I do not have a data plan and everything I use works just as if I had the data plan.

I have Comcast email that I have setup through Outlook on my PC. I set up that email account on my BB and I get emails/notications sent to my BB when I've been emailed.

I never have a problem with my internet connection as there is WiFe everywhere. I use my messengers, texts, various applications, etc. as well.

I wouldn't pay for the data plan again.
    05-28-09 12:45 PM
    I've never had to pay for data plan. It comes inslusive with my contract which includes unlimited texts as well as unlimited off peak calls. All for just �16 per month and I got the BB for free as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:58 PM
    I have not yet purchased it, but I will be getting the 8900 to use on T-Mobile soon. My usage will be just like pantanda's. Wifi is readily available in the places I spend most of my time. So internet and email will be accessible without the data plan. For me the data plan would really only be nice to have for turn by turn GPS while driving. But at $40/month it's simply not worth it. I have also heard that one of the GPS apps will soon provide downloadable maps so that route calculations and on the fly changes will not require the data connection... Best of both worlds IMO.
    05-28-09 02:45 PM
    I posted a similar question earlier, but as I am a sprint customer they are telling me they cannot transfer the esn/imei etc. for using a Blackberry without a data plan. Is it just that others use a different provider and thus can just do phone/texting with it? This is the question I'm hoping someone will answer.
    05-28-09 11:53 PM
    My wife has a pearl without data because she wouldn't use it, wouldn't be able to, and I can have 5 email accounts so she had me add hers to my pearl cause I have data so she never misses an email. I didn't have data the first month I had a pearl and it just isn't the same as a motorolla without data functions, the net just calls you and now I have to have it, in pin and email more than I text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 01:35 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD