It works, I asked the guys in the 8520 section and it works with a piece of plastic over it.
    09-17-09 02:59 PM
    I like the trackball. The trackpad is ok on my laptop, but quite often I find myself disabling it, opting instead to use the ThinkPad's Trackpoint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 04:47 PM
    I like the trackball. The trackpad is ok on my laptop, but quite often I find myself disabling it, opting instead to use the ThinkPad's Trackpoint.

I never tried a trackpoint, but my laptops have been Toshiba and HP, not IBM/Lenovo.

09-17-09 04:53 PM
    I'm bored of the trackball, bring on the trackpad.
    09-17-09 05:13 PM
    I have heard people say that with the trackpad if you have a little bit of moisture on your fingers it dosent work that well?

09-18-09 11:20 PM
    I am all about the touch screen...I hate and can not get used to track anything...I find myself trying to touch the screen of my lap top from time to time cause I use touch screen tough books at work and I forget...I do the same thing with thw tour and the curve when I using someone else's I try to touch the screen.

09-18-09 11:38 PM
    [QUOTE=eve6er69;3597976]With all these new devices coming out with rumored and pictured trackpad's I have to say I am not really looking forward to giving up the trusty trackball.
    Now I know people have some issues with them time after time but its a cheap DIY fix.

I have heard rumors that the pad dosen't respond well to clammy or damp fingers etc...

I don't know if I am the only one but I really like the look/feel of the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

I really don't understand the hype over the trackpad. It seems to do the same thing as the trackball. One thing that I have noticed about RIM is that they spend a lot of time and money making their devices better functioning but seem to rarely offer anything new. I appreciate that their phones get netter at what they already do, but why not try to offer new functionality? I would like the idea of the trackpad if it other uses besides doing exactly what the trackball and essentially the scroll wheel did.

09-28-09 06:58 PM

I really don't understand the hype over the trackpad. It seems to do the same thing as the trackball. One thing that I have noticed about RIM is that they spend a lot of time and money making their devices better functioning but seem to rarely offer anything new. I appreciate that their phones get netter at what they already do, but why not try to offer new functionality? I would like the idea of the trackpad if it other uses besides doing exactly what the trackball and essentially the scroll wheel did.

The trackpad = no more trackball problems. That is something very new.

And I agree with a previous poster, the trackpad may not respond well to
    dry or damp hands. I experience the same thing sometimes with my iPhone.
    09-28-09 08:02 PM
    i finally got the chance to play with a BB that had a trackpad and i loved it...may take a few mins to get used to but i think i'd rather have the pad
    09-29-09 07:25 AM
    I love the trackball and don't understand why people have so much trouble with them, I think they use it with greasy and wet fingers that's why is always messing up with them, I've had 4 BBs with trackballs and have never had any issues, only reason why I replace the trackball is because it gets dirty...I've played with the trackpad and it isn't bad but the pad it self is very losse and a bit cheap IMO but I'm willing to giv it a shot, have no other choice lol
    09-29-09 07:42 AM
    I like the trackball just fine works good for me .I would try the trackpad if that's what the phone had but not because I dislike the trackball. Seems like the trackball gives you more moveablity since it just rolls and a trackpad you would have lost some of that but I have not used a trackpad ever so just IMO

09-29-09 07:49 AM
    I would hate a trackpad. I buy IBM laptops because they are one of the makers that don't use a track pad.
    09-29-09 09:55 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD