatalk
    06-30-12 08:07 AM
    Bump. I came across this summer thread from my Subscribed list and thought it might be interesting to revisit it now that BB10 is much closer and it sounds like the physical keyboard model might be releases relatively soon after the touchscreen option. Everyone still feel the same way as they did during the original thread discussion?

I'm still very much looking forward to playing with an L-series in the store before I make my final decision, but probably will end up with the touchscreen for a new BB experience for me if nothing else. Definitely planning to move to BB10 one way or another, though.
    11-19-12 02:46 PM
    I have had the keyboard sonce day one. I will opt for the touch screen the day it's avail just for a change. I want to be one of the cool kids
    11-19-12 04:27 PM
    Bump. I came across this summer thread from my Subscribed list and thought it might be interesting to revisit it now that BB10 is much closer and it sounds like the physical keyboard model might be releases relatively soon after the touchscreen option. Everyone still feel the same way as they did during the original thread discussion?
    Great idea. Since then I've gotten to the point where it was almost a definite "yes", but then I flashed Jelly Bean [parts] on my current hardware and have toyed around with a Nexus 4 and now I don't think I can do it. Regarding the keyboard, I like the way BB10 handles multiple languages, though I've grown quite smitten with Android's gesture keyboard. I never got into Swype because I thought the keyboard was terrible for regular typing, but I've been a fan of the Android keyboard and the addition of swiping makes it a dream to type on (even on a tablet which I've always found to be dreadful). Then you get into how well each OS embraces modern design trends, apps and little details that you'd only find in an OS that's seen several revisions, etc. Realistically, I don't think I can adopt BB10 just yet; not because something is wrong with it, but because I'd be loosing to much going from a generations-old OS to a new one. Maybe after a revision or two, but not before all the stuff I want/need is there. Still have the PlayBook and I'm looking forward to playing with the L-Series in-store. Who knows? Maybe I'll see something that changes my mind then.
    11-19-12 11:10 PM
    I'm not planning on getting a BB10 device.

I'll either stay with Windows Phone or switch to Android.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-20-12 12:57 AM
    So far the only touch screen keyboard that is close to acceptable is Swiftkey3. If the new BB10 all touch is really as good as it looks then I'll take it. If not, then a waiting for a real keyboard I shall.
    11-20-12 01:01 AM
    I will buy the keyboard one, full touch screen devices have always been a major weakness for rim. WIle the software is improving I'm not so sure the hardware will be all that. I bought a S3 to replace all my tables as a browsing experience. And illuse my 9900 until a keyboard bb10 comes out.
    11-20-12 01:29 AM
    My 9930 is a couple of months old, and I'm not due for an upgrade any time soon. So won't be making the jump for another year or so, and then only if there is a physical keyboard model as good as my 9930. If that is the case, and I like what I see with BB OS 10, then I'll consider getting a BB OS 10 device, and not before.
    11-20-12 10:02 AM
    At this point I am not convinced on BB10. Yes I will accept it on my playbooks because I bought them already. But, looking at the qwerty style BB10 really turns me off. I must have my track pad which I use all the time with all my Berries. I am gonna stick with my Berries for a long time.
    11-20-12 10:23 AM
    @Thunderbuck, I will not get a BB10 device when it is first released. It has nothing to do with the fact that the first device RIM releases will be touchscreen-only. I will need to compare the ecosystem of RIM with that of other platforms before I make any decision.
    This approximates my view. I may get a BB10 device when it's first released, if by that time I know enough about what it can do, and what it brings to the table. But I will need some store time to convince myself that a non-Swype virtual keyboard will work for me. However, having made the transition from hard keyboard to Swype, I'm less intransigent about keyboards than I used to be. Even old dogs can learn new tricks, it seems. I'd love to discover that the BB10 implementation of SwiftKey blows my doors off.

So I guess I don't really know what I'll do. I hope to like everything about the all-touch BB10 phone, but if I don't, I'll wait for the N-series--if the OS and ecosystem are as good as we all hope they are.
    11-20-12 12:52 PM
    if the OS and ecosystem are as good as we all hope they are.
    This was my feeling and hope about WindowsPhone8. Seeing that I already use a Windows laptop, Outlook organizing software, SkyDrive, Skype, and an Outlook.com email address, I figured it would be a no-brainer to switch to WP8 so everything would seamlessly work together and since WP8 would surely have lots of bells and whistles that BB doesn't currently have. Having spent some time on the WPCentral forums, however, has confirmed that's unfortunately not the case yet, so I'm very much looking forward to the BB10 launch to see if RIM produces a complete, well-tuned "platform" as Thorstein keeps promoting. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    11-20-12 02:27 PM
    When RIM releases the BB10 phone with a physical keypad I will buy it the next day. Love my Bold 9930 don't want to downgrade to a BB10 torch device.
    Your username matches your personality, you really are a madman if you think you'll be downgrading from a 9900 to bb10!
    11-20-12 04:41 PM
    I would looove to get a BB10 device when it arrives, but I have a 9900 and as a student I just can't justify spending (probably) $700 on a new phone, even if I can sell my 9900 for 300 (best case scenario). On the other hand, I am foolish enough spend ~$350 on the Nexus 4, if only they weren't sold out. I might switch back and forth between the two, or try to sell my bold. But honestly, I still really like my 9900.
    11-20-12 05:12 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD