Hey guys, perhaps this has already been showed or discussed but yesterday, while looking for the answer for the las AutoTrivia from QNX in Twitter I found this page that showed what car brands uses QNX OS, Microsoft, Android, and Linux in their vehicles. Take a look

� QNX Transportation Technology Ventures
    Attached Thumbnails Who uses what OS in their cars? Android, Microsoft, QNX, Linux-qnx.png  
    12-29-12 08:09 AM
    Thanks a million for posting this. I'm going to take advantage of your post to see if someone can answer a question for me: I have a Ford (MyTouch Sync) and have been concerned that there may be problems pairing the BB10 software. I had a Ford serviceman tell me that they occasionally have problems with BB. Does anyone see any issues with pairing the BB10 software with MyTouch Sync specifically or with any vehicle in general?
    12-29-12 08:20 AM
    Thanks a million for posting this. I'm going to take advantage of your post to see if someone can answer a question for me: I have a Ford (MyTouch Sync) and have been concerned that there may be problems pairing the BB10 software. I had a Ford serviceman tell me that they occasionally have problems with BB. Does anyone see any issues with pairing the BB10 software with MyTouch Sync specifically or with any vehicle in general?
    I don't have the answer for you question but I wanted to say that my brother had issues pairing his Galaxy S II with Android 2.3 back in April to his Honda Civic Si 2012, and the salesperson told him that Androids were having some difficulties with the pairing process. The funny thing is that I had my 9900 in my pocket with the Bluetooth ON and the car ignored the Galaxy and quickly wanted to pair with my BB. The salesperson (a She) then confirmed that BlackBerrys were pairing without a hassle, unlike Androids. ) But yeah, at the end, the Galaxy finally was paired with the car.
    12-29-12 08:49 AM
    I use the steering wheel, clutch, brake and accelerator pedals together with the gear stick
    12-29-12 08:55 AM
    I have sync as well (Fusion). It's not a BB issue, it's a sync issue. I heard iOS has more bugs than BB with sync. FWIW, I have little issues with it. It paired easily, and works fairly well. sync's voice recognition is not the best IMO, but I mostly use it for simple phone calls and bluetooth audio only. When it does bug out, I just reboot my BB with the car off.

It works off bluetooth, so I see no reason for it not to work with BB10.
    ctuffy likes this.
    12-29-12 09:15 AM
    It works off bluetooth, so I see no reason for it not to work with BB10.
    Thank you. I humbly bow to the experts on this forum because I am so un-savvy on these things. I didn't know if bluetooth was the key to the syncing or if it was something more detailed. I appreciate your answer.
    12-29-12 09:34 AM
    I use the steering wheel, clutch, brake and accelerator pedals together with the gear stick
    What's a clutch?
    12-29-12 07:53 PM
    Even though Ram is under Chrysler it is still considered separate, so you need to add Ramtrucks to the list of QNX consumers.
    12-29-12 07:59 PM
    lol you are funny :|
    12-29-12 08:01 PM
    Not sure how others sync up but BB with MyTouch (QNX) is weird.... There are three items that need to sync up. The first one always syncs up no problem but then the other two will fail. Then the second one will sync up but the third one will fail and than finally the third one will finally sync up..not sure why they can't all sync and connect at the same time, but for the minute or so you can not use your phone since the failures keep coming up till it finally connects.
    12-29-12 08:04 PM
    What's a clutch?
    It's what RIM is finally going to engage on January 30th, 2013. When they do, you'd better be strapped in tight! ;-)
    Stewartj1 and Dapper37 like this.
    12-29-12 08:05 PM
    Does it actually make a difference or not having a matching qnx phone?? In other words, do you get added features or functionality using a bb10 as opposed to iOS or DROID phone with a qnx car??
    12-29-12 08:07 PM
    I believe they call that operating system the Carbon OS. The same OS that allows my vehicle to operate safely 99% of the time without any reboots although an occasional carbohydrate trickle charge is necessary on extended operations.
    12-29-12 08:15 PM
    What's a clutch?
    I hope Thorsten keeps his hands to himself. LOL
    12-29-12 08:16 PM
    Does it actually make a difference or not having a matching qnx phone?? In other words, do you get added features or functionality using a bb10 as opposed to iOS or DROID phone with a qnx car??
    Stay tuned until Jan 30th...
    Its already been demonstrated at CES last year that sharing music in the car will be dead simple between PlayBooks, so I expect that to carry through to the phones.
    12-29-12 08:24 PM
    Saw this come in my feeds:

Your Smartphone Will Replace Your Car Keys by 2015 | Autopia | Wired.com

From their announcement, it looks like Hyundai is either hedging its bets or ditching QNX altogether (?) in going with Broadcom and Mirrorlink.
    12-29-12 08:25 PM