Is blackberry like a name of the company like Samsung, LG, Nokia/
    11-02-08 10:24 AM
    The name of the company that manufactures Blackberries is called RIM - Research In Motion.
    11-02-08 10:25 AM
    RIM - Research In Motion
    11-02-08 10:25 AM
    Never heard about the company called RIM..

How are they doing in the stock market?
    11-02-08 10:26 AM
    Ticker is RIMM. And they are doing poorly like everyone else. Still a good company with solid fundamentals though.
    11-02-08 10:35 AM
    Research In Motion

RIM Fast Facts

* Founded in 1984
    * Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    * Offices in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific
    * Listed on both the Nasdaq Stock Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange
    11-02-08 10:39 AM
    Never heard about the company called RIM..

How are they doing in the stock market?
    The shareholders own Research In Motion. The two guys that run it also invented it, they own a lot of shares. BlackBerry is a product they manufacture, support and continue to refine.

Jim Balsillie - Mike Lazaridis - RIM's Executive Team - Research In Motion
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-02-08 at 12:28 PM.
    11-02-08 11:43 AM
    They also often get sued for patent infringement. Hopefully the lawsuits won't affect the product in a negative way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 07:51 PM
    Rim is a very well company, how the upcoming storm affects the market will be the deciding factor on the next 18/24 months. Some worry that they are pushing too many products through without getting the "bugs" worked out.. Bold being one of them.. Highly public delays on a "flagship" device..
    11-02-08 07:59 PM
    Might become a take over target with stock so low. I did not buy any RIM stock as I found better bargains at least IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 08:13 PM
    Well Rimm like any other decent company is a good stock to buy. Prices won't be this low forever now is a good time to buy and wait for the market to recover.
    11-02-08 08:14 PM
    I have no doubts in the future of RIM. They will always do well as long as they continue the pace they have been on in the past couple years with the success of the 8800 and 8300 series. I think these two were the turning point which then of course lead to the Bold and now the Storm and Javelin. Go RIM!

And Mike Lazaridis is a genius! He's who you give credit to for the invention of what we call the Crackberry.
    11-03-08 05:15 AM
    RIM is also a Canadian company! I personally (and I know a lot of others who think like this aswell) will always buy a Canadian product over an american one.
    11-03-08 11:43 AM
    Is blackberry like a name of the company like Samsung, LG, Nokia/
    posting to confirm that I'm the owner of Blackberry.
    11-03-08 12:02 PM
    BlackBerry is a brand created and owned by Research In Motion which is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Research In Motion is a public company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:RIM) and the NASDAQ (NASDAQ:RIMM).

The company was started in the early 1980s by Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis.

RIM's market cap as of noon today is $35B, compared with Nokia at $60B, Motorola at $11.5B, Sony Ericsson at $23B and Palm at $430M. Other companies to compare with, but not pure play wireless handset manufacturers, are Apple at $96B, Microsoft at $203B and Google at $112B.

Hope this helps.
    11-03-08 12:10 PM
    Of course the Blackberry devices are made in various parts of the world, but I'm happy to see my Bold 9000 as "Made in Canada". Sure, many parts are made in China or wherever, but it was assembled by my fellow countrymen.

disclaimer: (I'm saying fellow countrymen and not saying citizens as some of the actual workers may not have their Canadian citizenship yet)
    11-03-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD