View Poll Results: Who thinks RIM should get sued for Truncated Email and false advertising?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 27.81%
  • No

109 72.19%
    While I'm here....is anyone else having trouble viewing this thread on their PC? Every other thread renders fine, except this one on my laptop...running Firefox...?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:45 PM
    this is a joke right? you think you would win a class action lawsuit?
    I'm with you, someone with one laywer against who knows how many of theres.. Thats just the way they are..
    11-21-09 08:58 PM
    While I'm here....is anyone else having trouble viewing this thread on their PC? Every other thread renders fine, except this one on my laptop...running Firefox...?????

Yes. RIM is truncating the thread.
    11-21-09 09:01 PM
    Yes. RIM is truncating the thread.
    Zing! lol Also, I think RIM found this thread and has started to ask their employees to vote "No".
    11-22-09 11:43 AM
    It's people like you that are sue happy that give us American's a bad name.
    I'm not sue happy but it's true that some corporations only communicate through their lawyers.
    12-03-09 10:06 AM
    People who think you have to WIN a suit have it all wrong. All you need is to be annoying enough to get a settlement.

12-03-09 10:26 AM
    As well as have the funds to even make it as far as a settlement situation with a company like RIM

12-03-09 10:56 AM
    People who think you have to WIN a suit have it all wrong. All you need is to be annoying enough to get a settlement.

Or annoying enough to get results. RIM is tripping over themselves to bring their OS up to the current popular standard. Some bad press at a time like this could very well get the situation remedied.
    12-03-09 05:41 PM
    I think its crazy how far off base some people are. Vote with your wallet??? Seriously, you would have to have millions of people to stop buying from RIM to even affect them. Voting with your wallet works at small and I stress the word small buisness. If you go to a mom and pop store and aren't happy with somethinh and you tell them you won't come back until its fixed I can almost guarantee you they will fix it. My rant is now over. Lol.

12-03-09 07:46 PM
    I think its crazy how far off base some people are. Vote with your wallet??? Seriously, you would have to have millions of people to stop buying from RIM to even affect them. Voting with your wallet works at small and I stress the word small buisness. If you go to a mom and pop store and aren't happy with somethinh and you tell them you won't come back until its fixed I can almost guarantee you they will fix it. My rant is now over. Lol.

Wallet speaks loud and clear. RIM doesn't care because you guys keep buying the new junk.

Look at GM, Ford, Chrysler, Microsoft, IBM, Sprint, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, PanAm, TWA, Mervy, CompUSA, Palm, Maytag ........
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-03-09 at 09:01 PM.
    12-03-09 08:00 PM
    I think most people are happy with RIM. If you aren't then switch phones. If I'm not happy with something then I switch. People are always trying to start petitions online thinking it will work and I think that's funny.

12-03-09 09:03 PM
    I think most people are happy with RIM. If you aren't then switch phones.

Exactly, you vote with your wallet. You like RIM, buy from RIM. If not, buy from another company.
    12-03-09 09:06 PM
    Or annoying enough to get results. RIM is tripping over themselves to bring their OS up to the current popular standard. Some bad press at a time like this could very well get the situation remedied.
    Lol.

Imagine losing and having to pick up the tab for RIM's lawyers. That alone, would deter most litigants.

Well, that and the fact that the claim is totally frivolous.
    12-04-09 12:09 AM
    This is rediculous, you have absolutly nothing better to do than attack the company that makes the phone you supposedly love so much, its kind of like ordering a pizza and suing the pizza parlor when the cheese runs over the crust. RIM has never said that im aware of that we will get all of our email all of the time. ive only not gotten the endless chain crap that my aunt sends me other wise ive not had a big issue with this. just tell you freinds to stop emailing you theyre life stories. and five thousand attachments.
    12-04-09 09:31 AM
    I don't feel like reading this whole thread. I am quite satisfied with my email experience on my bb.

But for the op: why the **** would you sue the company making the phone you use? So that upcoming devices can be more expensive due to the money lost? So that rim will have to wait on starting new development projects because of the deficit in profit due to this dumb lawsuit?

Use your brain.

12-04-09 01:04 PM
    I don't feel like reading this whole thread. I am quite satisfied with my email experience on my bb.

But for the op: why the **** would you sue the company making the phone you use? So that upcoming devices can be more expensive due to the money lost? So that rim will have to wait on starting new development projects because of the deficit in profit due to this dumb lawsuit?

Use your brain.

You may want to go back and read the entire thread...you're missing the point in all of this.
    12-04-09 01:20 PM
    you guys are serious about this aren't you?!?!

wow

all i can say i'm glad you can sue stupidity or alot of you would be in serious trouble..

I can honestly sit here and say it is 2010 and i do not own a computer @ my house. I strictly use my BB or my work computer for EVERYTHING communications related or web related. and i don't see this being a problem in the least... and if you are that impatient that you need to see all of you're emails right now, and cannot wait a few hours to you get home... you need to slow down and enjoy life a little, you only live once.
    12-04-09 03:22 PM
117 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD