so im curious as to how many blackberry users still use anti-virus on their devices? I saw this app NetQin Security few days ago and been using it since then, and it makes me think if its really that much of a difference to use an antivirus app considering that a blackberry device is safe and secure out of the box. Who here still uses an anti-virus and what makes you think you still need one regardless of blackberry devices being secured already?

Sent via Porsche Blackberry�
    06-07-13 08:32 AM
    not me, i hope i'm going to the right direction
    06-07-13 09:19 AM
    not me, i hope i'm going to the right direction
    I've never experienced a virus on a blackberry for the past 4 years I've been using one, it's just consuming some space on the device when you actually don't need one, the phone itself is secure already I don't know if I should keep it or just delete it
    06-07-13 09:37 AM
    There are anti-virus apps for BB?
    06-07-13 09:48 AM
    BB has had a couple security flaws throughout the years (most notably the JaredCo apps and the security hole in the OS6 webkit browser), and although I pretty much have piece of mind that something like that happening again isn't as likely as other platforms, I'd still like the option to have an antivirus to scan my device just to be sure. On my Nexus I use AVG and that automatically scans my phone each time I download a device from the Play Store (I don't download apps from the web on my Nexus, but I do sideload on my Z10), a nightly scan, and a manual scan whenever I'd like.
    filoinstyle likes this.
    06-07-13 10:01 AM