Who Will Fill the BlackBerry Void? - WorkIntelligent.ly

The tone makes it sound as if BlackBerry has already left the enterprise market. I can't stand articles like this. Presumptions, predictions, and nothing based on fact. Yes the consumer market has dropped drastically but I think the BlackBerry foothold I. Enterprise is very strong.

We can't extrapolate consumer numbers to the enterprise world which the author has done here.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:49 AM

The tone makes it sound as if BlackBerry has already left the enterprise market. I can't stand articles like this. Presumptions, predictions, and nothing based on fact. Yes the consumer market has dropped drastically but I think the BlackBerry foothold I. Enterprise is very strong.

We can't extrapolate consumer numbers to the enterprise world which the author has done here.

Posted via CB10
    While Enterprise is still BlackBerry's biggest source of income.... that doesn't mean that BlackBerry is still KING in enterprise. Most business I know of have moved on to other devices and many of them to BYOD. Government is where I still see BlackBerry being King when it comes to devices.

Now Device Management, BES still seems to be the dominate player, but how much of the business world just needs email and how much of it needs full device management? How much of Enterprise is companies with 100's of employees with devices, and how much of it is made up of small companies with 10 employees using a mobile device?

What is Enterprise?
    06-02-14 11:07 AM
    BlackBerry will fill BlackBerry's "void"!. Please! These articles are just written by very daft individuals who don't seem to know what BlackBerry is truly about.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 03:33 PM
    What is Enterprise?
    Sometimes I wonder the same thing.. most companies can live with your average type of security in sending emails and that.. I think only a government would need that type of security and device management..

But what do I know.. nothing I guess :P

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    06-02-14 03:46 PM
    Police in my home town all use iPhones!?

Guess the writing is on wall.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-03-14 02:03 AM
    Well, BlackBerry IS dying, it's John Chen's & co responsibility to save the company. Hopefully they will be able to do so, I don't think that it's BlackBerry's products what are failing but the name itself.

How can they make the name BlackBerry mean something good again? Marketing? Possibly. Yet, the name is tarnished and no one wants to know anything that has to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Very poorly researched article, built on a lot of assumptions. Especially since BlackBerry currently has over 61% of the enterprise MDM market and has issued 1,000,000 BES 10 licenses through the EZ Pass program.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-03-14 02:13 AM
    Well, BlackBerry IS dying, it's John Chen's & co responsibility to save the company. Hopefully they will be able to do so, I don't think that it's BlackBerry's products what are failing but the name itself.

How can they make the name BlackBerry mean something good again? Marketing? Possibly. Yet, the name is tarnished and no one wants to know anything that has to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, maybe re-branding on the consumer side would work.
    06-03-14 05:58 AM
    Very poorly researched article, built on a lot of assumptions. Especially since BlackBerry currently has over 61% of the enterprise MDM market and has issued 1,000,000 BES 10 licenses through the EZ Pass program.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    But if the MDM market is only 15% of the companies that make up enterprise, BlackBerry's 61% means very little.

1 Million is a large number... but then again is it? How many "enterprise" devices are there in the world that are managed?

I can easily see where Apples claim to be #1 in the "business" world could be true. And BlackBerry could still be #1 in the "enterprise" MDM market.
    06-03-14 08:14 AM